PDA

View Full Version : Breast in tangent with hormones

Karen__Starr
11-06-2013, 01:55 PM
I have been wearing high quality breast forms for several years now and will be starting hormone treatment next month for preparation for SRS in early 2015. My question is, should I stop wearing breast forms so not to hinder any natural growth of my breast ?

Jorja
11-06-2013, 02:02 PM
I do not see how breast forms could hinder breast growth unless maybe you are strapping them down tightly to your chest. Wear your forms until your natural breast start to form.

LeaP
11-06-2013, 03:34 PM
If you use adhesive, you are in for a sensitivity surprise ...

Kimberly Kael
11-06-2013, 03:53 PM
I've never heard about any medical reasons why it would be a problem, but you may find it uncomfortable surprisingly early. Developing breasts are tender and do not like being compressed. Even gentle pressure can be a problem, so I switched from forms to lighter foam pads in just a few months. It amounted to a slow tapering of padding to maintain a consistent appearance and finally reaching the point where I could live with nothing more than a slightly flattering bra.

Angela Campbell
11-06-2013, 05:18 PM
It will not effect the growth but eventually the breasts will get tender enough you will not want to use forms. You will soon understand that.

Karen__Starr
11-06-2013, 06:16 PM
Thanks for everyone's input :-)

Rachel Smith
11-06-2013, 08:29 PM
I think it only took me 4 weeks to give up mine for the reasons stated above.

Rachel

Anne2345
11-06-2013, 08:36 PM
If you use adhesive, you are in for a sensitivity surprise ...

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!! Nice one, Lea!! And I would take that advice seriously, if I were you, Karen . . . . :-P

JohnH
11-06-2013, 10:30 PM
Breast forms on top of tender developing breasts - even the thought of that combination causes me to wince!

Johanna

Karen__Starr
11-07-2013, 06:31 AM
I tried adhesive once a long time ago, that was it.

linda allen
11-07-2013, 07:26 AM
That's one of the questions you should ask your doctor.

It might raise questions if you suddenly go from a D cup to an A cup, B cup, etc. so you might want to try different sized enhancers to make up the difference.

I Am Paula
11-07-2013, 08:18 AM
My plan, if I can only get the boobies to listen, (six months and no action there) Is to wear my forms until things seem tight and uncomfortable, then a pushup bra with some enhancers. Eventually remove the enhancers, and then ( fingers crossed), a regular bra. This would be in an ideal world, to keep the size roughly the same throughout growth. Since I'm out and about every day, some consistency in presentation is important.
My endo doubled my E ten days ago, and I have one sore boob. One. Some girls can't catch a break.

Kandy Barr
11-07-2013, 11:47 AM
Wearing mine until no longer needed!