PDA

View Full Version : Toll Road Rest Stops

Michelle Crossfire
11-04-2013, 02:19 AM
Hello all. Recently went out for another mini GNO. Did not stay long, not much going on. Anyway, on the way home, i stopped at a toll road rest stop and after some reflection, got out of the car and walked across the parking lot and into the rest stop building. Keep in mind, this was around 230a, so not too many people around. I think i saw one. These rest stops are pretty nice, with about 3-4 eateries inside, a souvenir shop, vending machines and restrooms. Most of which is closed at night except for maybe one of the eateries. Anyway, went to the restroom (ladies) and brushed my hair and checked my makeup. I then left and got back in the car and resumed my journey home. I stopped at the next rest stop, about 30 miles up the road, and this time, walked in, this is around 315a by this time, and got a drink of water at the fountain, which was all the way in the back of the building, then returned to the car and resumed the journey home. I did this while fully en femme and enjoyed the sounds of my heels on the floor and parking lot pavement. It was a bit chilly, but i also enjoyed the breeze on my skirt. Sorry, no photos. Still, a good experience nonetheless.

bridget thronton
11-04-2013, 02:50 AM
Glad it went well

Amanda_P
11-04-2013, 03:11 AM
Sounds like a great outing

Tracii G
11-04-2013, 03:14 AM
Baby steps Crossfire.

Marcelle
11-04-2013, 04:33 AM
Good for you. Glad it went well and more importantly you enjoyed your time en femme.

Hugs

Isha

jennloves55
11-04-2013, 05:55 AM
It sounds so exciting.

natalie edwards
11-04-2013, 05:56 AM
Be careful in deserted places, especially at night.

linda allen
11-04-2013, 07:08 AM
I'm glad you had a good time, but remember two things:

1) Deserted places at night are not safe, especially for a single female. Yes, you're really a guy, but do you want to have to defend yourself? Even as a guy, the attacker may be stronger than you or have a weapon.

2) Considering #1 above and the fact that highway rest stops are often meeting places for sex acts, both homo and heterosexual, they are frequently watched by law enforcement. You could be suspected of being a hooker and stopped and questioned.

It's better to stop in broad daylight than late at night.

Karren H
11-04-2013, 07:15 AM
Wooo! Besides being necessary..... Rest areas are a lot of fun.... especially the ones with unisex restrooms where you can do quick gender changes.... lol

Cynthia Anne
11-04-2013, 07:19 AM
That's a good place to start! I can still remember my first rest stop ladies room that I went to! That was about forty years ago!

Lynn Marie
11-04-2013, 07:31 AM
Rest stops, a necessary evil sometimes but surely nothing to write home about!

Beverley Sims
11-04-2013, 08:11 AM
he big thing early in the morning there are not many about and you can be alone.
This is hazardous.

Roberta Marie
11-04-2013, 01:36 PM
I'm assuming that this was on the Ohio Turnpike. These rest areas are not like on most interstates. Not only are they clean and well maintaned, but even in the wee hours there are usually at least a few people around besides other travelers. As you stated, there is usually one or two eateries open, usually one of the fast food places and Startbucks, there are usually a couple custodians around, and they are frequently patrolled by the OSP. They are generally safe, and pass the "Would my wife be safe going there by herself" test.

Also, the rest areas on the Ohio Turnpike all have a gender neutral restroom if you don't feel safe or comfortable using the ladies restroom. I'v stopped several times at OTP rest areas while en femme, and never felt unsafe or uncomfortable.

Congrats on the step out, Crossfire, from another Ohioan.

Devin C
11-04-2013, 02:13 PM
Congratulations. Its always wonderful to get out will dressed.

linda allen
11-04-2013, 05:40 PM
I've never seen a gender neutral restroom at a highway rest stop.

Eryn
11-04-2013, 06:16 PM
Congratulations on your successful outing. I know how tough it is to develop confidence to get out there.

Whenever I hear about someone going out alone late at night I get very worried. A young GG on a non-CD forum I frequent lost her life late at night at a highway rest area. Her murderer was caught several years late by DNA evidence but that cannot bring the lady back.

It is far safer to go somewhere public in the light of day than it is to lurk about at night. I much prefer walking through the middle of a crowded mall to putting gas in my car late at night. I'm normally fairly bold, but Mimi and I actually left a station without filling up because I had a bad feeling about it. While darkness might seem to assure privacy it actually opens you up to a complete loss of privacy if the wrong sort of person is about.

Maria 60
11-04-2013, 08:57 PM
Are you sure of instead of feeling the breeze on your skirt, you didn't mean the breeze up your skirt.LOL. Sounds like you enjoyed yourself and that's all that matters. Just always be careful late at night, alway practice safety.

BLUE ORCHID
11-04-2013, 09:03 PM
Wooo! Besides being necessary..... Rest areas are a lot of fun.... especially the ones with unisex restrooms where you can do quick gender changes.... lol

Hi Karen, Kind of like Clark Kent in a phone both

Leah Lynn
11-04-2013, 09:11 PM
Oh, yes, those new plazas on the tollway are fantastic, compared to the old ones! One area that Ohio is far ahead of most states. They have cameras and usually security in those places and the parking lots. And finally some decent parking for us truckers.

Hugs,

Leah

Stephanie Lynne
11-04-2013, 10:24 PM
Congratulations! I know the exhilaration you were feeling. Enjoy!

Amy R Lynn
11-04-2013, 10:26 PM
Its the little steps like this that can grow into bigger steps later on. I agree with Roberta that the OTP rest areas are clean and pretty safe. I have never had to use the rest area while dressed, but I don't think I would have any problem. Do be safe about where you venture out to.

Congrats on the night out!

Kelly DeWinter
11-04-2013, 10:29 PM
Yeah be careful, I have a relative who is a trucker and for Halloween he told me the story of the Interstate Truck Stop Cereal Killer ...... a lot of raisin bran has gone missing over the years.

Michelle Crossfire
11-06-2013, 01:00 AM
Your assessment is correct. They are well lit, clean and i have seen maintenance employees inside quite often, even at 3am. Being that it is on a turnpike, and not a regular freeway, the traffic at that time of night tends to be less, so it makes it a bit easier if one needs to get out and use the restroom or walkabout.

I'm assuming that this was on the Ohio Turnpike. These rest areas are not like on most interstates. Not only are they clean and well maintaned, but even in the wee hours there are usually at least a few people around besides other travelers. As you stated, there is usually one or two eateries open, usually one of the fast food places and Startbucks, there are usually a couple custodians around, and they are frequently patrolled by the OSP. They are generally safe, and pass the "Would my wife be safe going there by herself" test.

Also, the rest areas on the Ohio Turnpike all have a gender neutral restroom if you don't feel safe or comfortable using the ladies restroom. I'v stopped several times at OTP rest areas while en femme, and never felt unsafe or uncomfortable.

Congrats on the step out, Crossfire, from another Ohioan.

Michelle Crossfire
11-06-2013, 01:01 AM
Sometimes they are called family restrooms.

I've never seen a gender neutral restroom at a highway rest stop.

linda allen
11-06-2013, 07:28 AM
"Security cameras" do not prevent crime, they just make it easier to solve. They provide a false sense of security.

I have seen family restrooms in some malls and some stores.

kimf
11-06-2013, 10:33 AM
Sounds fun and scary at the same time.