PDA

View Full Version : Too much bother sometimes?

Jackie7
11-07-2013, 08:59 AM
Replying to another thread this morning made me realize that I did not dress yesterday although I could have. I had been dressing rather completely, and going out, every day for a couple of weeks. I am retired and mostly out, with a supportive wife, so whether or not I dress really is up to me and how I feel. And yesterday, though I did wear a bra and forms all day, the rest of it was just more bother than I wanted to handle. Today feels the same, underdressing as usual but leaving it at that.

My darling wife has always counseled me to pay attention to how I feel inside, dress if that feels right and don't dress if it doesn't, strictly according to my internal compass and without regard to the expectations of others. I've even had the experience of planning to dress for a big event and deciding not to at the last minute, and also the opposite, feeling compelled at the last minute to dress pretty for some outing I had planned to attend en drab.

I am fine with all of this, but I do wonder whether others flicker on and off this way, or is your urge and desire to dress a steady constant? And for those who mostly can dress without hindrance if they want, does that freedom take the edge off, and make it easier to go with how you feel, or does it lock you into a pattern and make it harder?

bridget thronton
11-07-2013, 09:09 AM
I part of it is dressing up - very few people wear their best clothes all the time once in a while everyone opts for casual and cozy

~Joanne~
11-07-2013, 09:13 AM
I have days like this also. Last Monday & Tuesday were good days to dress (Tuesday better than Monday) and while I had sorta planned on dressing, when the time came, I couldn't be bothered either day. There's no rule book saying you have to dress every chance that presents itself ;) I think that those of us that have supportive SO's go through this more than a closeted girl who doesn't want to miss an opportunity which may or may not present itself again in a while.

linda allen
11-07-2013, 09:30 AM
I am OK with dressing around the house but not going out dressed unless I go and dress when I get there so dressing or being dressed can get to be a hassle sometimes. Also, there are things I don't normally do "dressed" like working on shop projects or home repairs because my hair would get in the way or I might ruin my "girl" clothes or my forms.

Buy yes, with the freedom to dress anytime there's just me or me and my wife around, I find sometimes I decide not to so I can get stuff done or just relax after my evening shower. I usually don't bother with my forms or wig after the shower with just an hour or two before bed time.

Michaelasfun
11-07-2013, 09:42 AM
It sure can be too much hassle sometimes.... What I do is have some casual go-to outfits like comfy pjs and short sets so I can still feel girly without all the work. If I shower and shave and throw on a chemise I can still feel feminine without all the work of makeup, etc.

CarlaWestin
11-07-2013, 10:10 AM
Generally, my opportunity time blocks just don't allow for makeup application and removal. I've gotten very good at covering with bug eye sunglasses and lip color without the whole cosmetic application. Also, I enjoy going out with larger prominent breasts and no one really pays that much attention to notice. I sort of look like every other buxom casually dressed woman in the mall. Sometimes, when I have time to really do the whole routine, I wind up overdressed compared to the GGs around me and sometimes it just looks out of place.

Lacyfem
11-07-2013, 10:24 AM
There is so much more to being a woman than being a man regarding our looks whether it be makeup or just dressing. Love the proper foundation, bra and panty but don't always put the bra on. Makeup is more intensive so only do that when my fem feelings really kick in in the AM. Men just get up and put underwear on, brush their teeth hopefully, pants, shirt and shoes and they are off. We gurls take much longer when we choose in the moring to be the gurls we are. So sometimes when I get up it's just panties and maybe a bra because it's a lot of work and just want chill on that day yet keep my fem feelings. So don't always dress completely.

Beverley Sims
11-07-2013, 10:35 AM
Jackie,
When you are able to dress at will, sometimes the effort of looking the best is too much.
I mean around home you can relax without a wig and makeup.
When going out it is different, I can dress minimalist but still be presentable.
No going out half man/woman type of presentation.
Light makeup and jeans and top will get me by.
Of course a wig.