PDA

View Full Version : How have you changed?

Ayame
11-03-2013, 02:41 PM
Just looking at old posts of mine from years ago, it almost seems as if I am a completely different person these days. I am not talking in terms of physical appearance but my general mentality and views on things. To be fair when I first joined this site I was just a young pup, and now I am in my mid twenties, but I find that being on forums like this, meeting people in queer communities, and meeting some kick ass feminists that I am more humble and understanding to myself, my surroundings, and the people around me.

Khaleesi81
11-03-2013, 03:22 PM
Interesting question!
In the past year since I've been 'out' more, I'm much happier not having to repress this aspect of myself. Interesting point on feminists- a lot of my friends are feminist and those that know about my crossdressing are intrigued and supporting of it. My views on life are fairly compatible with theirs though.

ArleneRaquel
11-03-2013, 03:31 PM
My mental condition is one of perfect serenity. My thoughtfulness for others has risen and my entire attitude has improved and I feel the bast that I have in years. :)

Kate Simmons
11-03-2013, 03:56 PM
Self understanding is really one of the hardest things in life to accomplish. Those of us who have gotten there are truly blessed.:battingeyelashes::)

kimdl93
11-03-2013, 04:00 PM
It's all there to be seen. I've certainly come out much farther and more enthusiastically than I ever imagined in 2010. To me, it's been a matter of peeling back layers of insulation to se what's really beneath.

AllieSF
11-03-2013, 04:03 PM
I really do like your question and how you phrased it. As I believe that we learn something new almost everyday, starting to crossdress at a very late age has given me a crash course in another side of diversity, that of gender and sexual. I have always been fairly accepting of other people's differences, but probably never really understood the depth of some of those differences. Being a new member to a small diverse community as this has really opened my eyes and helped me to firm up my convictions about accepting, or at least tolerating, other's diverse activities and life styles, and to more than ever defend their rights to be different. Most of that defense is shown on this site when the "do it my way" segments seem to gang up on someone different from themselves. I am also more aware of the discrimination out on the real world away from this site and am now voicing that same defense more frequently. Since I am one to pick my battles, not just to fight the ones I can win, but to contribute or become involved when my efforts may provide some added benefit to the situation.

So, yes, over time I am changing and I hope that it is all for the better, for me and those around me, and probably more importantly for those who need support. I still have a long way to go.

Karren H
11-03-2013, 04:29 PM
I'm the same crazy ass person I was last year.... last decade.... but I have become even more outgoing and more outspoken especially at work.... when it comes to the wellbeing of my minions... I so love to fight the good fight.... and win.....

Marleena
11-03-2013, 04:35 PM
When I first joined here I wanted to help people accept they are CD or TG. Now I'm the one that needs help because I'm actually TS. The joke is on me.

kimdl93
11-03-2013, 05:12 PM
Its no Joke that yo have come to a new understanding of yourself. Maybe not the one you hoped for but something you can live with, right?

Marleena
11-03-2013, 05:15 PM
Hi Kim, I have no choice in the matter. So far I'm hanging in there, at least everything that has gone on in my life makes sense now.

CynthiaD
11-03-2013, 05:45 PM
It took me a long time to accept who I am, but once I did, my personality changed profoundly for the better. Although I like playing roles, pretending to be male all the time was driving me crazy. I was unhappy much of the time. Every little thing made me angry and upset. I still have times when I slip back into the "old me," but all I have to do is put on a dress, and everything is fine.

When I spend a lot of time in male mode, it's like I forget what's important and start worrying about trivial, unimportant things. As soon as I see the "woman in the mirror," I forget all the nonsense and remember what's important.

AmyGaleRT
11-03-2013, 06:30 PM
I have gone from being a shrinking violet afraid to set foot out of the front door, to a woman of the world, seeking to serve my sisters and continue my own feminine growth. The "me" when I first joined the forum would simply not have believed the "me" of today!

- Amy

Rick5881
11-03-2013, 07:04 PM
Coming out to my wife, the only person I have ever told about my cross dressing has been great. It was rocky at first but since she is starting to accept it I feel like maybe one day I can really be me.

Beverley Sims
11-03-2013, 07:53 PM
Ayame,
You are growing up.
You have a lot to experience, like you, I grew up and changed my ideas and aspirations.

LelaK
11-03-2013, 08:54 PM
I just joined here a year ago. I always liked crossdressing in private, but never did it a lot, as I had other interests that I was focused on. I never identified as a crossdresser, but I also didn't identify as masculine, although I always acted rather "normal". I was surprised how quickly I felt like I fit in here last year, even though I had never discussed crossdressing with anyone before.

In Sept, I moved away from my home town to another state and told my new landlord that I crossdress a little. So this is the first time I've been dressed in front of anyone and I enjoy not having to hide it. I wouldn't want the neighbors to see me, but I'm thinking of going dressed to church.

Something I haven't figured out is how I'm going to find a girlfriend, if I'm dressed like a girl. I don't know what I'm doing. I just find myself doing some unusual things without much premeditation these days.

Oh, and by the way, I'm finding crossdressers more attractive all the time, though I'm not sexually attracted.

bridget thronton
11-04-2013, 02:58 AM
I am less angry and more even tempered.

thechic
11-04-2013, 04:21 AM
I've changed greatly, im now happy ,and free to be myself. Have finally escaped the prison suit that I had worn for so long.

linda allen
11-04-2013, 07:28 AM
Well, I introduced my wife to my "hobby" so I am no longer hiding it from her and I have a closet full of women's things. I've also admitted to myself that I am a crossdresser not just someone who wears female clothing now and then.

It's easier this way and more fun.

Lynn Marie
11-04-2013, 07:49 AM
I thoroughly enjoy maturing and improving my craft. The alternative is immaturity and stagnation. Not a pretty sight at all! The interaction with others of a similar ilk is incredibly conducive to growth and great fun to boot. I love it.