PDA

View Full Version : Acceptance at the IPMS Telford.

AnntoAnn
11-09-2013, 07:11 PM
I don't think I have ever seen so many "Gurls" in one place without it being a meet or parade! I went to the IPMS Model show at the Telford Centre and spotted quite a few CD/TV. I did not dress myself but felt glad that others did and that such a male dominated event gladly accepted them. I saw no one react in any way that was hostile or rude. How many of you out there are also avid scale model enthusiasts?

heellover
11-09-2013, 07:20 PM
I'm an avid HO scale train enthusiast! Does that count!? LOL
That being said,I don't think I have ever seen a CD/TV at any of the countless model train shows/meets I've been to.(dressed anyway!)

BLUE ORCHID
11-09-2013, 07:49 PM
Hi H. L. , There was a vendor at the great scale model train show in Timonium Maryland
a couple years ago that was clearly a crossdresser .

Hi Ann, You look like you would blend in perfectly.

joanna4
11-09-2013, 07:53 PM
I've had a HO scale set when I was younger. I would have totally gone dressed to that event. That's great to hear that no one was rude or hostile.

Beverley Sims
11-10-2013, 12:35 AM
Who wants to look at other CD'ers when there are other such terrific displays to look at.
Go to a Tri Ess meet for that.:)

Trish
11-10-2013, 08:19 AM
I'm beyond being an avid scale model enthusiasts. Model cars and real one's (9) are my obsession. At this time I have a room with over 500, 1/25 scale model cars on display.

Marcelle
11-10-2013, 08:32 AM
Hi Anne,

Used to have a model train once and then got into diorama (WW2) reconstructions. BTW . . . love your avatar pic.

Hugs

Isha