PDA

View Full Version : Walking like a woman

Martha G
11-03-2013, 08:42 AM
I would like some advise on how to develop a womanly walk.

Regarding my voice, it is perceived on the telephone many times as being that of a woman's. Also some times when I am talking to some one with out them looking at me I have been called miss or lady. It is not feminine but sounds more like a woman's than a mans.

So that part is fine. Just need to make it sound more feminine.

However, I do need some help in how to develop a womanly walk.

Any suggestions on how I can accomplish this .

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

S. Lisa Smith
11-03-2013, 08:58 AM
Here you go...http://wiki.susans.org/index.php/Walk_like_a_woman_(How_to)

Krististeph
11-03-2013, 09:34 AM
This is not steps or tips- but more of a whole mindset / point of view / symbiosis to your learning & practice. This is the single best piece of advice I EVER found:

In general, sitting or standing, as much as reasonably possible, keep your elbows tucked in by your side, and keeps your knees together.

When walking, this tends to twist your palms out forward a little. This is itself is a subtle thing, but it feels different, and I use this to remind myself to 'think feminine' more consistently. Keeping the knees together speaks for itself, and again, provides a subtle natural effect.

Think of walking as a 'thing women do to appear feminine' rather than just to get somewhere. I know GGs and TSs do not consciously think this when walking, but it is a fair start to TRAINING yourself. It's fun to think of how you are going to try to do this as well.

Also: Cross your legs at the ankle, angle your lower legs a little (knees to the left, ankles to the right).

And finally, take lots of pictures, videos. This breaks up the practice a little and helps you remember how you moved or felt when you see a feminine look or movement you've done that fits your definition of femininity.

Marcelle
11-03-2013, 09:40 AM
Hi Martha,

Not an expert by any means but I have noticed one thing in that as guys we tend to walk with our shoulders for emphasis . . . I find the younger the more the swagger (aka shoulder walk). Watching women walk in the malls more of the stride comes from the legs/thighs/hips. This most likely has to do with weight proportion. In addition, the steps are shorter and quicker in some cases. This is not always as I have observed some women having longer strides with more of a boyish swagger.

Hugs

Isha

Beverley Sims
11-03-2013, 09:46 AM
I think you have to be very conscious for a while and concentrate on the pointers.
Eventually it becomes natural and if you go out enough you will change your walking stance permanently.
Shorter steps and a little of one foot in front of the other like a catwalk model is a good start.

Martha G
11-03-2013, 09:57 AM
It means practice! practice! practice!

This is one of costume dresses which has a 115" hoopskirt.

Usually I walk like a football player coming off the field. It will be nice to walk in a nice feminine stride with it.

(http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/hvk4.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Thanks for all of the help.

Barbara_Jean
11-03-2013, 10:01 AM
Just to add some to what everyone else has said. Walk with your legs closer together. Try to rub your knees which will give you the Feminie Sway. Point the palms of your hands down to the ground and your fingers out to the sides a little. This will help. If you have a GG Friend, ask her to watch you and give you pointers.

Karren H
11-03-2013, 10:02 AM
Smaller steps.... lots of arm swinging... don't spit... those are my rules! lol

Marleena
11-03-2013, 10:13 AM
Yeah.. gobbing will give you away every time!lol.

Marcelle
11-03-2013, 10:57 AM
Funny thing . . . My wife and I were out for a walk at a park one time and we passed one of the prettiest girls (GG) we had both ever seen. Polished, well dressed and quite lovely. As we walked by her so let loose a spit that a most tobacco chewing cowboys would be envious of. It was then that I realized she was chewing tobacco . . . so I'll add don't chew tobacco when trying to present and if you do, don't spit while walking :eek:

Hugs

Isha

JenniferR771
11-03-2013, 11:06 AM
My suggestion: most girls are taught to walk with shoulders back, and head level--like with a book on the top of the head. Don't swing the shoulders. Knockers up.

Martha G
11-03-2013, 12:13 PM
With all this help I will be walking like a woman in no time!

My natural voice tends to sound like a woman's voice. Just need to make it feminine and practice with my gestures.

Thanks for all of your help.

Deborah2B
11-03-2013, 12:42 PM
I found these web links to help you out. There is another one that shows it graphicly that I coulld not find at this time.
http://feminizationsecrets.com/transgender-walk-like-woman/
http://www.wikihow.com/Walk-Like-a-Diva

Christina Kay
11-03-2013, 01:04 PM
Lots of great advice and links , have been mentioned before. For me it's a gliding walk. Keeping good balance, not leaning forward as we do as men. The motion comes from your center/ pelvis area. When stepping I slighty turn in my foot, this will cause a swaying motion in the hips. You should be able to stop on a dime and turn direction fluidly. This means your keeping your weight balanced . Practice barefooted first, this gives a better feel for your balance. Don't forget the previous posts about the arms. There should be an overall feel of ease and fluidity. Relax into it. Feels so good to get a nice little sway and zoosh to your walk. Hugs

AmyGaleRT
11-03-2013, 06:43 PM
I think of it as a "glide" as well. Smaller steps, taken in line with each other; legs close together; arms close to body and not really "swung," but left to sway freely; head up, eyes front; and try not to concentrate on the mechanics too much, but just let it happen. On Halloween, I had GGs telling me they couldn't walk that gracefully in heels!

- Amy

Sometimes Steffi
11-03-2013, 10:39 PM
Contact Monica Prata

http://www.nouveaushe.com/

ReineD
11-03-2013, 11:26 PM
Here's an interactive animation. Click on the "lines" button on the bottom left so you can see the figure better. And then play with the sliders between the male and female sides. You can also switch to different type of walks depending on mood.

Be careful though. Very few women actually walk like the figure all the way to the right, except perhaps models on the runway which would look way out of place in the mainstream. Most people walk closer to the middle with men slightly to the left of center and women only slightly to the right.

http://www.biomotionlab.ca/Demos/BMLwalker.html

Diane78
11-04-2013, 12:06 AM
Just swing those hips a bit more.

AmyGaleRT
11-04-2013, 12:12 AM
Be careful though. Very few women actually walk like the figure all the way to the right, except perhaps models on the runway which would look way out of place in the mainstream. Most people walk closer to the middle with men slightly to the left of center and women only slightly to the right.

You may find it useful, though, to practice the ultra-femme "runway" walk, to impress the "muscle memory" of walking, and then tone it down for actual walking in public. This is a technique used by actors who have to learn lines quickly; they deliberately "ham up" the acting in rehearsal, to impress the lines in memory, then tone down the delivery in the actual performance.

- Amy

HelenR2
11-06-2013, 01:19 PM
Shoulders back, chin level with ground, hips slightly forward, elbows in, and don't put one foot directly in front of the other let alone crossing the feet over when walking because women don't walk like that.

mikiSJ
11-06-2013, 01:34 PM
...don't spit...

OK, but what if you chew tobacco????

Stand tall, head and shoulders back. Close your stance and keep you elbow as close to your body as is comfortable. Don't swing your hips or arms too much. Try to be simple and fluid.

Martha G
11-06-2013, 02:40 PM
With all this help I know that I can't help but succeed.

Michelle (Oz)
11-06-2013, 05:33 PM
Just one more thought. Don't swing your whole arm. Be looser and swing your arm more from your elbow than your shoulder. Walk behind a good looking well dressed GG and learn from her walk ... or is that stalking?

So many things to think about but practice does help.

jenni_xx
11-06-2013, 05:48 PM
Forget it. You are a man, so the best piece of advice anyone can offer is just to be your natural self. No pretending, no trying to emulate anyone else, just be yourself.

Be proud about your status as a cd.

All the advice saying to "walk like this" or "walk like that" - it's hogwash. Again, just be yourself.