PDA

View Full Version : Been gone for a while, and back with some news

Charlotte1987
11-11-2013, 01:42 PM
Well I have not posted in a month or so because a lot has happened. First off I was excited to go out for holloween but that did not happen. On october 28 2013 I lost my little baby puppy. She was on her leash and slipped it running directly in front of a car. Me and my wife watched as our beloved gracie was hit and killed, the driver never stopping or slowing down. It wasnt his fault but it would have been nice to tell them that. She was killed instantly and was not mangled... just gone. This was very hard for me and my wife. We have no children and she was our baby. Sorry for the sad post but the second half is way better I promise...

fast forward to last saturday night....

My wife told me that I was going out dressed wether i liked it or not. So I got dressed and we drove down town. We intended to go into a bar for a little while but I chickened out. So I waled back and forth in front of the bar so I could pass people and see their reaction. Mostly nothing but smiles... however this one gay guy (I only mention that because he was awsome and I love gay people) stopped in front of me and my wife and gave us both a big hug and said "you only live one and I love it" gave us both kisses on the cheek and slapped my ass as he walked away saying beautiful in my ear. Now I know he spotted me but it was fun and it felt great. After that we went to a cvs to get some snacks and the cashier was kinda freakin out looking at me with a wtf expression on her face. Made me nervous but made me laugh too. Oh and almost forgot to mention that I waxed my arms and legs... it kicks ass and I love it, but I now know why women are cold all the time. Hair makes a diference I guess. Anyways this is long and crazy sorry for the typos and crappy grammer posted on my phone

love yall

Charlotte xoxo

Beverley Sims
11-11-2013, 01:48 PM
Charlotte,
You are experimenting and working out your limits.
Stay careful and enjoy what you do.

sperow2003
11-11-2013, 03:07 PM
Respect to you Charlotte. Brilliant story.

Tracii G
11-11-2013, 03:59 PM
Just have fun with it and don't sweat the small stuff.

kimdl93
11-11-2013, 04:09 PM
Glad I hear that your wife saw to it that you got out. Next time, don't just hang in the sweet, go in and have fun. The two of you are great!

Bria
11-11-2013, 04:28 PM
Charlotte, sorry to hear about the loss of your baby puppy. We certainly do get attacheds to our pets, as much as some of us might deni it. I hope you can find a new baby puppy to fill your loss. Bria

CarlaWestin
11-11-2013, 04:30 PM
Charlotte, I nearly cried twice reading your post. My wwife and I lost our little Bud about two years ago and there's still a big empty. We love all our pets because they're family. And, I am always amazed at the compassion of strangers. People are generally good as your experience has shown. Have peace.

Maria 60
11-11-2013, 08:03 PM
That is a great story, it takes a lot of courage and confidence to go out in public, and your wife sounds like a blessing, supporting you like that, and trying to make you happy. I am happy it was a good experience and hope you will go out again soon. I would love to go public once and awhile but God made me man build and there isn't even a small chance of passing.

Barbra P
11-11-2013, 08:48 PM
Rainbow Bridge

It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of its many colors.
Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows,
hills and valleys with lush green grass.

When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place.
There is always food and water and warm spring weather.
The old and frail pets are made young again.
Those who are maimed are made whole again and they play all day.

There is only one thing missing.
They are not with their special person who loved them on earth.
So each day they run and play until the day comes when one suddenly looks up.
The nose twitches! The ears are up!
The eyes are staring! And this one suddenly runs from the group!

You have been seen and when you and your special friend meet,
you take them in your arms and embrace.
Your face is kissed again and again,
and you look once more into the eyes of your trusted friend.

And you cross the Rainbow Bridge together,
never again to be separated

Charlotte1987
11-12-2013, 01:53 AM
Wow I tried not to read that rainbow bridge story because I thought I would cry... and I did. Never read it before and it makes me happy, I really appreciate that. She was almost 7 months old and we were attached. Going out was awsome, my wife is so cool she drove me 40 mins to walk with me a block :S
Thanks a bunch again girls, it means a lot to get some support. I know that I need to get more confidence but it is coming slowly. I lost like 35 lbs in the last 3 months and I got 40 to go in 4 months. It helps my confidence to fit in my wifes old jeans... she also has lost 40 lbs in the last 4 months or so. She has all kinds of excuses to shopping now, and im a good shopping partner:battingeyelashes:

anyways this is long qnd crazy again blaaaahhhhhh

charlotte xoxo

Lynn Marie
11-12-2013, 09:19 AM
Here's the thing about going out Charlotte, never, ever look at others for their approval. It's pure folly. Your wife being out with you validates you perfectly. It doesn't get any better than this! I'll go pretty much anywhere with my girlfriend. It makes her laugh that I get more attention than she does!

Kate Simmons
11-12-2013, 02:51 PM
I'm happy for you my friend. :hugs::)

Jaymees22
11-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Charlotte, So sorry to hear about your puppy, we almost lost our dog last year when he was attacked by a much larger dog, that was very upsetting and then we had to contend with no power due to Hurricane Sandy. Thankfully he's fine now. It's great that your wife is so supportive, be happy and be careful. Hugs Jaymee

Linda E. Woodworth
11-12-2013, 06:17 PM
Charlotte,

I'm very sorry for the loss of your puppy. Having had two dogs already I know how much they become part of the family, especially if there are no other children. When we put our first dog down I was crying for a week because of the loss.

It was great to hear how you are bouncing back. You should have gone into the bar and just had a drink and relaxed. The response for the one passerby was enough to show that you belonged there.

Next time GO FOR IT!!!