PDA

View Full Version : unexpected

sara_also
12-31-2005, 05:23 PM
The wife and i went to breakfast this morning. After, we decided to stop by the thrift shop just to see whats new. WEll I wound up with a pair of heels, a skirt, and three delicious tops all for $24 dollars.
I hope all are going to have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Sara

celeste26
12-31-2005, 06:21 PM
I wonder just what there might be in a Las Vegas thrift store? Left over costumes from the strip? Maybe those sky high headdresses?

Unfortunately I also know enough about Las Vegas to know there are many quite ordinary folks there who dont wear such things. Keep your eyes open though.

serinalynn
12-31-2005, 06:40 PM
Well I don't shop at thrift stores:eek: as I don't like wearing something someone else has worn. It's gotta be new or I womt wear it. Sorry thats just the way I am.:thumbsup:

suanne
12-31-2005, 06:59 PM
Happy New Year to you Sara. The Thrift Store is a good place to pick up nice stuff. A little cleaning and it's like new. I hope this fits with the thread. I have purged many times. I really hated to part with my things and I didn't want to just throw them away. Well.....I would bag em up and put them at the Thrift Store colledction area just hoping someone else could use them. I haven't done that in a long while. But if you ever get the un-urge and want to pitch you girlie things. Maybe drop them off at a Thrift Store collection box. Girls like Sara and I just might be looking for a bargin.:D

Suanne

Holly
12-31-2005, 07:12 PM
Sara, congratulations on your most recent purchases. Some of the things I've seen in thrift stores are immaculate! My wife and I used to own and run a "gently worn" store for childrens clothing. Kids grow so fast that they will outgrow clothing before they can wear it out. Enjoy your new purchases, Sara... and a most happy new year to you and Pegi as well.

Rikki Elisabeth
12-31-2005, 07:55 PM
I will [upon occasion] check out the upscale resale shops. They seem to be big in this area. They have some really expensive labeled clothing.