PDA

View Full Version : Helen Grandeis Sighting Near South Bend, IN

Helen Grandeis
11-08-2013, 06:07 AM
:)About a month ago I had a midnight trip to a Walmart five towns north of us. That trip got me a nice black blouse, a few pieces of unmentionalbles and a winter coat; however, all the intervening opportunities have been raining.
:sad:.
My wife despises the thought of my crossdressing :thumbsdn::thumbsdn:(a separate future post) but she accepts my new found knowledge of women's fashion enough to explain the white under layer she needed to complete an outfit. We had been to about ten different stores looking for a white pullover blouse with no collar and at most 3/4 sleeves.
Sooo, after she went to bed - Helen to the rescue. A quick visit to the phone booth in the garage. BTW-its a very cold phone booth in the north in November. Pantyhose into 3 inch black, fabric closed toe wedges followed by an ankle length, lined black lace skirt, with a black blouse and a black Walmart winter coat. Crowned with my short red wig and just a few finishing touches, off I went to a Walmart three towns north where I immediately scored two size 8-10 "George?" T-shirts for the wife. Then I discovered, clip on earrings in two styles and some clip on converters. I also bought a pair of short winter boots since my near term adventures will all be in MI-WI-IN-IL.
Next I wanted to check out the makeup department but on the way back I made an emergency right pivot at warp two when I thought I saw a coworker approaching. False alarm: 1. the coworker had been fired, 2. it wasn't him it was a lookalike Walmart night manager, 3. Although far from passing, I look good at 60 feet but I don't look good enough to risk a port-to-port passage.
Next got on the road and went to South Bend which is five towns south of home where I bought makeup brushes, sponges and pads. A sales associate took my picture. All sales associates were very nice and helpful. I felt so great. It completely cleared the black despair that had been weighing on my soul since the first reveal to my wife. DADT is not for the weak of heart but it is better than having no heart.

Rhonda Darling
11-08-2013, 07:19 AM
Helen.

Wonderful adventure. Too bad you have to travel far and wide to shop, but it sounds like the end justifies the means. I hope you let your wife know that the white shirts are the product of Helen's fine shopping skills. We'll look forward to the rest of the story.

Best,
Rhonda

JenniferR771
11-08-2013, 10:24 AM
Oh, GOSH DARN! You are amazing, Helen. I am so glad you had an opportunity to clear the cobwebs from your wardrobe. And that you could do a favor for your loving (albeit--non-understanding wife). I know what you mean...similar situation. Fun time in the makeup aisle. And she agreed to take your pic, YES! You look wonderful. Perfectly passable from camera distance for sure. Lovely black lace skirt. Ice cold clothes are a bit of a problem in the garage--I understand the concept perfectly.

Spotting your co-worker just added a bit of excitement. I am glad it turned out to be a false alarm. Whew!

Beverley Sims
11-08-2013, 11:38 AM
As long as you do not push this on her or impose on her too much, your wife may come to accept some of the advantages of HELEN.
Just be subtle in all your actions. It may just work.

Helen Grandeis
11-09-2013, 04:17 AM
The new plan is to never talk to my wife about dressing-perhaps forever. She has found a fifteen year old talk by a church leader (Mormon) where dressing is included among almost a dozen undesirable themes for modern music. She also found that the Code of Conduct for Brigham Young University forbids cross dressing. Therefore, from her point of view the discussion is closed. Soon I will return to day shift. I get home before her every day that will be my cosmetic practice time. Ultimately, I will have to designate dates or days that will be few but will be mine. I won't even discuss where I am going or what I will be wearing. So total DADT. One day per week, a spring weekend, a fall weekend, maybe an occasional Southern Comfort type event.
On the flip side, I have spent the last three years since the first reveal proving myself as a value added husband - making a real effort to be thoughtful, considerate and otherwise respectful. We go to private ballroom dancing lessons every other week. For thirty years I have made sure that she is satisfied virtually every time. She has various physical limitations that make it unlikely that she will leave - she has said as much. I will never mention any advantages of my cross dressing because she will never see any. It literally makes her ill to talk about it and moves her to take xanax to sleep to have to face it.

LelaK
11-09-2013, 09:12 PM
If the thought of your CDing makes her ill, I pray that she finds a cure. Sounds like some counseling might help her, not with the intent to make her accept CDing, but to help her overcome such illness. Most of us, it seems, had early childhood traumas that still influence our reactions.

Amberhea
11-09-2013, 09:19 PM
I feel so bad for all of you whose wife won't accept your CD'ing. My wife so far has been very supportive but I also know when to pull the breaks to make it not so obvious. She tells me about things she's read online or has researched regarding other wives who aren't as accepting as she is. Luckily my wife is very liberal, is gay friendly so I 've told that since she is gay friendly she has to be CD friendly as well. Not that I'm gay but you get my point. She did make a statement one day that she thinks it's unfair that I'll have 2 wardrobes. Although I've only bought 4 long sleeve t's, yoga pants and leggings, oh and a dress. I'm hopeful for the day she pulls up my pinterest and goes out and buys me a complete outfit for a girls night out.

Helen Grandeis
11-10-2013, 04:46 AM
My wife and I will be married thirty years next year. Throughout this time we have always availed ourselves of expert counseling to get us over the rough spots. The difference with this time is that my wife has rejected our counselor of 20 years because he believes my cross dressing is a healthy outlet for me. She has rejected any counseling because she knows that no responsible professional (other than the water boarding/ice dunking fringe) is going to agree and support her in her view that cross dressing is evil. She has a LGBT friendly sister that I have offered as a secret holder; however, she is only interested in potential moral support for her rejection.:sad:

BLUE ORCHID
11-10-2013, 08:06 AM
Hi Helen It kind of sounds like you are between a rock and a hard place.

Helen Grandeis
11-10-2013, 07:19 PM
She is perfectly pleasant and affectionate - so long as cd is not discussed.