PDA

View Full Version : Happy Wife Story :)

Ms. Laura
11-11-2013, 02:30 PM
So, I went to a support group meeting this weekend. Let me start by saying that there is SO MUCH value in a good group of people who will accept you for who you are. I've really gotten over an emotional hurdle concerning my self-acceptance adn it's all thanks to the sisters in my group AND my virtual sisters, here.

Anyway... I wore a blouse with a low neckline, as in, not a turtleneck. My wife always said NO to chest shaving. I'm sure that many of you have heard that. Well, I went and did it anyway. She thought I would just do as much work as it took but I felt it looked stupid partially shaven and just did EVERYTHING. So, I told her and she was kind of grumbly about it, but not bad.

That night, getting ready for bed, I said, "OK, so here it is, make fun of me." I took my shirt off and she said, "Huh, that's not as bad as I thought... Actually you look kind of model-y." I was like, "YES!"

We were talking about an upcoming holiday party and I asked for help choosing an outfit and she said, "Sure, you know, now that I've kinda got my head around this, it's actually kind of fun." I was like, "Double Yes!"

And, she said I could borrow her jewelry except for her diamonds and grandmother's things without asking. (I don't want them anyway, too much pressure)

I'm a lucky girl. I wish everyone else the same luck.

BTW, I finally wore the outfit in an old "Almost wore this out" pic thread, jeans and blouse, but with black, high heeled boots. Even broke out my purse and ladies peacoat and drove home full femme since my wife and daughter were out late. yeah!

Being Paige
11-11-2013, 02:49 PM
THats a nice story! I don't know why wives think that one needs all this hair on them lol

Alice B
11-11-2013, 02:52 PM
It is aways nice to her a happy story. Give your wife a hug for all of us

kimdl93
11-11-2013, 03:17 PM
That's really a great "happy wife" story. May there be many more to come!

UNDERDRESSER
11-11-2013, 03:41 PM
Nice one! My GF has asked me not to shave my chest as well. Not quite understanding why, given that she has no issue with me shaving anywhere, else. ( I don't shave it all, but she wouldn't object, though I'd have to get it waxed, going near her with stubble is a quick NO!) And my chest hair is not exactly Tom Selleck like. :confused:

Jaylyn
11-11-2013, 03:49 PM
Laura so glad you and the wife are getting along so great. It is always much easier to have the wife on board and her helping than trying to hide everything. I wouldn't trade my situation for any thing. She is truly a gem that helps me understand myself.

MssHyde
11-11-2013, 04:06 PM
lucky girl, so far, be careful, your at the point that I moved too fast.; closed door now

reb.femme
11-11-2013, 04:21 PM
Hi Laura,

Really glad you're rolling again. Sometimes, in any walk of life, a simple negative can far outweigh a whole host of earlier positives. It's just the nature of the beast. However, I'm genuinely pleased that you've found your mojo....oh...... and getting away with shaving your chest :heehee:.

Rebecca

michelle45
11-11-2013, 04:41 PM
Like your wife my fiance likes my chest hairs! My fem side does not like hair much at all but I respect her wishes and love her greatly! Maybe someday!!!:)

Tammy Nowakowski
11-11-2013, 05:49 PM
thats good to hear

Marcelle
11-11-2013, 05:52 PM
Hi Laura,

Glad to hear things are going well.

Hugs

Isha

Bree Wagner
11-11-2013, 06:25 PM
Great news Laura, it sure does sound like a double win. I hope the two of you can continue to enjoy all life has to offer.

-Bree

rachaelsloane
11-11-2013, 06:42 PM
Great to hear your story and remember to continually let your wife know how lucky you are to have her.

Maria 60
11-11-2013, 07:51 PM
I did the same thing, I shaved it when she didn't want me to. Now she won't let me grow it back, she feels it's so much cleaner without the hair.

Camille15
11-11-2013, 10:05 PM
Congrats Laura! That's huge news. Do you plan to keep it up, or just the occasional shave? Either way, that totally opens up your wardrobe options!! I'm very jealous!

My wife still says she doesn't want me to shave mine, but your story makes me hopeful she may change her mind someday. In the mean time, I just bought a cute turtleneck dress. :)

Camille

Beverley Sims
11-11-2013, 10:12 PM
Being hairy chested is a pain, I am glad that your wife could see the benefits.
Do not push too quickly though, she can come around and bite you when least expected..

Stephanie47
11-11-2013, 10:15 PM
On one of the stations for the local evenings news they always ask a question concerning a poll and later give the answer. The questions concerned what women thought they like of their man. The answer was totally clean shaven. Who would have guessed. There is no useful purpose to body hair anymore.

tictac43
11-11-2013, 10:32 PM
what a win!! congrats Laura <3

MissTee
11-11-2013, 10:44 PM
Before I did it I talked to the wife. She was on the fence, but curious and we agreed to give it a go. Afterwards she was all giggly and giddy. Said she hadn't ever thought about liking it, only the dislike part. The difference was a turn on she said. As you can guess, I'm now in a cycle of grow it, shave it, grow it, shave it . . .

Ms. Laura
11-12-2013, 03:09 PM
Thanks for all the well wishes ladies!

I will definitely tell my wife how great she is and how everyone here says so too.

I'm not pushing things too much really. She's known about me for over 20 years since before we married. Before say, this past year or two, she had always categorized it as a "kink" you know. She now understands it's more of an identity thing. She sort of graps the "spectrum" concept and that I fall somewhere in the middle rather than on either end. I don't dislike my male self and don't feel that urge to transition and she picks up on that. So, she's OK with some expression and I do my best to not pester her with it. We're in like a once a month mode and it's working.

I'll probably let the chest grow back since it's pretty sensitive to shaving. It's nice to have that option though when looking a clothing purchases!

sweetshauna
11-12-2013, 06:53 PM
Great read Laura. The extra freedom is a blessing. I've found that supportive and encouraging S/Os do exist. im so thankful that I have one too. just remember she deserves all the appreciation u can give, and let her know how much you love her.

As for the shaving bit....im nearly bare to the knee, and my chest, I just pluck a few hairs. lol Grats to you

Ceri Anne
11-12-2013, 06:57 PM
Great story Laura............now to convince her that laser is a wise investment..........lol. I've had mine shaved for 2 years now, just getting to laser. My wife had the same misgivings.

Ms. Laura
11-13-2013, 02:35 PM
HAH. That's one thing my wife will NEVER relent on, spending MONEY!