PDA

View Full Version : So many new girls here!

Leslie Langford
11-06-2013, 10:24 AM
I've been a member of this forum since 2008, and I don't know if it's just my imagination, but it seems to me that there has been a major increase lately in the number of new girls who are joining us and posting here.

Some of the "regulars" from the past few years seem to be posting only sporadically now, and others appear to have left the forum for good - particularly those who realized that after much soul-searching, they are actually transsexual as opposed to "only" being crossdressers, and have decided to transition and move on. Old friends, and they are sorely missed...

Perhaps some of these former regulars have also run out of new things to say, perhaps they are finally at peace with themselves and no longer need the support mechanism that this forum provides, and maybe their "normal" lives have just gotten in the way. To those I say "Don't be a stranger, and do drop in once in awhile, even if it is just to say "Hello!" occasionally..."

As for the new girls, I more than welcome your presence here and enjoy both hearing your stories and being able to join the other forum veterans in providing the type of support that you came here for, and which is helping you make sense of this whole crossdressing thing.

Most gratifying of all, I see more and more GG's joining our community lately due to a sincere attempt on their part to not only understand this male crossdressing phenomenon better, but also to find ways of being supportive of their husbands and SO's. It is very evident that this is due to a deep love for them as well as a genuine desire to see them be happy and at peace with themselves, even if it means some serious re-setting of their own attitudes towards this activity and what - in their eyes - it means to be a "real" man. Ladies, you rock!

All of this can only bode well for our community as a whole, especially as we find the world becoming an increasingly accepting place through the power of education.

Lynn Marie
11-06-2013, 10:38 AM
I've noticed exactly the same thing. Miss many of my old friends made on the forum, and watching so many of the new girls jumping in with little to no lurking at all! It's a different dynamic these days.

suzy1
11-06-2013, 10:46 AM
Suzy and Lynn are still here.:)
But I know what you mean Leslie. Two good friends have not posted for about a year now.
I personally feel that I can still make a contribution to the forum by welcoming some of the new ones. I will never forget how the welcomes affected me when I joined.

Kanwal
11-06-2013, 10:53 AM
@suzy1

I am experiencing the warm welcomes as a new members of this family. Thank you all for this love.

Megan70
11-06-2013, 10:54 AM
As for the new girls, I more than welcome your presence here and enjoy both hearing your stories and being able to join the other forum veterans in providing the type of support that you came here for, and which is helping you make sense of this whole crossdressing thing.
All of this can only bode well for our community as a whole, especially as we find the world becoming an increasingly accepting place through the power of education.

Well Said Leslie, my Canadian friend across the lake ( from Rochester)
The most gratifying thing that has changed 100% and for the better, is the courtesy and civility that us members new and old are now writing. No more nasty retorts, cutting personal remarks and dogmatic opinions as gospel. There were some real street fights back and forth postings in the 4 to 5 years ago and Tamara or other Mods on many occasions had to step in and put their foot down and edit or eliminate posting and give those people warnings.Some being banned and deserving it. This is an open for for all to share opinions and thoughts and no one is wrong, just don't condemn the other girls for theirs.
Thank goodness for the changes. You new girls have come at a very good time in the life of this website.
Megan

AngieStone
11-06-2013, 10:59 AM
I agree with Suzy I felt so welcome when I first posted and I still love coming here. If is to just read about a wonderful day that someone had it makes me feel even better. I guess you could say sometimes it is like therapy for me. It is nice to see more ladies joining.

Marika01
11-06-2013, 11:07 AM
As for the new girls, I more than welcome your presence here and enjoy both hearing your stories...

Thankyou. Not sure I have any stories as such - but my mentor is threatening to take me out make-up shopping... Should be entertaining.

She can be a bit of a bully (in the best possible sense) but I see her point. If this is me, then the sooner I get on with it, the better for all involved. She has even set me a target date to talk to my wife.

UNDERDRESSER
11-06-2013, 11:43 AM
I've been a member of this forum since 2008, and I don't know if it's just my imagination, but it seems to me that there has been a major increase lately in the number of new girls who are joining us and posting here.

Some of the "regulars" from the past few years seem to be posting only sporadically now, and others appear to have left the forum for good - particularly those who realized that after much soul-searching, they are actually transsexual as opposed to "only" being crossdressers, and have decided to transition and move on. Old friends, and they are sorely missed...

Perhaps some of these former regulars have also run out of new things to say, perhaps they are finally at peace with themselves and no longer need the support mechanism that this forum provides, and maybe their "normal" lives have just gotten in the way. To those I say "Don't be a stranger, and do drop in once in awhile, even if it is just to say "Hello!" occasionally..."
I've actually gone the other way, and now don't think of myself as "even" a crossdresser, though I accept that some may still call me that. I don't feel any need to any need to try and look like a female, I just want the option to wear some clothes that are sold or identified as female. Along with that, I am trying to become more comfortable with displays and behaviours that others call female as well. All this, while still wanting very much to identify as male. It's made me consider leaving too, but I won't, because, as you say, this place is getting to be an even better place to learn about the whole span of what people are, and can be.

Beverley Sims
11-06-2013, 11:50 AM
We will have a turnover as people air their views and then find they have nothing to add any more.
New girls come in with fresh ideas, although similar in nature but a different way of expressing the same thing.
What's old is new again. :)

simone1970
11-06-2013, 11:52 AM
I am also new here,thanks for making me welcome.
Luv Simone

Tracii G
11-06-2013, 12:23 PM
I have been here a while and I think the influx of new members is a great thing.

cyndi13
11-06-2013, 12:35 PM
I've been reading the threads for many years... signed up last year, but only posted for the first time today ... don't know why, but I think I have noticed an influx just after Halloween every year. Could be many CD's find their courage during this holiday

Candice Mae
11-06-2013, 12:35 PM
I've noticed this as well, there also seams to be a lot of young girls as well.

TightsLife
11-06-2013, 12:40 PM
I've been looking for a good forum to join just for simple chat regarding this and never thought to even look for "crossdressers.com" lol sometime we dig too deep just to find it on the surface...damn

Jaylyn
11-06-2013, 12:57 PM
I am glad I found this site as I often thought I had every thing figured out at the ripe old age of 64. I had been CD ing since in diapers and didn't know why. Although I find many others here that have had the same experiences, I believe we are all unique individuals and I read and think about the remarks almost on a daily basis. Welcome to all the new gals and hope they find the inspiration and many answers also. May each seeking here find that inner peace of accepting themselves at the level they choose to attain.

michelle45
11-06-2013, 01:37 PM
Well I am one of the new-beees here on CD'er and my GF actually turned me onto this sight about 6 months ago! Have to admit that it has taken me a while to warm up to posting, but things changed significantly for me on 2013 Halloween! I communicated to my fiancé my plans of dressing before she left town on business and she said "go for it baby, enjoy you-self"!! Fast forward to later that evening and I start getting text messages wanting to see pictures! WOW, did not expect that, as she had never seen me dressed!! After a few big glasses of wine and a BIG cup of courage I sent her the first picture! She was blown away and wanted to see more! More pictures were sent!! Wow, was that a big step for both of us and OMG what an exciting evening! With a new BIG boost of self confidence, I am now up and runnin!!:)

Karren H
11-06-2013, 01:53 PM
Yeah... makes me feel friggin older than dirt! sigh....

Christie ann
11-06-2013, 02:10 PM

Karen, At least Pennsylvanian in age...what do you think?

I too enjoy the old stories from new blood. It makes me remember the joy I had when I found out that I was not alone in this.

Leslie Langford
11-06-2013, 02:20 PM
And a well-deserved feeling, Karren, especially considering the impressive number of posts that you have made here over the years - something that clearly makes you one of the pillars of this community (and forum). ;)

I was going to say "a fixture here", but that would have made me a qualifying member of your National Sarcasm Society, and as Groucho Marx used to say, he would never join a club that would have him as a member...:eek: :heehee: :tongueout

Seana Summer
11-06-2013, 03:21 PM
I've actually gone the other way, and now don't think of myself as "even" a crossdresser, though I accept that some may still call me that. I don't feel any need to any need to try and look like a female, I just want the option to wear some clothes that are sold or identified as female. Along with that, I am trying to become more comfortable with displays and behaviours that others call female as well. All this, while still wanting very much to identify as male. It's made me consider leaving too, but I won't, because, as you say, this place is getting to be an even better place to learn about the whole span of what people are, and can be.

I agree

Seana

AllieSF
11-06-2013, 03:44 PM

That is because you are Karren! Now, I am older than a rock, which you surely do know from your excellent education erodes over millions of years to produce that same dirt!

Now on to the OP.

Yes, it is heartening to always see the new blood that comes in a re-nourishes the overall body of the membership. I know that I love to post here, probably, mostly to hear myself talk by means of the written word and hopefully to actually do some good for some lost soul. My posting varies depending on the topics and their interest to me at the moment that I read them. Posts today may not seem as interesting to me now, as I have probably responded to way too many similar ones in the past. Therefore, sometimes I read a lot but post less, then then, lo and behold, some new and more interesting topics appear and I am hooked again into replying to many. It is always a good learning experience for me and in discussing, maybe debating using the written word, helps me fine tune my opinions and sometimes, heaven forbid, even change some long held hard belief. Now that is living and real life.

Abbey11
11-06-2013, 04:24 PM
Hi,
As a newbie, I'd just like to also say a BIG thanks for the welcoming and supporting attitude of the members of this forum, it is helping me a lot to make sense of who I am and that there are lots of us ladies out there and we have the same feelings and concerns but also enjoy similar pleasures, so glad I found this site!
Hugs
Abbey xx

patricia85
11-06-2013, 08:38 PM
I too am one of the new girls here and am so happy I have a place to go and talk with friendly, like minded people. Thanks ladies for being so welcoming!

kimdl93
11-06-2013, 09:01 PM
It's encouraging to see so many new participants and especially so many women getting involved to better understand and support their CDing partners.

Bing one of the members in her very, very late 40s, I'm beginning to look at rocks and dirt as recent phenonmena

Rachael Leigh
11-06-2013, 09:25 PM
I am one of the newbe and Ive enjoyed being here, I'm not one who goes out really but have been experimenting. My wife knows but doesn't accept exactly. I guess she just tolerates. I appreciate the compliments from the others here especially since I don't feel I look as good as some of the ladies here who are just amazing. I'm also a Christian and it's very hard with that aspect but I do feel welcome.

aguy1209
11-06-2013, 09:29 PM
I'm another new face. I've been reading here for quite some time, but finally decided to be a voice. Very happy to be a member of the community.

GretchenJ
11-06-2013, 10:14 PM
Another new bee as well. I have been reading for quite some time, but decided to join, because of two things. One, because of the caring people who offer their experiences and no one is spoken down too - just a very big family, that I had to join. The second was the moderators who do a great job of keeping it that way.

MindeeGurl
11-06-2013, 10:22 PM
My gg is very accepting / supportive and I'm so appreciative.

jentou
11-17-2013, 08:05 PM
I am been around awhile however never posted

PretzelGirl
11-17-2013, 09:06 PM
There is something going on as we get to "Page 2" a lot quicker it seems. But there always has been turnover so I suspect we are seeing more and more people coming to terms with themselves, at least as much as it takes for them to come and try and learn more. The continuing growth is what made me evaluate my time here. I enjoyed every minute and read every post I could. But it was taking longer and longer to do it and I had to back off. But fresh views are a good thing for any group or forum. So it is great to see the steady flow and I appreciate everyone of you.

Michelle504
11-17-2013, 10:01 PM
I started here a few weeks ago and did a Facebook page for Michelle last week. I was really nervous at first, for whatever reason; but it's been great - realizing there are so many others with the same interest. I should've done it years ago... It seems that as I get older, I care less and less about what people might think. And that can be a good thing! :)

Carroll
11-17-2013, 10:09 PM
I've seen many come and go....

jackielynn
11-18-2013, 04:08 AM
I joined recently and have found everyone on this forum is very friendly and accepting. For a long time I have wanted to talk about crossdressing but never could find anybody like minded till I stumbled upon this site.

Amanda M
11-18-2013, 04:41 AM
I'm recent too, and I have found a lot of help and friendship here. Thank you all.

Lee, you expresseed the feeling that being a crossdresser and a Christian are hard to reconcile. For what it's worth,when faced with that sort of dilemma my wife (who is a Christian person, but not religious) simply asks "What would Jesus say?" That often solves the problem.

BLUE ORCHID
11-18-2013, 08:32 AM
Hi Leslie, It's great to have so many pretty young girls joining this forum and that so many of us older ladies
can help with suggestions .
I sure wish we had something like this when I was younger It's amazing how helpful this forum is to
the Crossdressing community and bringing friends all over the world together with just a click of the mouse.

mykell
11-18-2013, 09:04 AM
found the forum by accident, and read a few of the threads, was only two days and i joined, read post after post that sounded like i had wrote them,
never felt so welcome and comfortable as i do here, a Hugh thanks to those that openly show their support.
try to go to the welcome thread often to welcome the newbies,
for me my first forum, posts, first photos ever, and shared, as a girl. only here briefly.
my panties are finally UN-bunched.

linda allen
11-18-2013, 09:17 AM
I think it's possible to outgrow forums such as this. I mean how many times do you want to answer "What color are your nails? or "What color are your panties?" And how many times do you want to see photos of people in 6" heels or impossibly short skirts that no woman with any self respect would even think of wearing?

I think it's a good place for people to realize that they are not alone in their crossdressing and to get ideas of how to go about it, places to go, makeup hints, etc. Before the Internet, many of us thought we were the only ones doing this and that something was wrong with us.

I have to question the advice given by some posters, especially regarding relationships. I have to hope that people asking for such advice can figure out for themselves what applies to their relationship and what they should ignore.

It's good to have new members, that's what keeps the forum going as old ones drift away (or pass away).

EllenJo
11-18-2013, 09:35 AM
I am an old new member. I lurked here several years ago, finally registered with a name that I forgot but had not really posted anything. Then about a year ago found this site again and finally got the courage to join and participate. I think before I was so far into the closet that I just could not find a way out. Now I have worked up the courage to participate and am thankful for the support that has been shown. In the past year my wife has accepted my CDing and I get to dress whenever I want to. Never thought that would happen in a million years. I truly love the fact that it makes no difference what level of CDing that one enjoys (Just wearing panties to full presentation) you are accepted here. I am glad that there are so many young girls and GG's getting involved here. Before the internet we all thought we were alone but as with all things we are not and we are not crazy pervs. We are just people that were born male that enjoy wearing women's clothing. When you really think about it, how harmless is that. We are all just looking for the peace that comes with feeling feminine instead of having to show our machismo all of the time. At least it works that way for me. I have learned so much here and am thankful for all of you.
Hugs
Ellen Jo

KayleeTaylor
11-18-2013, 10:29 AM
Newbie here :) I stumbled on this site by accident, but I am so glad I found it! So far, all have been kind and I have met a few new friends! I look forward to getting to know everyone :hugs:

I think it's possible to outgrow forums such as this. I mean how many times do you want to answer "What color are your nails? or "What color are your panties?" And how many times do you want to see photos of people in 6" heels or impossibly short skirts that no woman with any self respect would even think of wearing?

Totally agree with this :) I am on a few car forums, maybe that's why I just jumped in and started posting :) I see this same type of mentality with the car forums that I am on. I have seen many car forum members come and go and I still help out the newbies, even if it's a question that's been asked so many times. But like on here with "what color are your nails" etc. there are threads like "what did you do to your car today" so boring and pointless.