PDA

View Full Version : Shaved at the doctor's office

Shari
11-08-2013, 07:56 AM
So, I went for my annual doctor visit yesterday and darned if he didn't make me strip down and wear a gown.
This just had to happen (Murphy's law) as two weeks ago I shaved my legs and my bottom to go along with my already shaved chest.
I was slightly concerned but he never batted an eye or made any sort of reference to my now hairless body. I even endured a prostate exam and the shaved bottom was certainly in his face.:eek:
A great relief.
Oh, and the exam went well too. :heehee:

JoanAz
11-08-2013, 08:01 AM
Why should He/She bat an eye, nice clean area to work on, no messy hair to get in the way ...I Epilate everything from the neck down.
((( HUGGS )))

Jill Devine
11-08-2013, 08:50 AM
Shari is the prostate exam as awkward as I am assuming it to be? I've also heard that it can be painful?

I Am Paula
11-08-2013, 09:01 AM
This comes up every few months or so.
Doctors have seen everything, and don't care. If what you do doesn't effect your health negatively, just do it.
Watch a movie some time. Very few male actors have any body hair. A bare chest is the norm, and bare anything else OK. It seems (oddly, to me) the only body hair that stays is in the pits. ???

Marleena
11-08-2013, 09:06 AM
Sometimes I feel sorry for the doctors. A shaved body I don't see as a big deal but getting caught in panties, painted toenails, etc is kinda weird. Why don't people just let their doctor know they are CD or TG? It seems more respectful and there won't be any surprises for the doctor.

Linda E. Woodworth
11-08-2013, 09:34 AM
I've been shaved a couple of times at the Doctor's offices and they have never said a word. I was even wearing beige microfiber panties to the urologist and he didn't say boo.

Several years ago I went for my annual physical with painted toenails and shaved legs. I asked my wife before hand if I should take the toe nail polish off as I really didn't want to since I get to do it so seldom. She suggested I leave it on as I wouldn't be removing my socks. Well, we were both wrong! I had to strip to nothing and there were my red toes in all their glory. Neither the nurse nor the doctor said a word and just finished the physical and told me to get dressed!

Beverley Sims
11-08-2013, 11:44 AM
The doctor is looking for health problems you may have, he is not practicing cosmetology to achieve this.
Hairy or hairless he is probably not worried.

Toni Citara
11-08-2013, 12:00 PM
While the nurses and doctors may not "bat an eye" I can tell you from my experience, having been married to a nurse, the minute you leave they talk about anybody that is different. While my ex-wife never mentioned names, she told me everytime somebody came in wearing panties, nail polish, etc. Funny thing was she was totally open-minded about people doing whatever they wanted, but when it came to "her man" she didn't want anything to do with my crossdressing.

sandra-leigh
11-08-2013, 12:09 PM
At least one of my friends refers to prostate exams as being quite uncomfortable physically. I have had three myself and barely notice them, and always seem to end up asking, "That's it??" as it goes by quite quickly for me. (For whatever difference it may make in this regard, my prostate is considered to be fairly small.)

Jamie001
11-08-2013, 12:15 PM
Sometimes I feel sorry for the doctors. A shaved body I don't see as a big deal but getting caught in panties, painted toenails, etc is kinda weird. Why don't people just let their doctor know they are CD or TG? It seems more respectful and there won't be any surprises for the doctor.

Why? The doctor should not be concerned if you are wearing panties or have painted toenails. After all, doctors routinely see people whose bodies are covered in tattoos and earlobes stretched out of shape with those large circular earrings. Toenail polish or panties certainly won't be a big deal.

binx
11-08-2013, 12:20 PM
Even if doctors and nurses talk about any patients that may be "different", I seriously doubt that being shaven is all that bizarre to them. Consider all the icky and weird things those in the medical community encounter on a regular basis... A shaven man ain't nothin but a thing.

sandra-leigh
11-08-2013, 03:02 PM
My body hair is hardly visible even with no shaving at all (other than the face / neck.) I have never had any doctor or nurse comment on it. My gender therapist had always assumed that I shaved my legs, but it was just my natural hair levels.

Barbara Dugan
11-08-2013, 09:27 PM
The first time my doctors asked me to take my clothes off for a check up they immediately noticed it and asked me about it, even my GP advice me to use depilatory cream instead of shaving in case I frequented gyms

sharli61
11-09-2013, 04:16 PM
i am shaved and had to go for hernia surgery. the aide that came in to do the prep (shave) just said "i have to make this look good." and took a couple swipes with his razor and left. My wife and daughter were outside waiting and he said "that was the easiest prep i have ever done." they just laughed.

Maria 60
11-09-2013, 05:34 PM
That's funny because this week I wasn't feeling very well and my doctor works in the emergency at the hospital and asked me to go there so he could do some test. When I got there the nurse took me into a room and told me she was going to do a cardio gram test, she folded my pants up to my knees and put a sticker on the first leg and then on the second leg she stroked my leg and then she put the sticker on. She then lifted my shirt to find a nice cleanly shaved chest she said I see your nice and clean, it makes it easier to remove the sticker after. Because I am a joker I replied, the way you stroked my leg you can tell I am smooth too. We both laughed and she said you see it all in here but a lot of men now shave most of there body. The rest of the test didn't involve any full body nudity, thank God, one week after Halloween is not the best time to do test.

Vickie_CDTV
11-09-2013, 05:48 PM
Because hair (or lack thereof) can be an indicator of other health issues, they may notice and ask you about it, no guarantee they won't inquire about it. I have been asked about my lack of hair a number of times by my doctors over the years. "My girlfriend likes it that way" was always a sufficient explanation.

A prostate exam is not painful, it can be a bit uncomfortable feeling for a bit and might feel strange for a minute or two afterward, but it is not painful. The results of not having one when one is indicated, certainly can be painful.

BLUE ORCHID
11-09-2013, 08:46 PM
Hi Shari, My legs, arms & chest have been smooth for years and the Dr. never batted an eye about it.
I made the mistake of asking for s second opinion once and the Dr. said Ok and he used two fingers.

Diane Smith
11-10-2013, 12:16 AM
I spent nine days in the hospital in 2001, entering through the emergency room, so there was no time to prepare. That put me on full display to all the doctors, nurses and various technicians with my hairless body, glittery red toenails, long acrylic fingernails, tattoos, piercings, thinned eyebrows, long colored hair and all the rest. The only reactions, and there weren't that many, were totally positive -- I got several compliments about my bodyart and one nurse made a special effort to stop in a few times and exchange stories and tips about nail polish. I'm sure I gave them something to talk about at the nurses' station, but everybody in the hospital is pretty busy and they probably don't have time to dwell on it much. In any event, the medical and emotional care I received was first rate. The only issue I had was keeping my legs and feet covered in bed when I had visitors (like my boss) who don't know about the tattoos and nail polish.

Nowadays, I don't try to hide anything when I go to the doctor, and I'm totally out to my primary care physician, who acts as if she couldn't care less.

- Diane

melissagrrl
11-10-2013, 06:33 PM
It seems common these days for many males to shave their chest/ arms / legs. Not unusual to see that at the gym.