PDA

View Full Version : Straight cross dressers

Jamie88
11-09-2013, 12:31 AM
so how exactly does it work being a straight cross dresser? When you're dressed do you feel like a lesbian? Do you get turned on by other crossers? I'm just curious cause I often get hit on by straight crossers and I'd just like alittle more insight on them. :)

Cynthia Anne
11-09-2013, 01:02 AM
I think many of us could be or would considered more like a lesbian! But at the same time; getting hit on by another cross dresser would not be considered straight!

Katie Russell
11-09-2013, 02:01 AM
Hi Jamie

You don't says how you are dressed when you are hit on my straight cross dressers. If you are presenting as an attractive female then there would be no reason why a straight cross dresser shouldn't find you attractive. Who somebody finds attractive isn't down to sex but gender. A Gynephile is attracted to someone presenting in a feminine way. I recently watched a programme on Thai Lady boys and British men who were their partners. These men don't consider themselves to be 'gay' but they are attracted to women who in many cases still have male genitals. They are attracted to how the person presented themselves and not their sex at birth. If you were attracted to someone presenting as female but was in fact male it wouldn't make you a homosexual but someone who is attracted to the feminine qualities you see in the person before you.

Not all men will find all women attractive, not all women will find all men attractive it is very much an individual thing. It is not possible to change your sex by cross dressing only your gender. Who you find attractive will probably be the same dressed or not so cross dressing doesn't make you a 'lesbian'.

Katie

GaleWarning
11-09-2013, 02:04 AM
I simply enjoy wearing the clothes. The man inside doesn't change; only the clothes do.
I'm in love with women and have no desire to engage with them, other than as me.
I'm a straight guy who loves to wear clothing now associated solely with the opposite sex.
I look forward to a day when all of us are free to choose to wear whatever we wish, whenever we wish.

Vickie_CDTV
11-09-2013, 03:59 AM
Jamie, are you a GG? If you are, it is not surprising they find you attractive, since they are straight they like GGs and you are a GG.

Rachelakld
11-09-2013, 04:31 AM
Hi Jamie
Works like this (for me)
My male personality has 100% control and he is straight.
He allows me some to time express myself, and for reasons unknown to me, I have the same taste in women he does (probs his hormones in his skin bag, or his strength of personality).
If I see an attractive male, I think of his face, style of clothing etc but don't think of what's in his pants (women see men differently to how guys see girls, plus I'm still stuck in a very good male body and that's okay).
While I have coffee with a hot CDer with pretty eyes and a super smart scientific brain, I still know we would not be compatible in a relationship, not to mention what our wives would say.

I knew a manly man (champ bodybuilder) once, who used the expression "any port in a storm" and "your only gay if you receive", I'm sure he would hit on The Great Wall of China if it had a hole. My point is by this, everyone works differently

Hope that helps you - sure has confused me

neha
11-09-2013, 04:41 AM
Well, i am straight. I live as a man at work place. But i love being girly and dress up a girl when at home. I love the feel.

Georgia Rose
11-09-2013, 05:13 AM
I think the statistics are that most crossdressers ar straight. We dress in women's clothing for all different reasons. Would I hit on a well dressed Cd'er? Don't know. However I am intrigued by transsexuals who look and sound like a woman, have breasts etc but male genetalia. Would I hit on someone like that? Quite possibly.

reb.femme
11-09-2013, 05:21 AM
........................ "any port in a storm" ...............

A quote alive and well in the UK today. An old Navy saying, but actively applied to explain why men will sleep with any woman available.

I have to ask, as others have, are you a GG? If you are, then the fact that you are being hit upon is not difficult to work out. Is it?
If you are clearly male, then the CDs hitting on you are not straight, I would hazard a guess. Bi, Homosexual or plain liars IMHO.

I'm straight and only like women....end of. We can all appreciate a well presented CD, some presentations are phenomenal, as witnessed on this very forum. Personally though, male is male and female is female for me and 'ne'er the twain shall meet'. I've never tried religion or politics, but I don't intend to go there either, before anyone asks :heehee:.

Rebecca

AmyGaleRT
11-09-2013, 05:28 AM
Jamie, I'm straight, in that I only generally feel attraction to women. When I'm dressed as Amy, though, I don't hit on anyone and don't really feel "attraction" as such. A good example of this would be from my friend Kayti's bachelorette party, where, just before I left, I got a big hug from one of Kayti's GG friends. I didn't feel any sense of arousal at that; all I felt was warm happiness. I suppose this might be the sort of feeling a (straight) GG might have in a similar situation.

I've certainly never felt any attraction to men.

- Amy

Marcelle
11-09-2013, 06:38 AM
Hi Jamie,

I am straight and like the ladies as much as any guy. When I present as Isha and I see a good looking woman, I think just that "what a good looking woman" . . . however, I am a guy (albeit dressed as a woman) so I in no way consider myself a lesbian but a guy who likes women. I would have to say if I were hit on by another CDer, I would respond that same as I would if I were hit on by a gay man (happened once at a bar when I was in boy mode) ... "I am very flattered but I am straight". He was fine with it and we are now good friends.

Hugs

Isha

rachelcdtvcd
11-09-2013, 07:08 AM
i'm a lesbian, but in that respect, if someone is crossdressing, most do so to look like a woman. i'm turned on by other crossdressers, but i do not consider myself bisexual or gay since i am attracted to the image of a woman.

kimdl93
11-09-2013, 08:13 AM
Gender and sexual preference are two different things. A CDr may be either straight or bi or gay, just like anyone else. A hetero CDr would likely see themselves as such, though a few may like to think of themselves as lesbian. A transgendered or transexual may identify as female. If attracted to women they would likely consider themselves lesbian.

linda allen
11-09-2013, 09:21 AM
I am a straight crossdresser. I am attracted only to women, not men. Dressing as a female does not change that. I don't see how I could feel like a lesbian because I don't know how that feels.

Being dressed as a female and being attracted to women only makes me what I am, a straight male crossdresser. Strapping on a set of boobs doesn't change this.

No, I am not turned on by other crossdressers.

Beverley Sims
11-09-2013, 09:28 AM
Jamie, welcome to the forum, I have no feelings for other dressers other than envy of their skill to dress and present well.

Kate Simmons
11-09-2013, 09:33 AM
Hard to answer your question with minimum information. You don't describe who or what you are. That can have a bearing on an honest observation. :)

suchacutie
11-09-2013, 10:00 AM
I've always found women attractive. We found Tina when I was 55 so it would have seemed unusual from my perspective that my sexual preference would have suddenly changed. Also, I separate the notion of "finding attractive" from interested in being intimate. I find femininity attractive in all forms including Tina. Being intimate is reserved for that special GG to whom I am married.

Ceri Anne
11-09-2013, 10:00 AM
You can address this from different perspectives. I am straight, genetic male, physically attracted to females. When pretty, I describe myself as a lesbian. (in fact have done so in drab mode also) I have a friend who classifies herself as a straight female. She is genetic male, but attracted to men. I guess, its all perspective. Just like we all have different reasons for being here, some CD, some TS and everywhere in between, just consider yourself whatever feels best to you.

Jamie88
11-09-2013, 10:12 AM
Jamie, are you a GG? If you are, it is not surprising they find you attractive, since they are straight they like GGs and you are a GG.

whats a GG?

Ava Tryptyk
11-09-2013, 10:34 AM
whats a GG?

A GG is a biological female. We (crossdressers) sometimes refer to each other as "girls" or "gurls", so when we want to specify that the person is an actual biological female, we use GG.

As for this topic, I think it is best to view crossdressing as something totally independent of sexual orientation. There are so many different reasons why a person could crossdress, so it's hard to make guesses without really knowing the person beforehand.

Jamie88
11-09-2013, 10:35 AM
oh ok, no I'm a boy

CarlaWestin
11-09-2013, 11:04 AM
so how exactly does it work being a straight cross dresser? When you're dressed do you feel like a lesbian? Do you get turned on by other crossers? I'm just curious cause I often get hit on by straight crossers and I'd just like alittle more insight on them. :)

As for this topic, I think it is best to view crossdressing as something totally independent of sexual orientation. There are so many different reasons why a person could crossdress, so it's hard to make guesses without really knowing the person beforehand.

Sveta, I believe you've answered the OP perfectly. Our sexual orientation is something we develope/discover on a related but different track.

Karren H
11-09-2013, 11:06 AM
I think its basically a plumbing problem.... not how your dressed.... lol. I'm straight because my wife says I am.... and marriage vows.... and a character flaw called devotion till death do us part.....

Jenniferathome
11-09-2013, 11:14 AM
I am a a heterosexual male at all times. I prefer only women (my wife) in my relationships. There is no switch that goes off in my head that when dressed I consider myself female. I'm a straight dude, who oddly likes to present as female on occasion.

Any "straight" cross dresser hitting on you is not straight. Straight has a real hard definition and it excludes homosexual action, regardless of dress. In your case, a gay or bi cross dresser is using cross dressing as an excuse to act on those gay or bi feelings but not admit themselves that they are, indeed, gay or bi.

GretchenJ
11-09-2013, 11:53 AM
When I am out as a male, I present as a very happily married, no not interested - thank you, male.

In the limited times I have been out as Gretchen, I present as a very happily married, no not interested- thank you, paranoid hypochondriac female

Violet-13
11-09-2013, 11:57 AM
I never really explored it my self I only have eyes for one person

Judith96a
11-09-2013, 12:17 PM
I think its basically a plumbing problem.... not how your dressed.... lol. I'm straight because my wife says I am.... and marriage vows.... and a character flaw called devotion till death do us part.....

Spoken like a true engineer, Karren, and I couldn't agree with you more!

Any "straight" cross dresser hitting on you is not straight. Straight has a real hard definition and it excludes homosexual action, regardless of dress. In your case, a gay or bi cross dresser is using cross dressing as an excuse to act on those gay or bi feelings but not admit themselves that they are, indeed, gay or bi.

Agreed but with a slight modification - Any "straight" cross dresser hitting on you while knowing that you are a cross dresser most certainly is not straight. Why the clarification? Simply because when I see someone who LOOKS like an attractive girl (e.g. Jennifer - sorry to 'pick' on you but you are! :o) I think, "SHE looks like someone I'd like to get to know" etc. When I discover / remember that this vision of loveliness is actually a cross dresser then the boy- girl attraction is replaced by something else - respect / admiration. It's not how you react to what you see that makes you gay / bi, it's how you react to what you know!

Lorileah
11-09-2013, 01:43 PM
Straight...liking the gender which has the opposite biological parts than you do. Straight Crossdresser - more than 50% of all crossdressers are attracted and will be with a GG (woman, genetic, with no penis). Straight Crossdressers who hit on other crossdressers- Biological impossibility. If you date a man with his male parts and you have sex with said man and you are a male with said parts then you are not a straight crossdresser no matter how many times you tell yourself you are..it is gay sex. If you dress as a chipmunk and have sex with someone dressed as a squirrel, you are not rodents. :facepalm: Men who date and have sex with men dressed as men are bi or gay.

Jackie7
11-10-2013, 10:38 AM
I am a straight hetero crossdresser, happily married to a supportive GG and out in our circle of friends. I love women and have always got on well with women, both when I am presenting as a guy and as a gurl. Our circle of friends includes a number of bisexual men, three of whom flirt with me when I am en femme but not when I am drab, and I flirt right back. I love the attention and the girly feeling. I think they are just being kind, nobody has actually invited me to bed, and if they did I'd probably decline politely. it's possible to keep it light and have fun while continuing to be exactly who you are.

themodsca
11-11-2013, 12:50 AM
very hetero....
guess im a closet lesbian

mykell
11-11-2013, 10:28 AM
hi jamie, im as new as you are here, cross dressed most of my life, married now many years, would love to-present as female with her but need to work up my courage, when i was younger though i always fantasized of being a girl while with a GG. have seen many CD who i am extremely jealous of, some i cant even tell, but would not be interested. ive only been registered for a day but feel so comfortable and free, wish i had found this sooner.

sweetshauna
11-11-2013, 10:47 AM
so far most replies go with what I think. Dressing does not change you're orientation. as for me, I am bi. wife knows all about it. but I've been with her for nearly 10 yrs. and only have eyes for her.
she did say that I could have a bf, but like I said I only have eyes for her. not saying that I don't notice a cute guy. Just cuz im limiting my diet, doesn't mean I cant check out the high calorie side of the menu.

Marleena
11-11-2013, 10:54 AM
These threads are always funny. Some of the Cders are super duper straight and tell us in each and every one of these type of threads. I wonder if their wives may be reading?:D

samanthasolo
11-11-2013, 10:54 AM
Jamie, even being a straight dresser does not negate the fact that we still have an attraction and admiration for others like ourselves that do in fact look and present on a very feminine plain! A pretty feminine image is a pretty feminine image! So you present beautifully, take it as a compliment. It does feel awesome even though on your end you do have a lesbian mindset when dressed. It is even more of a compliment when a GG compliments or maybe seems to hit on you knowing that you are a CD, and the funny thing about that is a Real Lesbian will not be the GG that is going to compliment or hit on you, you or a guy will be the last thought on thier mind. I am speaking pretty much from my own experiences and observations!

Roli F
11-11-2013, 11:41 AM
I as a male am attracted to female GG as my fem self am attracted to female LG cant help it

Lacyfem
11-11-2013, 11:49 AM
It is interesting how so many "so called heterosexual males" hit on crossdressers yet continue to say they are straight. Perhaps they look at us as women which is a nice thing but yet they know we have as someone said, the same plumbing which in my experiences they are very interested in. So if they feel better saying they are straight, who cares as it's fun being with them as they like to make you feel fem just like we want to feel on a date with them!

Marleena
11-11-2013, 11:49 AM
In defense of my CD friends, the majority are straight Jamie. We have had lots of threads like this and have come to some conclusions. There are gay smurfette dolphins and anybody that wears blue eye shadow would come under suspicion too.:heehee:

Some here are too quick to pass judgement and it really doesn't matter because we are all unique. Live and let live.:)

Tamara Croft
11-11-2013, 12:03 PM
Stop talking about me Marleena :slap:

Yes, I'm a gay smurfette dolphin and if any of you can't support that, be my guest and leave... If you want to be a lesbian when dressed, why the hell not, if you want to be a blow up doll pretending to be a gay dolphin, so be it... be supportive, not judgmental... I don't like it... I can help you leave... I have a big red button :D

robindee36
11-11-2013, 12:11 PM
OMG I feel so out of place reading these responses. Looks like we CD's who enjoy other CD's (or sometimes men) are sorely underrepresented here. I already know the label on my little box and am quite comfortable with it.

My limited experience is that the CD's I have encountered are closer to an even split vs 99% 'heterosexual' in their preference. Do we have a reluctance here to step up and embrace our preferences by clinging to the male 'I'm not homosexual' mantra? Or is my little box sparsely populated?

Quite puzzled about all this.

Hugs, Robin

Marleena
11-11-2013, 12:11 PM
I'm going to put on some blue eye shadow and dress up my blowup doll real sexy. High heels and stockings are a must!:battingeyelashes:

Tamara Croft
11-11-2013, 12:35 PM
But is it a gay blow up doll... that's the question, or is it a lesbian blow up doll trapped in a dolphins body... or... is it in denial and a holier than thou 'straight' blow up doll... ;)

Marleena
11-11-2013, 12:43 PM
Tamara it's a non-judgmental doll with interchangeable body parts. I can dress it anyway I want and do anything I want to it and it won't judge me. It will be happy.:)

Tamara Croft
11-11-2013, 12:44 PM
It won't be happy if you put blue eyeshadow on it... I'd slap you for that :raspp:

Marleena
11-11-2013, 12:45 PM
Oh yeah..I forgot! :)

Tamara Croft
11-11-2013, 01:16 PM
Next???????? :D

robindee36
11-11-2013, 01:56 PM
Just one minute here girls. I am partial to blue eye shadow, whether its currently en vogue or not. Wear it often as it compliments my eye color and complexion. Now, its not for everyone, but I like it and it looks good on me ;)

No way am I going to contemplate commenting on the inflatables or aquatic life. All I will say is "Ain't nothing like the real thing, baby" ;)

Hugs, Robin

Eryn
11-11-2013, 02:08 PM
Folks, let's get this thread back on track. Just in case you forgot, the original question was:

so how exactly does it work being a straight cross dresser? When you're dressed do you feel like a lesbian? Do you get turned on by other crossers? I'm just curious cause I often get hit on by straight crossers and I'd just like a little more insight on them. :)

My response is that my dressing is not sexual in nature. When I'm out and about dressed I'm so interested in social interactions that sexual interactions aren't really thought of. I do not get turned on by other CDers but I do enjoy their company, since they truly understand what I feel. In many ways being out dressed is a bit of a vacation because I do not have to play the male role, which always has a sexually aggressive undercurrent about it.

Briana90802
11-11-2013, 02:38 PM
Strangely enough whenever I go out as a boy I get hit on by boys. So one of theses day I want to go out as girl and see what happens.

mary something
11-11-2013, 02:54 PM
okay, back to the topic. My experience has been that it seems most of the internet variety of crossdressers are straight as a board lol, the cross dressers I've met in real life however try really hard to make sure that they have given me their number, email address, etc lol!

Straight as a dog's hind leg? Or maybe the wives are reading like Marleena said ;)

ReineD
11-11-2013, 02:58 PM
Who somebody finds attractive isn't down to sex but gender. A Gynephile is attracted to someone presenting in a feminine way. I recently watched a programme on Thai Lady boys and British men who were their partners. These men don't consider themselves to be 'gay' but they are attracted to women who in many cases still have male genitals.

While this may be true for you, with all due respect it is not true for males who are not into the CDing community. Such a gynephile would be freaked out if he found out that the person whom he thought was a woman turned out to have male genitals. There would be no more attraction after that, just repulsion. Of course, there are the few very fortunate pre-op TSs who are stealth and for whom there is absolutely no outward hint they were born male outside the bedroom, and so it is understandable if she is pretty and turns guys' heads that they would have no idea she was born male. But all bets would be off should they ever find themselves in bed with her.

And the Admirers who are into CDs or pre-op TSs aren't exactly straight. These guys are not attracted to genetic women, because GGs don't have the one thing that CDers or pre-ops have, which is a penis.

And then there are the CDers who are into each other. They are not exactly straight either, if everyone knows they were all born male. :p

So it is very much about a person's sex, fundamentally, since no one can hide their genitals when it's time to be intimate. This is when the proverbial truth comes out.

mary something
11-11-2013, 03:03 PM
This is when the proverbial truth comes out.

it depends on how much hrt and how sexy the other person is most likely whether the truth would spring forward boldly or if it would slowly and reticently come forth

Jaylyn
11-11-2013, 03:18 PM
I am straight I really believe that. Surely after 62 years here in this world I would know that. I simply enjoy dressing and dressing to the max. There are articles of the feminine attire that attract me more than others.. I love heels and hose, lipstick and wearing silky type dresses and slips. I even have participated a few times with blue eye shadow... Now to the questions, I fantasize about sometimes being and feeling as a woman. I have been with another woman and GG when I was fully dressed. It was my wife and I have participated in just about every fantasy she or I have had. Some sexual fantasies, some play acting and role playing, and some brought about by alcohol. We have as said tried many many sexual activities. We grew up in the real "Hippie Times". A time of protest and fixing the world thru love. You haven't lived till you are at a love festival similar to Woodstock. So here's my answer to all the questions you posed. I can't say I'm 100% straight due to some crazy things in earlier days all though I am 100% now. I can't say I am dreaming of being a lesbian but have made love to my wife while dressed to the max as a fantasy of hers. I do know I love the male things in life and enjoy the activities men do. I dress because it just plain feels good emotionally and physically. Life is too short not to enjoy a few days just dressed to the max, but those exact words can be said about hunting, fishing, and working on the ranch. So you can call me or label me any way you want but I am still either a Jay or Jaylyn almost 100% of the time. This is a very tough question.

MssHyde
11-11-2013, 03:58 PM
I am a a heterosexual male at all times. I prefer only women (my wife) in my relationships. There is no switch that goes off in my head that when dressed I consider myself female. I'm a straight dude, who oddly likes to present as female on occasion.

I have to agree with this perspective.. I had a crossdresser that claimed would be a lesbian. (only attracted to women) really hit on me, the response was, they liked everything about me. I really was turning them on. (his/ her words.)

I was quite creeped out, I was just being friendly, found my leg being felt and told about new found inner feelings for me.

maybe I opened the door somehow but the thoughts they had were very sexual, I'm 5-8 small framed, pay a lot attention to detail. I guess I ended up being the right button pusher for something ready to surface.

Katie Russell
11-12-2013, 04:54 AM
Hi Reine

The point I was trying to make is that males who find females attractive could still find a CD attractive if they did not know they were a CD. This is why Jamie maybe being approached. As you say what happens once the discovery is made is another thing but finding a CD attractive does not make you homosexual or bisexual.

I'm not attracted to all women and could quite easily be freaked out and even 'repulsed' by the approach of a GG. Equally I would not welcome the attentions of a male. I do not find the male body attractive but I do see some of the avatars here and think that the person is attractive knowing that they are male. As I said finding someone attractive and actually doing something about it are two entirely different things. I do not think that finding a CD attractive makes me a homosexual or bisexual but my behaviour could best be described as gynephilia as it is the femininity that I find attractive in the first instance.

My guess is that the men in Thailand do not consider themselves as homosexual. The majority of the sexual acts in which they participate in are not exclusive to same sex behaviour. I can't imagine that they would want a relationship with a man even though technically their partners are still men.

It really depends on your definition of homosexuality. It seems to boil down to having a penis or not. My cousin is gay and does not find women attractive, he likes men. Is someone who find women attractive but in a relationship with a pre-op TG also gay but straight post op? It's a very difficult subject and full of variations. I think to label people is very difficult and the best person to decide is yourself.

Katie

Katie

Lorileah
11-12-2013, 12:39 PM
I wanna see the CD who can fool a male enough to be mistaken as a GG. I think those would be as rare as fine diamonds in the dust. I have met a few TS's who, after a lot of surgery, would be unnoticed but never ever a CD. If a man is that naive he deserves to be fooled. And wasn't the OP about being attracted, as a CD, to other CDs? If you are attracted to other CDs you KNOW that there are male parts under there and if you continue to pursue that and end up in bed...it is GAY sex. And no you can't be a lesbian having sex with a woman because I know that 99.99% of you would use your male part for penetration on said woman which would make it STRAIGHT sex. I dare any one of you to approach a lesbian and say "Hi when I dress like this I am a lesbian". I would stand arms length away if I were you

ReineD
11-12-2013, 01:29 PM
As you say what happens once the discovery is made is another thing but finding a CD attractive does not make you homosexual or bisexual.

As Lori says, there are virtually no CDs who can be mistaken for a GG even if they look attractive. If there is a sexual attraction, the person who is attracted is not exactly straight. A straight guy would be repulsed even by the most attractive CDs.

And yes there is a difference between thinking that someone is aesthetically beautiful (attractive) and being sexually attracted to them. But the OP specifically asked about being "turned on" by other CDers which to me means a sexual attraction.