PDA

View Full Version : I told my mom last night!

Bree Wagner
11-04-2013, 10:44 PM
I told my mom about my crossdressing last night and it went incredibly well. She was glad I confided in her and let her know. Additionally, she was incredibly supportive, wanted to see pictures, and was happy that "I'd found my bliss" :D

I thought she knew more than she did based on plenty of obvious (to me) hints and the fact that I was caught as a kid. Topics dancing around crossdressing had also come up way to many times in casual conversation over the years for me to think it was coincidence, but she said she had no idea. She also said maybe she just wasn't as observant as I thought she might be.

I almost failed to get the courage to bring it up. She was in town for a few days returning our daughter to us after she had stayed with Nana during her week off from school. I took her to dinner alone while my wife watched the kids and about the time the check came I got the guts to tell her. Even though we had told the waitress "No dessert" we were talking so long we reconsidered a bit later and discussed quite a bit over some cheesecake. Between that, the ride home, and a quick stop at the grocery store and the drugstore, she had tons of questions and wanted to learn more. I think I answered them all pretty easily and ended up sending her home with a book on the topic so she could do a bit of reading.

It was a great night. It's nice to have someone else in the know and someone my wife can talk to. Mom also told me she's glad to have someone else to give away all her jewelry to since my sister doesn't wear anything.

Maybe the coolest thing of all was what she said to me after looking at a few of my pictures. On the picture below she said "Is that you?" I don't know if she could have paid me a bigger compliment. :)

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3668/10148987226_0e946bc8b5.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/breewagner/10148987226/)

To this one she said "You've got the best legs in the family!" I think the smile says it's pretty obvious I'd found some of my bliss as she suggested.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7359/9333849089_25e3cc96c0.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/breewagner/9333849089/)

Now when she sees those shoes in my closet she won't have any more awkward questions for my balance challenged wife! :heehee:

When we got home she got to talk to my wife a bit about it. She flew back home this morning but will be back in a few weeks. Who know's what will happen, but I have a sneaking suspicion she might some bearing gifts and istead of the typical purse for my wife and sweatshirt for me, I might get a purse too. :heehee:

What a night!

Amy Lynn3
11-04-2013, 10:48 PM
Bree, the picture of you in the LBD is to die for. Your Mom was right...you do have great legs.

AmyGaleRT
11-04-2013, 10:49 PM
Bree, this is terrific news! It feels good to have that kind of acceptance from a member of your family. I think my own mother might still be a little confused by it, but she seems to accept it, much as she accepted my brother being gay...she did appreciate me using the names she would have given a daughter, though.

The possibility of getting some extra jewelry is just an added bonus! :)

And, girl, you do have some fine-looking legs!

- Amy

Beverley Sims
11-04-2013, 10:59 PM
I thought you were out a lot more than you are.
Your confidence and demeanor pointed to that.
I am glad that it went well and progress can be a little smoother now.

Fran Moore
11-04-2013, 11:13 PM
Congratulations Bree, all's well that ends well!

AllieSF
11-04-2013, 11:17 PM
Congratulations Bree, not everyone can do what you did. Sometimes life does get better and a bit easier.

Michelle789
11-04-2013, 11:26 PM
Bree, congrats on telling your mom, that's really huge and I'm glad she's accepting.

Btw nice boots!!! Where did you get them from?

Bree Wagner
11-05-2013, 12:21 AM
Btw nice boots!!! Where did you get them from?

The were an amazing end-of-season find at Kohl's last spring. If you'll believe it, I got them for less than $10!

MissTee
11-05-2013, 12:59 AM
Wow Bree. I would be so on cloud 9 with the reception your mom gave you. I bet your relationship with her now grows several new dimensions higher.

Aki
11-05-2013, 04:15 AM
Wow That was a lovely story. i'm happy for you!

I still can't see me opening up to my father. but that might have to do with the fact, that he was against me being interest in feminine things as a kid.
It's so hard, can i tell my mom? or even should i ?

I already came clean with my roommate.
and a few of my friends and most of them are very open minded about it.. i never knew i would be so easy. :)

But i'm so happy to hear that it all went well.
and thanks for sharing.

Hope to hear from you more in the future..

Marcelle
11-05-2013, 04:43 AM
Hi Bree,

What a great story and even better happy ending.

Hugs

Isha

Cynthia Anne
11-05-2013, 04:52 AM
Thank you, Bree for sharing a great story with a happy ending! Your mother sure has a beautiful daughter!

kimdl93
11-05-2013, 06:18 AM
That's great, Bree!

stephNE
11-05-2013, 06:53 AM
How nice! Bree, I am so happy for you. Best wishes for when you see her again, maybe you've found a new happiness.

PretzelGirl
11-05-2013, 06:58 AM
My favorite kind of story! Congrats Bree! We can never doubt our parents. I always love the positive reactions and comments and yours are super. I can't say I blame. I mean just look at you.

BLUE ORCHID
11-05-2013, 07:48 AM
Hi Bree, I love a story with a happy ending , Mom's are awesome aren't they.

Amy R Lynn
11-05-2013, 07:56 AM
That is a great story! It is good to have more people supporting you. And why shouldn't they? Your Mom is AWESOME. And you are very brave for telling her.

anonymousinmaryland
11-05-2013, 09:06 AM
Love your story, and yes, nice legs, Ms.

Ms. Laura
11-05-2013, 09:32 AM
I'm really happy for you Bree. That sounds like it went as well as anyone could ask for!

In a way, I'd like to "share" with my mother, but I think she'd black mail me for money given this kind of ammo. :) No, really.

And OMG, under $10??? Gotta stop by Kohl's more.

Jackie7
11-05-2013, 10:05 AM
What a lovely story and a terrific Mom! I wish I had come out to my mother, instead I waited until after she had passed on before I felt free. That was 13 years ago. thinking back with the perspective I have now, I like to imagine her reaction wuod have been something like your mom's. Anyway lucky you and good for you both.

Toni Citara
11-05-2013, 10:22 AM
I'm glad your mother is so awesome. I doubt it would go over with my mother, considering she is a Born Again Pentecostal. Lots of brainwashing.

Megan72
11-05-2013, 10:29 AM
Bree, thanks for sharing. Your mother is a real doll and I am so glad for you that you got the opportunity to tell her!

DonnaT
11-05-2013, 11:37 AM
That great Bree.

My mom had similar reactions, and it didn't take her long to start giving me some of her jewelry since she can no longer wear earrings for pierced ears.

vallerie lacy
11-05-2013, 02:33 PM
What is there to say that hasn't been said. Some girls have the best moms ever. Good for you. And you do look great

nooneknows
11-05-2013, 03:15 PM
That is fantatic! I've also been debating to tell my mom or not and your story really touched me! Congrats and bes of luck in the future!

Bree Wagner
11-05-2013, 06:36 PM
First off, you are all way too kind. It's so nice to come back here, see the comments, and smile all over again!

I still can't see me opening up to my father...

Hope to hear from you more in the future..

Aki, I thought about the same thing. Talked about it with my mom too. I just don't see a reason to at this point. I don't think he'd have a negative or positive reaction to me, heck, he might not really have a reaction at all. That's just him. At the moment it just doesn't pass the why test. If it happens, it happens. If there's reason to do so I'm sure I could.

As far as hearing from me again... just try to keep me away! :)

I'm really happy for you Bree. That sounds like it went as well as anyone could ask for!

In a way, I'd like to "share" with my mother, but I think she'd black mail me for money given this kind of ammo. :) No, really.

And OMG, under $10??? Gotta stop by Kohl's more.

Yes, yes it did!

Ouch, really? I'm sorry to hear that. Odd that the subject would come up since for me, telling her is almost an anti-blackmail policy. Can't be blackmailed if the ones you love are already in the know!

Yeah, definitely stop by the clearance racks at Kohl's, you can hit some amazing deals.

Bree, thanks for sharing. Your mother is a real doll and I am so glad for you that you got the opportunity to tell her!

Thanks Megan. I'll admit that your story about your dad certainly was in my mind as I pondered doing this.

My mom had similar reactions, and it didn't take her long to start giving me some of her jewelry since she can no longer wear earrings for pierced ears.

Sadly, I can't pierce my ears. I'll just have to settle for everything else. :devil:

I've also been debating to tell my mom or not and your story really touched me! Congrats and bes of luck in the future!

Thanks! I wish you the best if you decide to do so!

-Bree

Bria
11-05-2013, 07:01 PM
Bree, what a wonderful story and a wonderful Mom!! Thanks for sharing, Bria

JamieG
11-05-2013, 10:24 PM
Wow, Bree! I'm in awe of you. I don't think I could do that. That closest I've gotten was posting a Facebook pic of me in drag for a charity drag show. When my mom asked me about, I was uncomfortable talking to her. I haven't even told my parents that I take ballet, and I had the perfect opportunity a few weeks ago. She mentionied how when people saw a picture of me in the pool this summer they would say that I look really good and ask if I was working out. I wanted to say, "Yeah, I'm taking ballet and it's a great workout," but I couldn't! It's not like my parents would disown me, but I'm worried that it would disappoint them. They are ultra-religious, but they are fairly traditional.

ArleneRaquel
11-05-2013, 10:25 PM
A great story. Best Wishes & Love !

rocketscientist
11-06-2013, 07:20 AM
Congratulations GF! Maybe a mother/daughter outing in the future? I wish I could have told my mom before she passed away in 2005. I'm sure she would have been supportive. I was not even out to myself at that time tho. My dad, who I lost in 2002, was totally old school and I dont think would have been understanding. But I am out to much of my remaining family and that's enough for now. Big hugs to you Bree! Your friend from the mitten, Tonya

Jessica Keys
11-06-2013, 12:29 PM
Wow, so happy for you Bree,
A heads up girl.....When I told my mom years ago she was also surprised and was supportive ....that day!
When she came back to visit me a couple months later mom wasn't so sure this was a good idea that her son was doing.
Seems mom had talked to a few lady friends and saw their reaction and now was against it.
My mom and I were still close to the end but......
Just be prepared for a little "kick back" when mom reappears.
Hoping not and all the best to you both.

Bree Wagner
11-07-2013, 12:46 AM
A heads up girl.....When I told my mom years ago she was also surprised and was supportive ....that day!
When she came back to visit me a couple months later mom wasn't so sure this was a good idea that her son was doing.
Seems mom had talked to a few lady friends and saw their reaction and now was against it.

Yeah, you never know how things will go in the future. I often ride the roller coaster of acceptance with my wife, so we'll see how it goes with mom.

Maybe a mother/daughter outing in the future?

I certainly wouldn't bet against it. The biggest challenge is just getting the chance, I rarely visit home without the family and when she visits us it's all about the grand-kids. We'll see...

Tiki
11-07-2013, 11:46 AM
terrified with this idea...