PDA

View Full Version : ear piercing

Like2BAspen
12-31-2005, 10:11 PM
would just like to know how many gurls have their ears pierced and wether they got hoops or studs. and I mean the earings not the guy that pierced them:eek: :cool:

GypsyKaren
12-31-2005, 11:11 PM
I wear gold hoops all the time. Getting my ears pierced was just great, I had been wanting to get it done for so long. I like wearing long dangling earrings when I go out dressed, my wife got me some real pretty ones, and I always feel real special whenever I wear them.

GypsyKaren

MandyTS
01-01-2006, 12:40 AM
Had them pierced 5 weeks ago, no big deal.

Rachel Morley
01-01-2006, 01:05 AM
I had my left ear done (by myself) when I was 16 years old for a bet. But it wasn't until I was in my mid 30's that I decided I wanted the second one done for girly reasons. :) I was very nervous about what people would think if they saw me with a stud in both ears. I did the second one myself too one drunken evening. :D

Anyway, now I have both ears done and I usually wear studs. Sometimes I wear small "sleeper" hoops as a guy and if I'm en femme I usually wear big hoops.

S. Lisa Smith
01-01-2006, 01:45 AM
Mine are pierced. I don't wear ear rings in them unless I'm dressed. I do use clear plastic "ear protectors" to keep the holes open. Most people don't notice. I love the feel of ear rings when I'm dressed!! The diamonds are magnetic, the hoops are real!

Teddie
01-01-2006, 06:36 AM
Both on mine are done. I wear small studs when in guy mode. In girl mode, well I wear all kinds of things, hoops, the bigger the better, long dangly earring ons, are also great. My wife has a great collection of earring, and it's fun to try different ones.

Adrianne
01-01-2006, 07:10 AM
Both of my ears are pierced, thinking about getting my belly button pierced for my 40th birthday in feburday.

paulaN
01-01-2006, 07:56 AM
I want mine done so bad. the problem is talking the wife into letting me do it.

Julie York
01-01-2006, 08:11 AM
Had mine done. And it was a right palaver because I was worried what people would say. Today I am wearing two little gold rings because strangely enough, they aren't as visible as the small gold studs.

Maddie
01-01-2006, 08:19 AM
Hi aspen
how you been

double pierced hoops on bottom and studs in top
ALL THE TIME

wouldn't be without them

tgirlkari
01-01-2006, 10:10 AM
Hi Aspen
I had both my ears pierced back when it was not at all cool for guys to have both done but the shop done them without question they have been pierced for twenty two years now and I have never regreted doing it and no I am not gay so that was not the reason if its girly I'm in except for sex.

JennyCD
01-01-2006, 10:17 AM
These days nobody thinks twice about pierced ears. I know a man in his late 60s who wears 7 of them on his left ear and a couple on the right.

It's just one of those things nobody associates with gender or orientation these days.

Leilani68
01-01-2006, 12:09 PM
Both of mine are done:
As far as earing styles, it all depends on what I am wearing or the mood.
Some days it may be Studs, other days it may be Danglys/Hoops....:)

CharleneCD
01-01-2006, 12:46 PM
I wear either small hoops or studs depending on my mood. I am also seriously considering a second piercing for my ears.

Cassandra Marie
01-01-2006, 12:49 PM
I first had my left ear pierced when I was 16, that was 26 years ago. My father didn't take it very well since he is very "old school," and he insisted that I remove it...I didn't. About four months later I had a 2nd and 3rd piercing in the same ear and not too long after that I had my 4th done in the same ear and my 1st done in my right ear. Now, in total I have 5 holes in my left ear, and 3 in my right ear. I normally wear a mix of studs and hoops when in drab, and when en-femme I mostly wear hoops or danglies. And yes, there were a few occasions where I have forgotten to take them out and went out with them in without realizing it. I'm so used to wearing earrings that I hardly ever realize they're there, let alone which ones they are.

Joanne_'jojo'
01-01-2006, 01:47 PM
Just had mine done 2 weeks and 3 days ago at Claire's, after wanting to get them done for years and years but was too worried about what people would say.
I had 3mm white gold balls for both ears and had a small CZ put in the cartilage of the left ear.
I think I over did it cleaning the left lobe 'cos it swelled up a lot, so we went back to Claire's and thay GAVE me a pair of silver hoops that hinge at the post. Swelling went down and everything is looking just fine. I'm so happy with them I can't beleive I didnt get it done sooner.

The people at Claire's were great.

I've had a few joking comments from a few friends but that's mainly because I seem to have a very conservative image amongst most of my friends, and its all in good fun.

Like someone said, nobody seems to pay much attention now if guys have thier ears pierced or not.

Joanne

joni-alice
01-01-2006, 02:26 PM
judging from the way i react with clip-ons, when i pull a sweather over my head, etc. if I had my ears pierced, i eventually would have no ears at all.
hugs
j-a

Cassandra Marie
01-01-2006, 03:48 PM
judging from the way i react with clip-ons, when i pull a sweather over my head, etc. if I had my ears pierced, i eventually would have no ears at all.
hugs
j-a

That's usually not too much of a problem. The worst that's happened to me is that the earring pulled out unbeknownst to me and I've lost the earring. Only once or twice did the earring not actually let go and it yanked on my earlobe a bit, but even then it didn't really hurt much or cause me any other problems.

Miss Lulu
01-01-2006, 04:19 PM
Just got my ears pierced 2 weeks ago. Looking forward to wear loops and long dangling earings daily!

DonnaT
01-01-2006, 06:14 PM
My wife had me get mine done in November. Two 3mm gold ball studs.

Two coworkers have asked about them, but none of the secretaries nor my boss have made any comment at all.

Sherrie
01-01-2006, 06:46 PM
Just got mine done the day after Thanksgiving, as I was on vaccation the whole next week, so it gave me a full 10 days to heal before I had to take them out for work (boss wont let guys wear earrings). I used monofilliment fishing line of the right size soaked in alcohol and then used Neosporin to keep them from infecting my ears untill I got some clear studs that I am wearing until my ears are fully healed, just to make sure the holes stay open. Am looking very much forward to being able to wear some lovely dangly earrings when they are fully healed.

Julie
01-01-2006, 07:08 PM
I got mine done about a year ago and picked out cubic zirconia studs for the piercing. I also bought gold studs to wear to work while they were healing. I have small hoops but don't like the look as well as the CZ studs.

I started buying earrings a little at a time but then while looking for an earring stand on E-Bay I saw a stand with something like 70 earrings on it for about $75. Yeah, I bought it! https://home.comcast.net/~julimarie/images/emoticons/P_SHIN~1.GIF My preference seems to be toward hoops but when I'm going out dressed I always look for the earrings that go best with what I'm wearing.

https://home.comcast.net/~julimarie/images/animations/sexywink.gif

sara_also
01-01-2006, 07:22 PM
At present my ears are not pierced. My wife is an ex nail tech and has the piercing gun with all of the small gold studs. WE plan to do them after I retire
sometime in 2006. I do envy those of you that are able to do it. My present work would not allow it at this time. I really like the long earrings all of the younger gg's are wearing, so I will probably be more inclined to them rather than hoops. But who knows.
Sara

Katrina
01-01-2006, 07:42 PM
Way back when I was in high school, my best friend and I split a pair of magnetic cubic zirconia earrings. I wore mine home and he wore his home. I did it to get a rise out of my parents. Their reaction completely set me back. My dad said, I'm proud of you! I asked why and he said because you did something. I guess I was too boring for him. He said all this before I even told him it was magnetic and not even really pierced. I did get my ear pierced in college and I think it is still open. I have considered piercing my other ear to match and getting a set of earrings (I have nothing now), but I'm not sure how my GF would react.

Stormgirl
01-01-2006, 07:48 PM
I had my left ear pierced but took the ear ring out when I joined the Army go figure.Had a tongue piercing too.

S. Lisa Smith
01-01-2006, 08:27 PM
I have considered piercing my other ear to match and getting a set of earrings (I have nothing now), but I'm not sure how my GF would react.

I know this is easy for me to say, but why not ask her? I was amazed that my wife let me.

Holly
01-01-2006, 10:22 PM
I got mine done in November at a Claire's in Primm, NV. I was enfemme at the time and the girl who did the piercing was about the age of my daughter. She was so sweet. After she marked my ears and placed the 3mm titanium on the lobes, she gave me a little hug. During the Hollydays, I've worn angels, stars, snowmen, Christmas Trees, and a few other designs, dangling from my ears. This last week, for our 37th wedding anniversary, my wife (HTGurl) gave me a pair of Topaz studs. I love my wife! (and my pierced ears)!

Drucilla
01-01-2006, 11:14 PM
Got my left ear done about a month ago. Love it. Have small hoop in it full time. I am thinking about getting my right ear done sometime soon.
I have been pleasantly surprised with the few negative comments .
Some of my guy friends think it's a little weird but without exception their wives think it "cool".

katie36
01-02-2006, 04:06 PM
have both ears pierced, but only wear hoops when dressed. love hoops, bigger the better.

Paula UK
01-02-2006, 04:25 PM
I know this is easy for me to say, but why not ask her? I was amazed that my wife let me.

i agree, id not had either ear pierced, i then suggested getting both done and i was prompltly marched to the piercing parlour ... shes a great understanding girl!!!

paula xx

Paula UK
01-02-2006, 04:27 PM
I want mine done so bad. the problem is talking the wife into letting me do it.

blokes having both ears pierced nowadays realy is no big deal!

paula xx

angelinamillar
01-02-2006, 07:17 PM
Had both ears peirced years ago and no one has ever said a word and I have even had my naval pierced and have a gorgeous gold banana bar with crystal top and a diamond on a chain, very sexy and also went as far as to get electrolosis around naval so it always looks sexy and smooth down there, And it was my gf's idea ;) So I honestly would not panic about getting ears pierced hun.

hugs,

Angelina x :)

prettyinpink
01-02-2006, 08:25 PM
i've had my left peirced for probly 10 years and have been thinking about getting the right done since now adays u are kinda the old ball if u only have one peirced.it's like having tattoos now adays way more accepted than 10 yrs ago. and as for problems with catching on things u get used to them. as for myself ihave only ever pulled out one.

cheryl1035
01-02-2006, 08:39 PM
Girls, Thanks for all the information. I have been thinking of getting my ears pierced for a while. Now, I am sure I am going to do it. I just need to find the right place to do it. Wish me luck!

Jillian310
01-02-2006, 09:45 PM
I had my ears pierced last summer at age 68! I had small gold (fake) star studs put in. As a surprise birthday present a few months later, my SO (wife) had a custom made pair made for me, gold stars (real) with a diamond inset for each ear. I wear them all the time. One must be careful when drying behind the ears. A couple times the towel dislodged the little catch thingy, but I have not lost anything yet. I love them, and am very careful to insure I don't lose them.

sky0629
01-02-2006, 11:14 PM
both of mine are done, love the hoops and dangly. i like a little weight on my ear rings like to feel them. my hair is long enough to cover my ears while i'm driving around town (fun and daring) but it makes me feel good. :D

Boobs
01-02-2006, 11:24 PM
Don't worry what other people will say. If you want them done do it and enjoy them. Bobbie (boobs)

trisha_anne
01-03-2006, 02:58 AM
I have both ears peirced. When I am Trish I like to wear large hoops or long dangly earings. However in man mode I have a pair of large hoops with barbed wire all around them. Kind of says alot about the personality change when I dress:confuse:

Lindahexi
01-03-2006, 09:43 AM
I had both ears pierced at Claires last October, my wife suggested it as we were walking past the shop. I have a diamond and gold stud in each ear, and haven't removed them since. I'd love to try some hoops and dangly ones though. I was very surprised that my wife approved, she doesn't know about my CD'ing, and what's more she paid!

Lawren
01-03-2006, 10:30 AM
I got my left ear pierced in a salon several years before I did my right ear. (Which I did myself) I started out with studs but changed as soon as my ears healled sufficiently. I much prefer earrings that hang down and swing. I love the feel of earrings tugging on my my ear lobes.

Rene
01-03-2006, 11:47 AM
I have had both ears done for the past 8 years. I just love wearing all kinds of earrings. I used to wear small hoops everyday, but now only when I dress.

Gail Stauffer
02-21-2006, 12:18 PM
I too have had my ears pierced at claire's and go back to buy earrings there, and at Icing by Claire's as well they have some great deals on all types of earrings, I absolutely love wearing dangly earrings!! there is just something about it I absolutely love!! Gail Stauffer

KimberlyS
02-21-2006, 01:44 PM
Over 7 months having mine pierced here with encouragement from my wife. I wear both studs and small hoops.

KimberlyS

KateW
02-21-2006, 01:50 PM
I have both ears double pierced, and wear studs in male mode, and also own a variety of studs with coloured stones, hoops, and dangly earrings.

Paige
02-21-2006, 02:13 PM
Hi all,

Thought I had posted before but I don't see it so........

Got both my ears pierced for my 59th birthday. Wear studs all the time and no one comments any more. My reply when asked after I had it done was "Why not" in response to why both ears and "I always wanted to" in reponse to why did you have them pierced.

I love it and don't see why more don't get it done.

Hugs, Paige

kysmet
02-21-2006, 02:19 PM
I had both ears double pierced by the age of 20. I wear surgical steel hoops with skulls in two of them, the other two are just hoops with the ball in the middle. The two inner ones are 12 guage and the outer ones are 14 guage. Thought a couple times about going towards spacers but then decided against it because it doesn't fit my feminine look as well as the hoops do. I've even considered having my nose done, but with my work that wouldn't go over well. I barely get away with wearing the skulls. :bs:

Ericka Jean

Julia Cross
02-21-2006, 03:24 PM
Both ears, I always wear larger studs, black onyx shaped like a diamond, sometimes I wear my ruby studs, never clear diamonds, too hiphop, or I wear egyptian cross earrings or hoops. It all looks artsy, no one says anything.

J

linnea
02-21-2006, 05:57 PM
Although I didn't ask my wife, I did take advantage of something she said (probably in teasing) a couple of times. It was just the suggestion that I should get my ears pierced, so about a year and a half ago I did it. She wasn't with me at the time, and I had been wanting to do it for ever so long. I just went into one of the "Claire's" shops and did it. I was surprised at all the forms I had to fill out, but the process was really easy. The person who did the piercings told me that she has lots of men (mostly younger than me--I'm 59 now, soon to be 60) get ears pierced.
I'm delighted because now I wear studs and when I go out dressed, I can wear all kinds of earrings! It did surprise some people, but mostly my friends and family have accepted it easily. One of my best friends from high school doesn't seem to be able to get over it (I don't know what his problem is). Anyway, I think that asking your wife what she thinks about men with pierced ears may be a way to test the waters.

PennieS
02-21-2006, 08:12 PM
i had both of mine done years ago at my wifes suggestion. She does not now that I was a CDer then and only knows of my panties 24/7 now, but I have always had long or feminate looking hair styles, so I wore studs or Diamonds for years. Now sometimes when dressed I wear hoops or long ones. She is probably getting the idea by now because of my constantly becomming more girlish the last few years.

Tammi
02-21-2006, 08:44 PM
Had mine pierced last Friday , love the feel, Why did I wait? Noone has mentioned it yet , but my hair is long and covers my ear most times.
Think some people see them but don't remember if they were pierced before or not.

MaylinJane
02-21-2006, 10:02 PM
I have two in my left ear and one in the right, and have had them for over 5 years. I wear stainless steel 14 gauge body jewelry for ease of maintainence, with a small silver hoop in my left. I'm considering getting another in my right ear just to make an even number and be able to wear matching hoops. Being a Gen-X'er, no one has ever said a thing to me at all about them.

May

crotchhiboots
02-21-2006, 11:15 PM
I have six holes i n both ears and wear dangles as well as hoops. When I wear hoops I start with a 1" in the top and work down to 3.5" on the bottom. With the dangles one earring has a stud on the bottom so I can put it in my nose, it is attached to the earring with a chain.

trannie T
02-21-2006, 11:51 PM
I remember back in the 60's a few men were having their ears pierced--only in big cities not where I lived--I was appalled. They had to be really weird. Now I have seven piercings in each ear. More than most men would want. A few people have asked why I had it done, I tell them that for 25 years while I was in law enforcement I couldn't have pierced ears and now I'm overcompensating. A few have questioned my sexuality but only in jest. Women think it is sexy. I wear studs in most of the holes and sometimes a hoop or two.
If you have any reservations about having your ears pierced, relax, today it's no big thing, socially acceptable and you may even enjoy it.

stephanie2005
02-22-2006, 02:51 AM
well i got my left one done at 21 and about 2 weeks ago i had my right one done. the left oe i streached and put a 14gauge hoop in and i had my right one pierced at 14 gauge and wear a hoop in it as well i geuss iwould be called gen x as well so no one really says much except my wiives grandmother who is very old school she even gets on me about my long hair which is just past my shoulders

Jenny Warren
02-22-2006, 03:04 AM
My fiance paid fo me to have mind done as one of my (Jenny's) Christmas presents. She and one of her daughters went with me when I had them done.

Now I have a collection of various earrings to go with various outfits.

When in male mode I wear a pair of black studs.

Jenny

Gail Stauffer
02-22-2006, 03:06 AM
I had my ears pierced last year, and now enjoy wearing all types of pierced earrings, weather they are studs, or dangly, but most of all I love dangly earrings, they make me feel so pretty and so feminine... I buy my earrings at Icing by claire's, claires, Jcpenney, gottchalks,fred meyers, and soon from HSN, or QVC, HSN and QVC have lots of beautiful jewelry, I have ordered a couple of Rings from HSN and they are really pretty!!

Gail Stauffer
02-22-2006, 04:00 AM
I will start by saying I have mine Pierced, and I love it. dangly earrings are so pretty and feminine. I only wear them when dressed!!

SherriePall
02-22-2006, 04:30 AM
Put me down on the don't have pierced ears side. Threatened to do it once at a mall, but basically, it was to get my wife going. Plus I have plenty of nice clip-ons.

thwaiter
02-22-2006, 04:45 AM
As to my private message to you gail, I don't have my ears pierced but have occasionally thought about getting one in my left. When did you get your done, and what was the reaction by friends and family? Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers,

Thwaiter

Sarah Rabbit
02-22-2006, 05:25 AM
Hi All

Both ears are pierced. In male mode I just wear Rings or Studs. En femme, I have a very wide selection of girly sets. Looking forward to getting a navel piercing in the next few weeks:) :) :)

Hugs, Sarah R

Gail Stauffer
02-22-2006, 11:32 AM
thwaiter I had my ears pierced last year can't remember exactly when, my parents know, they don't really like it but oh well. I can't help it it's my feminine side coming out.

Natalie J
02-22-2006, 12:03 PM
Definately. Two on the left and one on the right. A little lopsided, but it gets me by in guy mode. Plus many a girl has said they like a guy with at least one piercing because we've experienced pain and bought jewelry. Like most of us have never bought jewelry anyway,,,:D

Gail Stauffer
02-23-2006, 12:53 PM
I tried the clip on thing awhile back but I never really liked the styles of earrings they had to choose from, pierced ear earrings are so much prettier, and there are sure more styles and types to choose from. I like the dangly ones my self, they seem so much more feminine to me, I hardly ever see non dangly earrings that I just have to have, mabye every once in a while!!

I was just curious as to where you all buy your Earrings? I usually buy mine at Claires, Icing by Claires, Fred Meyers, Gottschalks, JcPenneys,and soon from HSN, and QVC!!! Having pierced ears gives a girl so many more choices of earrings to choose from. I feel like I can never have too much jewelry!!! it makes me feel so pretty and feminine.

Georgina Milnes
02-23-2006, 02:59 PM
I would love to have my ears pierced,and I know a lot of girls will say well why dont you get them done! I guess there is a lot more to it than that in my head and I dont know what it is, when a couple of nights ago my boyfriend plucked my eyebrows into the most wonderful female arch,and no one has noticed except me and him.It turns him on too! So back to the ears,well I would love to hear from the girls their idea of why I could be holding off getting the ears pierced.

Michelle8
02-23-2006, 03:24 PM
Had ears pierced 2 years ago.Love wearing
all types of earrings.I would love to have
them double pierced but might be to risky.

Sierra Evon
02-23-2006, 03:29 PM
Ive got both my ears pierced twice both sides , getting them done once
more at the end of this month so I the have 3 studs on each side, and
I also about 4 months ago got my nose pierced, little cute pink stud in my
left nostrol , that was my first one , so I'll have a total of seven in all..
no big deal just costs money , but it makes my look more complete;)
Sierra........

Jenn2716
02-24-2006, 05:05 PM
would just like to know how many gurls have their ears pierced and wether they got hoops or studs. and I mean the earings not the guy that pierced them:eek: :cool:

When I got my ears pierced last year, I was a nervous wreck. I went to the salon where I get my hair cut in boy mode and made an appointment. A couple of hours later I was sitting home relaxing with two brand new stainless steel studs in each ear.
Its been over a year, and my earring collection has exploded. I have tons of nice gold and silver hoops, some danglies and a few sparkly studs too. Now I just have to work on the wife to start buying me some real gems. :cool:

Gail Stauffer
02-24-2006, 05:22 PM
having them pierced gives one so many different choices of earrings doesn't it... I know i enjoy looking for new ones whenever I go out shopping!!!

hjt101
02-24-2006, 09:38 PM
I have both of mine done multiply times. Even if they are pierced, you could still wear clipons.

MsEva
02-27-2006, 03:33 PM
Mine are pierced. I don't wear ear rings in them unless I'm dressed. I do use clear plastic "ear protectors" to keep the holes open. Most people don't notice. I love the feel of ear rings when I'm dressed!! The diamonds are magnetic, the hoops are real!

Cute Lisa..good for you! I wish I had the nerve to do it...so I will live vicareously through you!

Gail Stauffer
02-27-2006, 03:42 PM
go hve those ears pierced eva we're all behind you 100%, you won't regret it, and you can buy so many more earrings!!

Alyssandra Jasmine
02-27-2006, 03:57 PM
Both ears pierced here. Wear hoops in drab and big danglies when dressed.

Going to get a 2nd hole put in each ear later this week. Looking forward to hanging double the danglies when the holes are healed.

Reminds when doing a bit of supply teaching a while ago - some sharp eyed kid goes,"Sir, both your ears are pierced!"

"Well spotted, I'm a pirate!";) ;)

Gail Stauffer
02-27-2006, 04:00 PM
one in each is good enough for me!!

Michellemartyn
02-27-2006, 06:38 PM
Hi Girls

I would just love to have my ear's pierced but my wife has a thing about it.
She is very good and put's up with alot from me but won't let that one go,:sad: so I have to use clamps which are very good but I lose a lot of ring's

Gail Stauffer
02-28-2006, 02:55 AM
You should try telling her you would be happier if you could have them pierced. it's worth trying. it's almost normal for everyone to have that done now.

lee james
02-28-2006, 03:09 AM
Small hoops at work-two in each ear.At home when I,m dressed,EVERYTHING else.My lovely wife gave me lovely diamond studs for christmas.What a doll!!!