PDA

View Full Version : No Shave November

Aly Cat
11-07-2013, 11:39 PM
So who all is participating in this??? I am normally clean shaven but 23 more days of the month is a long time not to shave. It would certainly make going out more difficult. Then I thought...maybe no shave November could pertain to my legs. Hell no!! I can barely go 3 days without shaving my legs.
So who's doing it, who's not?

Oh and for a little fun, I am throwing in some No Shave November Disney princesses!

JenniferYager
11-07-2013, 11:44 PM
We started Moustache Movember at work...just like Moustache March :)

Candice Mae
11-07-2013, 11:44 PM
I'm not becoming the bearded lady, but I do have a good mustache going.

cupcake
11-07-2013, 11:46 PM
Pocahontas has the best beard. As for myself, since I'm closeted, i observe the no shave November. Plus its nice to have the extra fuzz with the weather getting colder here in the midwest.

Aly Cat
11-07-2013, 11:54 PM
My last No Shave November...

JenniferYager
11-07-2013, 11:58 PM
Your mustache makes the pipe look small :)

Eryn
11-08-2013, 12:41 AM
I'm definitely doing No Shave November! Of course I just finished No Shave October and before that No Shave September!

Of course, I did spend quite a lot of quality time with my electrologist during those months. :)

rachel_rachel
11-08-2013, 12:52 AM
Here in Australia we call it Movember.. No way I'm doing it.. I can't stand the stubble on my top lip for any more than a day, let alone a month.

Cynthia Anne
11-08-2013, 01:19 AM
NOT I!!! I cant stand not shaving for one day much less a whole month!
When it comes to be a law for no shaving in the thirteenth month of every year I might consider it!!:eek:

Beverley Sims
11-08-2013, 02:58 AM
I will walk against cancer and wear pink but I must shave...

Princess Chantal
11-08-2013, 04:00 AM
I have participated in Movember a couple of times in the past, however this year I am not. I have a fun crossdressing outing this weekend and the next. I kind of have an admiration for my facial hair (comes out as a wicked red colour), so usually I go without shaving between crossdressing sessions

Jillian Faith
11-08-2013, 06:21 AM
As a prostate cancer survivor I have the full fledged beard thing going. I can't dress and go out but I still have my toes painted and wear nightgown and pink fuzzy slippers at night, now I just look like the bearded lady from the circus when I look in the mirror.

Erica Marie
11-08-2013, 07:02 AM
Sorry not here. Legs, arms, underarms and well you know all stay shaved.

linda allen
11-08-2013, 07:19 AM
"No Shave November" This is the first I've heard of it but I suppose it explains why the TV anchorman looks so scruffy.

Years ago at work a lot of the guys didn't shave during deer hunting season until they had killed a dear. I don't hunt so I didn't participate.

Regardless, I get up and do my best to shave every morning. It would seem silly to put on the boobs, wig, padded panties and everything else and then walk around with a beard.

I Am Paula
11-08-2013, 08:10 AM
It just sounds so....male! However, if you really like to get noticed, patent leather pumps, and a twelve day growth outta do it.

kimdl93
11-08-2013, 08:10 AM
Why on earth would any of us want to support or encourage such nonsense....ok I'll use Nair!

Dianne S
11-08-2013, 08:21 AM
I had a beard for 17+ years... that's enough Movembers for me. This one will be clean-shaven.

Seana Summer
11-08-2013, 08:30 AM
I am participating and beard is now beyond the itchy stage. My biggest complaint is that my beard gets greyer every year! It used to be a very nice red. I am Not going out dressed in female attire among the general population until December, at the earliest, after it gets mowed back off. I rarely go out anyway.

I was teasing one of my sisters the other day that she should join the cause, your never too old to tease a sibling it seems, especially an older one :devil: Without the aid of waxing she can grow a fine mustache :doh::eek:

Aly Cat
11-08-2013, 08:31 AM
Yeah, this year I'm not participating. The picture I posted was from last year. I've got a little stubble going on right now, but that is just sheer laziness. By noon, it will be gone. Was just curious how many actually observed this event. I say for those that are doing it, you should dress to the 9s and give us a picture of your best "bearded Disney princess" look.

rachael.davis
11-08-2013, 08:45 AM
No. just No

I Am Paula
11-08-2013, 09:04 AM
From what I understand, this is a fund raising effort, no? Why not just donate some money, and NOT look like a caveman?

Aly Cat
11-08-2013, 09:22 AM
Hahaha it was worth a shot. It's not really a fund raising event (though there may be one out there for this) but it's just something that had become a popular thing to do in November.

Linda E. Woodworth
11-08-2013, 09:29 AM
Sorry Girls but I won't be participating.

I have never been able to grow a respectable beard despite several attempts through the years.

Besides, it looks terrible with the cocktail dress and pumps!

Barbra P
11-08-2013, 09:29 AM
Hmmm . . . Uh . . . NO! Maybe a good cause, but no.

robindee36
11-08-2013, 09:54 AM
I'm in for this. My support will be to only shave my face and nowhere else. However, I differentiate epilation so this bod will remain clean ;)

Please don't start a no epilation month because I hate to use a razor on anything except my face. And I am not growing a beard or 'stach period, full stop.

Also, no pics of the event. Just totally blows the entire fem mystique.

Hugs all you hairy girls ;) Robin (epilation queen)

SherriePall
11-08-2013, 11:20 AM
Not shave in November? Could you just see how my legs would look like while wearing nude pantyhose and high heels?

Candice Mae
11-08-2013, 09:38 PM
Yeah, this year I'm not participating. The picture I posted was from last year. I've got a little stubble going on right now, but that is just sheer laziness. By noon, it will be gone. Was just curious how many actually observed this event. I say for those that are doing it, you should dress to the 9s and give us a picture of your best "bearded Disney princess" look.

I don't think anyone wants to see Candice with a mustache... :heehee:

mikiSJ
11-08-2013, 09:48 PM
I thought that was for guys.

tictac43
11-08-2013, 10:08 PM
I actually always have a beard (which has prevented me from fully dressing and seeing what I can pull off) Was thinking about doing Shave November and finding out! Thoughts?

Robin777
11-08-2013, 10:19 PM
No, I don't think I am going to participate. I am enjoying clean shaven legs.

Princess Chantal
11-08-2013, 10:46 PM
I'm in for this. My support will be to only shave my face and nowhere else. However, I differentiate epilation so this bod will remain clean ;)

Please don't start a no epilation month because I hate to use a razor on anything except my face. And I am not growing a beard or 'stach period, full stop.

Also, no pics of the event. Just totally blows the entire fem mystique.

Hugs all you hairy girls ;) Robin (epilation queen)

Oopsies,you misunderstood. You show your support by growing a moustache to which (if registered) raises funds for charities and awareness for men's health (usually prostate cancer). There are alternative methods to participate, even in girl mode, like attending Movember based fundraiser events and purchase a fake moustache to wear for the night (don't worry most of the GG's would be wearing one) or there are t-shirts and other merchandise with printed moustaches that the profits go towards charities.

I am quite surprised how many on the forum are lacking knowledge of Movember, maybe it could be that Winnipeggers are known as quite charitable and are educated on many of the causes.

robindee36
11-09-2013, 08:40 AM
Might be this is a Canaduh thing. Not sure I have seen any promotions for it south of the border.

Sorry, still not growing any facial fuzz. But my thoughts of support are with you all.

Hugs, Robin