PDA

View Full Version : Finally a bad experiance

Rachelakld
11-09-2013, 03:23 PM
So it started on the way in to McDonalds for my morning coffee, had to step over bikes dumped inside the entrance.
After ordering coffee I had to pass 3 teens (16-17 at a guess) who thought I might be a target for their hassles and started to get a bit lippy. After sitting down with the newspaper and getting my coffee, one of the 3 decided to throw a light piece of plastic my way.
2 boys made themselves scarce as I approached and advised them to behave.

While I got praised from other patrons, I really wanted to take the subject further with 2 of them, but the police probably would have not seen my point of view and I'ld be banned from McDonalds not to mention getting bad news paper reviews for all CDers.

Stacycdinma
11-09-2013, 03:27 PM
So sorry that happened. Seems to me you took the best course of action. The other patrons seemed to agree

RADER
11-09-2013, 03:29 PM
Good for you; The Bulling in this world has gone far enough, Society has gotten tired of it.
I am glad you stood up to those teens.
BTW... You look very nice.
Rader

Linda E. Woodworth
11-09-2013, 04:46 PM
While I agree that confronting the teens was called for I might suggest also getting the police involved. They started it and escalated the confrontation when they threw a lighted object at you. That was more than simple name calling. I do hope you complained to the manager. I suspect your business is much more than the teenagers could ever provide.

Megan Thomas
11-09-2013, 05:04 PM
I suspect your business is much more than the teenagers could ever provide.

Don't count on it. In the UK all the kids seem to hang out at fast food joints. That said, I do admire the OP's response.

Ressie
11-09-2013, 05:32 PM
While I agree that confronting the teens was called for I might suggest also getting the police involved. They started it and escalated the confrontation when they threw a lighted object at you.

Linda, I read that as a light piece of plastic, not a lighted object. Hardly a reason to call the police. In fact I would have laughed at the little tikes to let them know I wasn't affected by them.

KristyE
11-09-2013, 06:03 PM
Well played! Love Kristy

Judith96a
11-09-2013, 06:33 PM
Yeah, well played indeed. And anti-social behaviour is plenty of reason to get the police involved.

SometimesJen
11-09-2013, 07:14 PM
A little verbiage and a small piece of plastic is hardly reason to involve the police. It sounds like you made quite the impression on the teens, and others, just by confronting them. They'll probably think twice before doing it again knowing they may be put in their place by a woman, hardly the image they want to have. I'll agree with the other patrons - well played.

BLUE ORCHID
11-09-2013, 08:02 PM
Hi Rachel, That is a reflection of poor parenting it happens all over.

kimdl93
11-09-2013, 08:23 PM
You handled it well. Teenagers need guidance.

Beverley Sims
11-10-2013, 12:30 AM
Rachel,
There are some parts of Auckland I would not park my car in, even in the daytime.
When I have visited some of the Maori population I have been invited to park my car inside.
"Puha and Pakeha" explains it all.

Rachelakld
11-10-2013, 03:43 AM
Thanks ladies, I've lived most of my life around these kids, and being 1 of 3 white skins at a school of 600 I'm used to their BS.
While calling the police would be over the top, I really wanted to play a game with the mouth that would wind him up enough so I would have the excuse of self defence

Marcelle
11-10-2013, 09:10 AM
Hi Rachel,

Well executed. I find that in the case of young teen boys, the minute you confront they tend to skulk away leaving a few holding the bag and they are easy to disarm with some well chosen words.

Hugs

Isha

Sarah Beth
11-10-2013, 09:23 AM
I like how you handle the situation. It seems to me like more and more kids have no manners or respect anymore.

I also have to wonder where the managers of these places are when this type of thing is going on. They have to at some point realize this is bad for business.