PDA

View Full Version : Natural hair vs. wigs

JEANNE63
12-31-2005, 01:08 PM
your thoughts please. i go to my stylist dressed,which is nice but my choices are limited because i still have to do the guy thing for work. wigs offer more variety but don't you need to keep your hair short?

Holly
12-31-2005, 01:21 PM
No, not at all. If you want to let your own hair grow out a bit, that's fine. Should you still want to wear a wig with your longer natural hair, simply put a wig cap over your natural hair before donning your wig. Have fun!

DanaJ
12-31-2005, 01:59 PM
If you can afford it, human hair wigs arethe way to go in my opinion. They can be cut, colored, curled, styled just like real hair (because they are). And if your own hair is long enough to be styled, and your hairdresser is any good, she should be able to create a style that works both ways (male and female) for you...

See this link here (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20210) to see how my human hair wig was cut, curled, styled and updoed (if that is a word LOL)......

MsJanessa
12-31-2005, 02:24 PM
for Me---human hair wigs the only way to go

ps---you can get reasonably priced ones at hisandherhair.com

Rikki Elisabeth
12-31-2005, 02:46 PM
If you can afford it, human hair wigs arethe way to go in my opinion. They can be cut, colored, curled, styled just like real hair (because they are). And if your own hair is long enough to be styled, and your hairdresser is any good, she should be able to create a style that works both ways (male and female) for you...

See this link here (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20210) to see how my human hair wig was cut, curled, styled and updoed (if that is a word LOL)......

I certainly support the idea of a human hair wig. Sythetics will not stand up for certain stlying...for example, those require heat or curling irons. Human hair will!

Adrianne
01-01-2006, 07:36 AM
I wish i could have real long hair but since my hair is falling out i got no choice but wear a wig.

Wendy me
01-01-2006, 07:50 AM
i have a wig lol found it last week ... but i have grown out my own hair and i love it ...when my hair was growing out i did wear the wig but for me it just was too warm for me......

Shelly2069
01-01-2006, 09:49 AM
[QUOTE=DanaJ]If you can afford it, human hair wigs arethe way to go in my opinion. They can be cut, colored, curled, styled just like real hair (because they are).

I've had a human hair wig for about two months. As far as looks, feel and movement there is nothing that compares, aside from your own natural hair. Even though a human hair wigs is totally time consuming to style, I'm enjoying the experience. Recently, I spent at least two hours curling my wig. I've had it trimmed by a stylist and I decided to lighten it. If you enjoy the challenge of hair it's a blast.

PennieS
02-17-2006, 08:49 PM
i have had long hair most of the past 30 years. i am currently letting it grow out again and today I used the curling iron on it while my wife was out, got a real nice effect, wish I had a picture to show ya all. It is now just below my shoulders but pretty well layered up. Had it all combed out pretty well before wife got back, She commented on how it looked good today, said it has been looking kinda raggy lately but liked the nice fullness and body it had today. Felt nice for her to comment on it, most of time lately I just have it pulled back into a small ponytail and combed back on sides and top. Can't wait till it gets longer so I can go back to my stylist and have to something with it. It was 3/4 way down my back last time I had it cut, except for a few trims. I just love long hair and curly hair.;)

Stacy Reso
02-17-2006, 08:54 PM
i have long blonde hair and when male dressed form behind i get mistaken for a gg and sometimes my friends make jokes about me being a girl

Amanduhrob
02-17-2006, 11:36 PM
I wear wigs only because I like the variety of colors, I have the option of growing my own hair out, but hate my mousy brown color, and would have to answer too many uncomfortable questions from Holly's parents and grandparents if I colored my own hair.

This (http://stores.ebay.com/Jennys-HairSense_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm ) is where I buy my wigs, and she has very reasonable prices on human hair wigs.