PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressing 101?

Kate Simmons
11-11-2013, 11:01 AM
Since we have a lot of experienced CDers here, the thought came into my head what I would do if writing an instruction manual for the new folks out there. What kind of manual would you write if you decided to and how would the chapters be laid out? :)

Karren H
11-11-2013, 11:18 AM
Don't as an engineer to write a manual..... even a crossdressing one.... unless you want to know which foundation primer has the lowest friction coefficient and the eye lash radius produced by different curlers! lol

LelaK
11-11-2013, 11:20 AM
Chapter 1. Crossdressing is about good taste, if you're MtF
Chapter 2. Getting courage to be "Yourself"
Chapter 3. Going Public, or semi-public
Chapter 4. Good Relationships
Chapter 5. How CDs changed History (to Herstory)
Chapter 6. The Future: Genetic Engineering for Shapeshifting

P.S. Chapter 7. CD Humor/Horror Stories

Chari
11-11-2013, 11:24 AM
Many books as well as videos are readily available now, and to add to that confusing collection, it is doubtful if another instructional device would help "new folks out there" or become a best seller.

Kate Simmons
11-11-2013, 11:28 AM
I realkize that Chari. I have some myself. I just wanted to see what the folks here would say if they wrote one. This is for fun mostly. :battingeyelashes::)

robindee36
11-11-2013, 11:46 AM
My take is there would be as many variants to the book layout as we have girls here. While there is certainly much commonality in our avocation, I believe we travel many different paths to the same destination. Attempting to codify it in some manual for the new cross dresser would be, at best, a variety of anecdotes from our experiences.

Think I will throw in with Karren on this one and add the need to stipulate the angular momentum of the hips in an ideal walk as well as the change in potential energy related to heel height.

One PE to another ;)

Hugs, Robin

Tamara Croft
11-11-2013, 12:23 PM
Chapter 8. How not to be judgmental to those who are gay smurfette dolphins
Chapter 9. How not to be judgmental to those who do not show their face
Chapter 10. How not to be judgmental to those who are gay
Chapter 11. Pink fog, how not to get dragged into it

The above chapters I keep reading here, so many judgmental people judging others on how/what they are.

Kate Simmons
11-11-2013, 12:28 PM
I know Tam, I never take myself that seriously really with my dressing. I would add a chapter on just how to have fun en femme. :)

Roli F
11-11-2013, 12:59 PM
yes chapter 21 the higher the heel the further you can fall
be careful out there

binx
11-11-2013, 01:20 PM
What bathroom do I use? : Know your TG rights
The Importance of Neutral Tones in Fashion
Come out of the Closet!
It's ok to Stay in the Closet!
Inspirational Crusaders : How Women in Pants Became Socially Acceptable
Blue Eyeshadow : Friend or Foe?

Gigi
11-11-2013, 01:27 PM
foe. definitely. but i have green eyes. :battingeyelashes:

Wildaboutheels
11-11-2013, 01:36 PM
At least one chapter, [maybe the first one?] should be devoted to/entitled LOVE. So many MYTHS circulate here at this very Forum routinely, and the worst of all IMO is that LOVE conquers all. As in, if someone reallllllly loves you, they will accept your CDing. It's really not a big deal. And that CDing alone can't ruin a Relationship.

Obviously another chapter should be entitled BEANS and explain that spilling the Beans to a loved one of any type is neither necessary nor mandatory for every CD on the planet, no matter how many times it is repeated here. It should be obvious that it's probably a good idea for any CDer who thinks about transitioning 24/7.

Of course no CDing book of any type, would not have a chapter entitled something to the effect of "The Folly of Shame and Guilt". Humans are no different than any other animal. We have no control over how and why our vision affects us and/or turns us on. Or off for that matter. Feeling bad or guilty about something we have no control over is an exercise in futility.

Those 3 would be at least a good start for most I believe.

Undoubtedly the Introduction should cover the whole "Passing" issue and make it clear that there are no documented Humans at this time who can READ MINDS. Just because people treat you decently and respectfully does not mean one "passed" and that they thought you were a woman. [for most here] Because one can NEVER know for sure, it makes no sense to obsess over "passing".

Erica Marie
11-11-2013, 01:48 PM
Chapter 13, how to fasten a bra without tangling the straps
Chapter 14, how to use those dang left handed zippers
Chapter 15, how to be the girl you were suppose to be

binx
11-11-2013, 02:01 PM
Obviously another chapter should be entitled BEANS and explain that spilling the Beans to a loved one of any type is neither necessary nor mandatory for every CD on the planet, no matter how many times it is repeated here. It should be obvious that it's probably a good idea for any CDer who thinks about transitioning 24/7.

First off, LOL at "Obviously another chapter should be entitled BEANS".. That's just a funny sounding sentence!

I won't say that it should be mandatory to spill the beans in all situations, but I think it would be worth a chapter to give some different perspectives on IF you should tell and the possible benefits/disadvantages and advice on how to tell if the CDer felt it was something they really wanted to do. Options, choices, etc ALL presented.

I would call that chapter-

Accidental Discoveries vs Outing on Your Own Terms vs Your Forever Secret

Many a relationship has been through hell and back as a result of intentionally spilt beans, but you can say the same for beans stumbled upon unexpectedly by an SO and stress caused by such secretive, well-hidden beans.

suchacutie
11-11-2013, 03:15 PM
This is an interesting idea, and it's already bringing a lot of thoughts to light. My first attempt:

1) Since you are reading this, how do you get your head around your feelings?
2) Who am I right now, and where does this fit in my life?
3) How do I buy clothes?
4) How do I buy/use all the accessories? (this would include breastforms, padding, tucking, etc)
5) Makeup A to Z
6) Now that I might look more feminine, how do I act the part?
7) Should I bring the show on the road? (closet or public?)
8) What does it mean to share my other gender with other people, and just how do I do that?
9) Now that I have begun to understand my other gender, how do I keep it all in perspective?
10) If I'm going to move mostly to my new gender, what issues might I face?
11) Gender preference vs. sexual preference.
12) The subtleties of daily life in a transgendered world.

I think I could cover most topics in these 12 chapters. None of them would be short. This would be a rather thick volume!

Thanks for the idea to think about my selves from this perspectie, Kate.

Cynthia Anne
11-11-2013, 03:44 PM
I would not want to write a manual! If I did then I would be expected to read it! That's like instructions on any thing! Who takes the time to read them???????????? Just saying!

Vickie_CDTV
11-11-2013, 03:53 PM
A manual my not be practical... however, a crossdressing wiki would be a great idea. A way to share information on various subjects that everyone can contribute to. Everything from different ways to cover a beard, to how to stretch shoes for those who are difficult to fit, to how to fit a girdle to a male body, and on and on and on.

NicoleScott
11-11-2013, 03:57 PM
"How to Crossdress"

Chapter 1

Buy some dresses, skirts tops, lingerie, shoes, wigs, makeup, and jewelery.

Chapter 2

Dress when, as often, as long, and how you want.

The End

Karren H
11-11-2013, 04:08 PM
Chapter 3 - Womans Jeans ... The truth and how to avoid being entrapped...

Lexi Moralas
11-11-2013, 05:45 PM
Chapter 1) join cross dressers . Com because there are so many experienced girls here that a new
Be can easily find all the information and support she needs to get moving from some one who already learned the hard way.
No matter what kind of cding she is into.
Chapter 2) refer to chapter one
Lol seriously I love you girls !

julia marie
11-11-2013, 05:59 PM
Chapter Number X (I've lost track): How not to worry about whether someone makes you as a guy in a skirt
Chapter Number Y: How to get through the mall without touching your wallet (Suggestions from all CDs welcome)
Chapter Number Z: How right handers can actually use their left for tasks like applying nail polish

Nikki A.
11-11-2013, 06:51 PM
Chapter 42 I have a closet of clothes and nothing to wear

chrissy111
11-11-2013, 07:14 PM
The book forward should be, Be honest and tell your so upfront about your lifestyle.

Maria 60
11-11-2013, 07:44 PM
Chapter 1 Crossdressing is what makes you feel your best.
Chapter 2 Don't waste time trying to figure it out when you can use that time to enjoy it.
Chapter 3 Get ready to go through many emotions:happiness,frustration,nervous,joy,excitem ent,sadness etc.etc.etc.

Deedee Skyblue
11-11-2013, 08:29 PM
"How to Crossdress"

Chapter 1

Buy some dresses, skirts tops, lingerie, shoes, wigs, makeup, and jewelery.

Chapter 2

Dress when, as often, as long, and how you want.

The End

Chapter 1 should include 2 rules:

1. Get your own stuff
2. If you are tempted to wear clothes belonging to a GG without her permission, see rule 1.

Deedee

RADER
11-11-2013, 08:48 PM
Just use a lot of pictures, They are worth a thousand words.
Don't listen to Karren; I would put in 3 chapters on how to dress with
jeans or Denim in general.
Rader

MysticLady
11-11-2013, 08:58 PM
:straightface:..............................

AmyGaleRT
11-11-2013, 09:58 PM
Hmm...here's how I might organize such a work.

Chapter 1: I'm A Crossdresser! What Does That Mean?
Covers the basic definitions, terminology, and frequently-asked questions.
Chapter 2: Sharing the Secret
Who to tell? When? How? Go a little more in-depth about telling your SO.
Chapter 3: Fashion Forward
Fashion for the crossdresser, including tips on how to fit clothes and information about forms, gaffs, pads, and other worn items. (Special subsection on shoes!)
Chapter 4: The Body Beautiful
Topics such as skin care, hair removal, dieting, and modifications such as ear piercing.
Chapter 5: It's All About Face
Makeup! Techniques and products for the discerning crossdresser.
Chapter 6: The Crowning Glory
Hair and wigs.
Chapter 7: Finishing Touches
Jewelry and accessories to enhance your feminine appearance.
Chapter 8: Girls On Film
Photography tips for looking your best!
Chapter 9: A Woman of the World
Why you might--or might not--want to go out en femme! Tips for acting feminine: walk, voice, and so forth. Where to go, and where not to.
Chapter 10: Help For the Crossdresser
Organizations that can help: local groups, online groups (like this forum!), transformation studios, etc.
Chapter 11: When Dressing is Not Enough
Transsexualism, the steps to transitioning, hormones and surgery.
Appendix: Further Reading
Other books and online sources that may help you in your quest.

Beverley Sims
11-11-2013, 10:04 PM
Before I start, I have to find the text,
"What every man needs to know about women."
It is a companion to,
"What every man knows about women."
Both seem to be out of print these days.

NicoleScott
11-12-2013, 09:39 AM
Chapter 1 should include 2 rules:

1. Get your own stuff
2. If you are tempted to wear clothes belonging to a GG without her permission, see rule 1.

Deedee

I strongly agree, and would add that you should get your own makeup, too.

Jackie7
11-12-2013, 10:52 AM
Catch oops chapter 22: how and why to budget for two complete wardrobes and a third so your SO can keep up, learn how to maintain all of your clothes guy and girl, now put in the time, effort and expense to keep all of you looking good most of the time.

Chapter 23. Detailed illustrated tutorials how to hand wash, how to machine wash, how to do your girl laundry inside the closet, how to hang and store everything, how to sew and glue. Dyeing in the closet and why you can't get a good black using RIT.

drushin703
11-12-2013, 11:56 AM
a carefully crafted and well thought out index of all the people who helped me
along in this difficult journey. And all those who hurt me.

bobbimo
11-12-2013, 12:46 PM
On the front page there needs to be this disclaimer.
"There is no known cure for cross dressing! Once you you slip your leg in a pair of pantyhose, you fate is sealed and you can never ever go back. Continue at your own risk"
Bobbi

Gigi
11-12-2013, 09:15 PM
Amy-
wow girl, you got this all figured out!! :)

NicoleScott
11-13-2013, 08:23 AM
AmyGale, the first 10 chapters were well thought out and organized. Good job. But you went too far. Chatper 11 isn't about crossdressing.

Ginger Maxim
11-13-2013, 09:49 AM
Since we have a lot of experienced CDers here, the thought came into my head what I would do if writing an instruction manual for the new folks out there. What kind of manual would you write if you decided to and how would the chapters be laid out? :)
I personally would love a Crossdressing 101 for dummies. No offence, but I have not a clue on where to start... Without a sole in my life to help me, it would benefit me 100%... From the simplest things all the way up... and I mean the simplest things...

Gigi
11-13-2013, 06:58 PM
AmyGale, the first 10 chapters were well thought out and organized. Good job. But you went too far. Chatper 11 isn't about crossdressing.

I thought about this. Sometimes people seek out these books to help understand their feelings, and maybe someone may think they are a crossdresser but discover perhaps that they really feel something deeper than part-time dressing. I think it definitely deserves it's own book, but a chapter over-viewing it at the end could potentially help to place the person on the TG spectrum (ie, "oh well, now i really feel like i am a crossdresser and not wanting to go further" or "well, after reading it I would like to learn more about that topic because I feel like maybe my feelings are more inline with being a transexual")

just a thought.

AmyGaleRT
11-13-2013, 09:57 PM

It's closely-related, so it probably deserves a mention in the book. But, really, you could write a whole book just about transsexualism, so that chapter would probably just skim the surface of the subject, and have plenty of citations for further reading in the Appendix. (In my role as a group organizer, I try to be sensitive to the issues affecting my TS sisters even though I'm not TS myself.)

- Amy

Patsy Ann
12-04-2013, 06:14 PM
That is a fabulous idea It would be a must read for me

sheilagirl
12-04-2013, 06:47 PM
So very true Lexi. Crossdressers.com is really the "Go-To Book" for me. It can truly set you free. Finally some sanity and just a little insanity makes for the perfect mix of a lot of Great Girls. Gotta question? Just ask. There's always someone here to listen and try to help or at the very least, offer some "interesting" insights. THANKS Crossdrssers.com.
Chapter 1) join cross dressers . Com because there are so many experienced girls here that a new
Be can easily find all the information and support she needs to get moving from some one who already learned the hard way.
No matter what kind of cding she is into.
Chapter 2) refer to chapter one
Lol seriously I love you girls !