PDA

View Full Version : Checking in at hotel for first time

tamara
11-08-2013, 10:21 PM
A few weeks back I had to travel for business to Orlando. I drove all the way there, what I have done many times, but this time I did all the trip as Tamara. I left early evening.

I had to stop to fill up the tank on my way. No problem. I stop to have a bite on a small, quiet restaurant. No problem.

When I got to the hotel and went to check in, I was sooo nervous, but the clerk was very professional. I presented my credit card and my ID, and she said nothing. Asked me if I was part of a frequent program, so I gave her my number.

When I finally got my rooom key, I walked back to my car to park it and get my luggage to go to my room. It was so exciting!!!!!!

I know I will be doing it more often now!:):)

Tamara

tictac43
11-08-2013, 10:23 PM
Congrats!!! What a big accomplishment! :)

Beverley Sims
11-08-2013, 10:36 PM
Once you have done it it all becomes so easy the next time.

Bree Wagner
11-08-2013, 10:38 PM
Congratulations on your courage and on the good experiences!

-Bree

Cynthia Anne
11-08-2013, 11:03 PM
Great job! Now that the first time is out of the way you will enjoy it more the next time! Congrads!!

Valarie
11-08-2013, 11:35 PM
That is so great :) how exciting, that is on my list of things to try out.

Kanwal
11-09-2013, 12:06 AM
Brave lady. This is such an activity

gautier_nikolai
11-09-2013, 12:52 AM
Congrats!Way to go girl!

Looks like you'll be having lots more fun in the future.

Diversity
11-09-2013, 01:46 AM
Well done, Tamara! Sounds like such a great time! I am going to do this in January when I do a similar trip. Finally will be free to do this!! Can't wait! Thank you for writing this, as it gives me encouragement. Good luck to you on future outings!
Di

jenn
11-09-2013, 05:06 AM
I did that one at a motel 6. The font desk clerk was on older man. He was very nice at the check in. As I turned to go back and get my luggage he asked if I wanted help with my bags. I felt wonderful at the time. He guided me to my room waited for me to open the door and brought my bags in for me. As I put my purse down on the desk to get a tip for him, he said that you very much. It was a nice experience.

reb.femme
11-09-2013, 05:35 AM
Hi Tamara,

An absolutely fantastic feeling of euphoria washes over you doesn't it? My first time out was from a hotel during a work visit. I drove home pretty too, and stopped at a motorway services. Really nice that the guy on the desk was courteous too, as that's all I ask for when in drab.

I dropped various papers as I checked out and an older man hit the floor to pick them up before I did. Suspect he wasn't too sure of my 'gender expression' though :heehee:. Good luck in your future forays en femme and keep flying the flag.....so to speak.

Rebecca

Marcelle
11-09-2013, 06:11 AM
Hi Tamara,

What a great story and CONGRATS on taking that plunge. It really is a thrill checking in to a hotel (or just doing day to day things) en femme and when the experience is good . . . all the better.

Hugs

Isha

Shari
11-09-2013, 06:23 AM
I fantasize about things like that all the time.
You LIVED it!
Well done.

Janet Bern
11-09-2013, 08:41 AM
Was the card a female or male name? Did the desk clerk know you were a cd?

I Am Paula
11-09-2013, 09:33 AM
Janet- Doesn't matter. If you think Doctors and paramedics have seen everything, it's nothing compared to hotel front desk people. You can check in with an inflatable doll, and they will just ask if the doll will be having breakfast.

Ceri Anne
11-09-2013, 10:05 AM
Very nice Tamara. I've been traveling pretty for a long time now and understand the nervousness of checking in pretty. I only have one hotel where I am still a bit nervous and have not checked in pretty yet. I have coworkers who stay there also (I would know when they are there) and know the staff very well. I'm a little nervous about the chance of something "leaking" out. I do get dressed there often and go out, just not direct interaction with the staff. I've also worn my bikini in the pool and hot tub. I love doing that. Still havn't flown yet, but planning to on next flight. Was dressed all the way to the airport last time and backed out. Thanks to Kimberly and a couple others, this normally brazenly daring girl will be flying pretty soon.

PretzelGirl
11-09-2013, 11:04 AM
Good for you Tamara! I don't believe I have heard a bad story about checking in. Any hotel stories are about running into someone or getting locked out of a room. So continue on! I applaud your desire to be you.

kimdl93
11-09-2013, 11:11 AM
It's reaffirming to be able to conduct yourself as any other person when checking in, dining out or any otherwise mundane aspect of life.

PertyX
11-09-2013, 11:46 AM
Sounds so lovely!

Well done.

X

tamara
11-10-2013, 11:15 PM
Janet,

I do not have a female card, so the lady at the front desk knew I was a CD. Even if I had a card, at 5' 11" and 200 pounds, it is difficult not to recognize me as a CD

Dannigirl
11-10-2013, 11:26 PM
Well done to you Tamara. That was a huge suitcase of courage you must have taken with you. I like to go out when I can but still having issues interacting with people, one day I hope to be as brave as you have been.

themodsca
11-11-2013, 12:48 AM
must try it myself,...

Joni Beauman
11-11-2013, 02:10 AM
I have done that once and registering went fine, though the hotel had actually changed names between time reservation was made and my arrival, so there was some additional confusion. Most often, my e-key fails after an outing and I have to go and present myself to desk en femme. No problems so far. Joni.