4) Crossdressers Dress For Sexual Gratification

5) Crossdressers Always Wear Women’s Clothes

6) Crossdressers Have Weird Sexual Habits

7) Crossdressers Look Like RuPaul

8 ) Crossdressing Develops in Adulthood

9) Crossdressers Are Made, Not Born

10) Crossdressers Are Schizophrenic

11) Crossdressing Can Be Cured

I did a web search and found that that article was referenced on this forum 3 years ago (See http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-135899.html). I hope people won't be too annoyed seeing the same thing brought up again. I usually can't stand to watch reruns on tv, so I know the feeling.

Violet-13
11-06-2013, 05:09 PM
whos RuPaul

Lexi Moralas
11-06-2013, 05:24 PM
Rupaul is a very famous and beautiful drag performer

Toni Citara
11-06-2013, 05:46 PM
A "drag performer"?? What's that?

jenni_xx
11-06-2013, 05:54 PM
Preaching to the converted :)

The funny thing is that cd's are so varied and wide, that I will bet my last pound that there is at least one person here who will look at that list and say "I can relate to at least one of those".

CD's encompass a wide spectrum - we are not one thing or the other. We can be gay, we may not like women, we may dress for sexual gratification, etc etc etc. This renders the list null and void. But more importantly, the list is rendered null and void because it does not relate to all crossdressers.

But then I doubt there is a person on this earth who genuinely thought that it did encompass all cd's. It's more a hang-up that cd's will have in terms of how other people will view them. Whereas the truth of the matter is, everyone else, while they may have hang-ups about us, they pail into insignificance in regards to the worries we have about ourselves and how we are to be perceived.

Robin777
11-06-2013, 06:10 PM
For those who don't know who RuPaul is.

http://www.logotv.com/shows/rupauls_drag_race/season_4/series.jhtml

Beverley Sims
11-06-2013, 07:47 PM
Remember something old is new again.I think anything recycled here gets a new and contemporary slant on it.
One word of caution, I have had my fingers slapped for resurrecting old threads.

LelaK
11-06-2013, 09:45 PM
I didn't resurrect nuthin. I found the website and thought it would be good to share the list of CD myths. Then I checked to see if the site had been mentioned before on this forum. I saw that a link had been posted for it, but it didn't look like it was discussed much, if at all.

I think the first myth (that we're gay) is the most common and gives most of us some trouble (those of us who aren't gay), if we have wives or girlfriends or desire for same.

Tamara Croft
11-06-2013, 09:57 PM
One word of caution, I have had my fingers slapped for resurrecting old threads.Yes because you actually posted to threads that were 3 years old and should have been locked, this is a NEW thread, so stop being so damn picky!!

binx
11-06-2013, 10:04 PM
The outting of my husband's crossdressing led to the outting of him also being bisexual. His interest in other men is highly connected to his dressing and girl self. So, for us, there was a little truth in the questionable sexuality myth. But it's just helped us be that much more open with each other.

Michelle789
11-06-2013, 10:12 PM
There are going to be some crossdressers who are gay or bi, but the majority are straight.

Every CD is different. Some may find none of these apply to them, others may find that some of these are true to them.

MindeeGurl
11-06-2013, 10:23 PM
So wrong...

docrobbysherry
11-07-2013, 12:46 AM
Not only do I believe in some of those myths, I AM 4 of them!

Gillian Gigs
11-07-2013, 01:05 AM
Thanks for sharing the article, I enjoyed it, any article worth reading is timeless. Whether it was an old post or not, many of the newer girls need to have the chance to read it also. Again thanks.

Vicky_Scot
11-07-2013, 09:28 AM
1) Crossdressers Are Gay (I always try to be happy)

2) Crossdressers Don’t Like Women (I don't like some woman as I don't' like some men)

3) Women Who Love Crossdressers Must Be Lesbians (Are they vampire killers as well, wondered where the wife goes at night)

4) Crossdressers Dress For Sexual Gratification (When I was young and I was hot......lol)

5) Crossdressers Always Wear Women’s Clothes (I always wear my clothes actually)

6) Crossdressers Have Weird Sexual Habits (Mmmm still waiting to find what mine is then)

7) Crossdressers Look Like RuPaul (I wish!!!!)

8 ) Crossdressing Develops in Adulthood (Certainly my make up and fashion got better in Adulthood)

9) Crossdressers Are Made, Not Born (Never knew there was a Crossdressing Factory churning us out)

10) Crossdressers Are Schizophrenic (Who said that?)

11) Crossdressing Can Be Cured (I am always prepared)

Lynn Marie
11-07-2013, 09:36 AM
I resemble those "busted myths" pretty well.

cyndi13
11-07-2013, 10:08 AM
I think I read somewhere that the percentage of homosexual in the CD community is equal to the percentage in the general population

Lacyfem
11-07-2013, 10:26 AM
Who cares, we just need to be who we are as long as we're happy with ourselves!

Lola Wants
11-07-2013, 10:32 AM
Whether it was an old post or not, many of the newer girls need to have the chance to read it also.

Agreed... I am a newer member and appreciated the chance to take a look at it.

Thanks for sharing, LelaK!

~Lola

sometimes_miss
11-07-2013, 10:59 AM
Cute list, but it's incorrect. In trying to gain acceptance for us, Ellen Sherman, like a lot of others, gives the properties of her own crossdressing subject as the very definition of who we are. While her heart is in the right place, her brain isn't, and something like this only causes more confusion when a gf or wife of a crossdresser comes across it and assumes Ellen is an authority of some sort.