PDA

View Full Version : Time out timeing

Megan72
11-10-2013, 11:24 AM
I just had a random thought...I do that from time to time. I see many posts when us ladies either venture out for the first time or we tend to only feel comfortable late at night. I understand the thought behind this, less people to notice and make us.

Consider this in the reverse, if there are only a few people out and me, I become more of a sight because there are less people. If there are thousands of people out and about, I think it is easier to blend in. Getting lost in a crowd if you will. Think about the zoo, if there is only one elephant out and about, everyone will look at it, but if all the animals are out all the attention is divided and people keep moving on.

I Am Paula
11-10-2013, 11:42 AM
You couldn't be righter. Hiding in plain sight works the best. A busy mall, specially now that Xmas shopping is in full swing, will get you ignored.

Megan72
11-10-2013, 11:46 AM
I heard a long time go an interesting mantra, more obvious is less obvious. Seems to fit here although the origins were not about gender presentation.

Chari
11-10-2013, 11:49 AM
IMO it also depends on the individual, their attire, makeup, hairstyle, and definitely attitude! If you look, move, act, present yourself as feminine as possible, and are comfortable and confident - no matter the location or time of day/night, you have a better chance to "blend in".

Beverley Sims
11-10-2013, 11:57 AM
Quoting Paula, and correcting her grandma.
You couldn't be corrector.
I advocate the mall in the afternoon before school breaks.
I hate teenagers and their sharp eyes.
The middle of the night at Walmart is not really the most choice time or place to be.
You stand out like a deer in the headlights. :)

kimdl93
11-10-2013, 01:35 PM
Totally right on. Not only is it easier to blend in a crowd, but the solitary individuals out at late night are far more likely to be either intoxicated or up to no good.

CynthiaD
11-10-2013, 02:22 PM
I almost never go out at night, but I've been out many times during the day. I don't drink or go to bars, so there isn't much to do at night for me. As for going out to some dark deserted place dressed as a woman ... ah no! There's too many creeps out there.

AllieSF
11-10-2013, 05:20 PM
I understand the safety in numbers and thinking that one may blend in better. Now, if you are talking about very late at night outings, walking around a deserted park or shopping mall, I agree. However, I believe that going out at night for a walk among other people during a time when those other people will be out, works a lot better that the very not walk in an empty area approach and better that going out in broad daylight. At night things are dimmer, there are shadows, not only away from the lights but also on the face, which help to hide some male features. There is also that inner sense of security (maybe a false one) of being less identifiable as a man in women's clothing. That is important just to give the first timer enough courage to step out that door in the first place. If one also picks a venue that might be LGBT friendly then they can reasonably expect some mutual support and security. Being out in the bright sun of the day will reveal most flaws and male telltales. Now, if one has the courage for a daytime outing, the more power to them and by all means do that.

CarlaWestin
11-10-2013, 05:32 PM
I've found over the many years that it's easier to blend in in places where there's more motion. Busy sidewalks, malls, grocery stores. It's where the motion slows or stops that people get an opportunity to notice their surroundings.

Helen_Highwater
11-10-2013, 07:03 PM
Think about the zoo, if there is only one elephant out and about, everyone will look at it, but if all the animals are out all the attention is divided and people keep moving on.

It could also be that you're the elephant in the room but I know what Megan is saying. At present I feel more comfortable being out at night but in places were there are folk going about their normal evening business. Numbers and less harsh light of day issues.

Cynthia Anne
11-10-2013, 08:09 PM
I agree! When there is a crowd it's much easier to disappear! I do all my shopping in broad daylight! Never seem to have a problem!