PDA

View Full Version : Testing the waters

Tracii G
11-06-2013, 03:34 AM
Well today I met up with some work friends I haven't seen in since I have been on medical leave.
I was a truck driver so these guys are too.Kinda sets the stage for you.
My hair has grown out a lot so I knew that would be mentioned.
Had on small hoop earrings,hot rolled some waves in my hair too.
Girls leather jacket,girls American Eagle jeans and girls short flat sole boots.
We hooked up and shot the bull for 30 mins or so and no mention of anything but good times we had in the past and whats going on at work now.
All was fine.
On to stop number two my friends guitar shop where I used to work part time.
Got razzed on my girl boots and jacket but I let it slide off my back and acted like I paid no attention to the comments.
Then one guy started in about my earrings and I said well bro' your ears are pierced so its ok for you not me?. He then said something about my hair and his hair is longer than mine.I told him to kiss my arse and he backed off.
I think it was basically just teasing me more than being mean in any way.

The one guy I thought would call me everything but a milk cow turned out to be the one who said hey good to see you bro' why haven't you been by lately.
Just goes to show you never know whats going to happen.
I felt it was time to progress and bring myself out to people I know.
It was good and bad but we left on good terms all the way around.

Kalista Jameson
11-06-2013, 03:52 AM
Hi Tracii,

Great story. Glad to hear your old friends/associates appreciate you for you.

Cheers,

Kalista

Cynthia Anne
11-06-2013, 05:52 AM
A TRUE friend is hard to beat! Sounds like you may have a few of them!
Great story!

kimdl93
11-06-2013, 05:53 AM
I agree, people will surprise you.

Beverley Sims
11-06-2013, 06:10 AM
You can never judge a book by it's cover and friends are the same, the least suspecting ones offer support.

Erica Marie
11-06-2013, 07:10 AM
Im proud of you Tracii. You went out and you were yourself. A little bit af razzing but when you showed you wouldnt put up with it, it stopped. Maybe we all just need a backbone, I know I do.

Debra Russell
11-06-2013, 01:41 PM
yea Traci making inroads that we all can benefit from and keeping it real...............Debra

franlee
11-06-2013, 03:59 PM
I am happy you are getting to enjoy yourself. It just go to prove people are never predictable from a normal (for less of a better term) set of circumstances to a unfamiliar set. Makes you wonder if we ever really know someone.

Abbey11
11-06-2013, 04:12 PM
Sounds great, good for you. Keep us posted on how things go. Would love to get my ears pierced and wear the big hoops!
Hugs
Abbey

Bria
11-06-2013, 04:17 PM
You stood up for yourself and the teasing stopped! A lot of how we are treated has to do with how we see ourselves.
If you are proud of who you are and don't let others run over you they will respect you and leave you alone. Glad you
reacted the way you did Traci, continue being who you are! Hugs Bria

Tracii G
11-06-2013, 09:17 PM
Hadn't really planned on going to the guitar shop but I needed a part and I was close by and thought oh heck why not.
I expected some teasing so it wasn't a shock.
Just felt it was time to push the envelope a little.I'm sure they didn't mean any harm, we do tease each other a lot that way. I didn't read too much into it.
I plan on acting like nothing was out of the ordinary.

Amy R Lynn
11-06-2013, 10:33 PM
It sounds like your trip really was good. Certainly was good for the self esteem! Way to go Tracii! I have found that a lot of those fears are far worse in our own heads.