PDA

View Full Version : Slowly getting more comfortable being seen.

UNDERDRESSER
11-10-2013, 05:36 PM
I've being slowly getting more comfortable letting myself be seen wearing skirts, so the other day the GF's Dad came over briefly to drop off some stuff. He called ahead, so I had time to change, but didn't. He came to the door, before the GF and him took the stuff to the garage. "Hang on, I'll get some shoes on." I said, "I've got it." said the GF, "You're not really dressed for it!" was all he said, with a bit of a grin. It was cold out so he had a point. No comments so far. I'm planning on taking a skirt when we go over to their place for Christmas. Family is pretty open minded, fairly certain little will be said other than maybe some compliments, and jealous mutterings from GF. I got this skirt for only $2, it's a lovely lined wool skirt in a diagonal plaid, looks vaguely kilt like. GF expressed strong desire to swipe it and take the waist in so she could wear it!

LelaK
11-10-2013, 07:06 PM
How long have you been acclimating to outing yourself? Are you going to need bigger challenges than your family and inlaws? If so, when might you go for that? How do you feel being out?

Cynthia Anne
11-10-2013, 08:03 PM
That sounds like a big step! It's great to have friends that are accepting! Hope things keep going smooth for you!

Beverley Sims
11-11-2013, 12:18 AM
Don't kid yourself...
Skirts are not kilts or even kilt like.
A wrap around check patterned pleated woolen skirt would be the closest to kilt like.

UNDERDRESSER
11-11-2013, 02:26 AM
How long have you been acclimating to outing yourself? Are you going to need bigger challenges than your family and inlaws? If so, when might you go for that? How do you feel being out?About 4 months, since we moved into the new place. I'd like to be able to go to work in a skirt, basically, wherever I want to go. I think I'll be allowed to wear it to work, but not totally sure, and the customers may make some comments, not sure my skin is thick enough. It's about 100% that a kilt will be a go, as others have worn Utilikilts already. I will probably be getting a Mountain Hardwear hiking kilt. Just to be clear, I'm talking about wearing a skirt in male mode, these days I have little interest in the idea of fully dressing, not trying to look like a female. I am fairly calm about the in-laws knowing, the GF was pretty certain they wouldn't object. I just had to get up the nerve to do it.
That sounds like a big step! It's great to have friends that are accepting! Hope things keep going smooth for you!Thanks! So far, the GF knows, (of course) my friends upstairs know, (he is also my landlord) some of the neighbours have seen me, but not sure they actually comprehended what they were looking at. Now my "in-laws" know, I assume he told his wife...
Don't kid yourself...
Skirts are not kilts or even kilt like.
A wrap around check patterned pleated woolen skirt would be the closest to kilt like.Not kidding myself, I don't think he identified it as a kilt for even a moment. It does have a kilt like air about it. I used that description to give an idea of what I was wearing.

I'm experimenting with looks and and accessorizing, trying to find a style that works for me, I want something that works as a skirt, but doesn't try to exaggerate a feminine shape that I don't have, and don't want. At the same time, I'd like it to draw attention to my legs. Ladies mini skirts don't look right, not quite. I'm considering an Indian style tunic, worn long, as a sort of male dress. Such outfits are usually worn in India with loose, straight leg pants, thinking of a look that would work using stockings or leggings instead.