PDA

View Full Version : Courage

Rick5881
11-03-2013, 06:10 PM
I hope to one day find the courage to go out dressed. I have a lot to learn now that I've decided to let me be me. I don't want to go out till I learn how to do my makeup correctly and get the cloths that give me the best chance of passing as a woman, but I can hardly wait to feel the thrill.

Violet-13
11-03-2013, 06:13 PM
might I suggest a Halloween or costume Party, that way every one thinks it's a costume

ShriekCassandra
11-03-2013, 06:21 PM
Where's the Wizard of Oz when you need him?

S. Lisa Smith
11-03-2013, 06:21 PM
It's fun to go out dressed. Terrifying, but fun. After a short time the terror goes away. Get your skills together and go for it!!

AmyGaleRT
11-03-2013, 06:25 PM
Rick, sometimes all it takes is to feel like you got it "mostly" right. The first time I walked out the front door was after I had created an outfit and done my makeup well enough to take some pictures that I shared here. I liked how well they looked, and I spotted a bag of trash that needed to be taken out to the Dumpster. So I just walked out and did it! And nothing bad happened! I can still remember the sound of my boot heels against the asphalt, the cool breeze blowing through my tights and under my dress, and the full moon overhead lighting my way.

There would be other outings before I finally lost all my fear of being out in public as Amy, but that was the first. I still take the trash out as Amy on occasion (and not always completely made-up either!), partly because it reminds me of that very first time.

- Amy

Eryn
11-03-2013, 06:31 PM
Rick, it's a learning process. It's not just the clothes and makeup, it's the dozens of little nuances that help us pass/blend/etc. If you're serious about this you will find yourself becoming a student of feminine behavior, watching and learning from their examples. That's actually fun if your goal is a good presentation.

The first few times are rather scary, but as time goes on you will become more comfortable. The outings I enjoy most are those where I can just do normal things, only presenting myself the way I choose.

Candice Mae
11-03-2013, 06:47 PM
Remember their more scared of you, then you are of them... Or is that for bears?

Seriously, just dress right for the location and be confident. Wearing something that will draw attention to you and running around with a scared and worried look on your face will not end well.

Michaelasfun
11-03-2013, 07:23 PM
Do lots of web research on makeup techniques and practice practice practice. Then post some pix
on here and get some feedback, a very safe and informative method to get to your goal. And as said previously, aim to dress apropo for the situation and you'll be better off than looking over the top girly just to get groceries lol

Beverley Sims
11-03-2013, 07:49 PM
Rick,
Believe me, it will happen.
It may be so quick you wont realise it.

Karren H
11-03-2013, 07:58 PM
Passing is so over rated.... better to standout as a well dressed Crossdresser than blend in with the average female.... imho....

Jessica giovanna
11-03-2013, 08:04 PM
Yes...it will happen. And just take it easy and trust yourself when it happens and be safe. Plus like others have said about studying gg's and YouTube makeup videos are the best!

Deedee Skyblue
11-03-2013, 08:05 PM
since when are you humble about anything? ;)

Deedee

Diane78
11-03-2013, 08:16 PM
The most important make up skills are; foundation, eyebrows, eyeliner, eye shadow and lipstick. Dress appropriate to your age group and fairly conservative. Low heels work well for me as I am 6'1". If you are overweight, work on thinning down. ROSS and PENNEYS are good places to shop for sales and discounts. JUST DO IT!

Jenniferathome
11-03-2013, 09:13 PM
Rick, it takes remarkably little courage to go out. If you read the "going out" posts on the forum, you will find that there is very little drama. Mostly, people just don't care even though they notice a cross dresser. Be careful about setting your bar too high. "Passing" is impossible for the vast majority of cross dressers. My advice it to think more about calling as little attention to yourself as you can but going out is liberating. Enjoy that moment and know that most folk just want to go about their lives and won't give you a hard time.

Rachelakld
11-04-2013, 12:27 AM
Umm, dress respectfully, keep makeup to a minimum and if anyone looks at you, then look back and smile - they will either think your pretty, or pretty mad, and smile back.
:)

Marcelle
11-04-2013, 04:38 AM
Hi Rick,

Like others have said, it will happen when you are ready. I had no plan on ever leaving the house but as I got more comfortable with my appearance, movements and voice, I just knew Isha had to see the light. At first it was the standard drive around the countryside in the safety of my car, getting gas and then out in public. While I get stares (I blend but do not pass on close inspection), for the most part it is a non event as people either don't notice or just don't care.

You'll get there. Just remember when you do, play it safe and stick to open venues where there is safety.

Hugs

Isha

linda allen
11-04-2013, 07:24 AM
Well, work on your courage and your presentation and maybe some day you will open that door and step out. You can learn a lot on this website. Read all you can.

Michelle (Oz)
11-04-2013, 07:36 AM
Passing is so over rated.... better to standout as a well dressed Crossdresser than blend in with the average female.... imho....

If you read the "going out" posts on the forum, you will find that there is very little drama. Mostly, people just don't care even though they notice a cross dresser. Be careful about setting your bar too high. "Passing" is impossible for the vast majority of cross dressers.

Rick, you have made the most important decision, i.e. to work toward going out femme. And you've received some really good advice.

Don't set yourself up for failure. Unless you are biologically blessed you will never fully pass. Accept that fact. Let it empower you knowing that most will not care about you - and a good confident smile will deal with the rest.

It is great fun working on 'femmeness' - so while I don't expect to pass, I still like to work on technique.

Lynn Marie
11-04-2013, 08:24 AM

Yeah, what Karen said. Find a CD girlfriend or a group to get involved with. Learning the craft with and from friends is so much easier and fun than going it alone. We are, after all, social animals.

kimdl93
11-04-2013, 08:04 PM
What Lynn, and others said.

HelenR2
11-06-2013, 01:39 PM
I don't pass but I dress my age and try to blend. The first time I went out fully dressed it was dark and I only walked around a few blocks near to my home. The thing that most struck me was how unafraid and comfortable I felt the moment that front door closed behind me and I was out on the street. Pretty much all the fears I had felt before stepping out just disappeared and within ten minutes I was gently but thoroughly hooked. I didn't feel thrilled or greatly excited in any way, it felt relaxed, easy, and really quite natural. Get out there and try it.

Helen_Highwater
11-06-2013, 03:38 PM
When I saw the title of your post it struck a cord with me. I've just had the opportunity to spend some rare extended time as Helen. Knowing this was coming I decided to do the same as rock bands and comedians and give the "event" and name so I called it the "Be Brave Tour". I spent up to 12 hours a day away from where I was staying, typically mid day to midnight. Perhaps I should have called it the Cinderella tour? When you make sure you dress "normally, age suitable you soon realise you can go out and about without attracting too much attention. I got close enough for people to get a good look at my face. Did I pass? No I got made but no-one said anything rude or insulting and I never felt threatened.
Nighttime gives better cover and I was able to do things such as visit a cash point without anyone seeming to take notice at all as well as some high street window shopping.
My advice would be to start with a drive as others have said. Take a "bailout kit" of drab clothes in case you encounter something like a burst tyre (No-one wants to do a tyre change enfem on their first time out). Take some recycling to a supermarket but park just that little bit further away in the car park and make several trips to and from the car. Post a letter. Little things to get you more confident and relaxed. Learn to love your handbag!