PDA

View Full Version : My life compressed into a tiny short story

KayleeTaylor
11-12-2013, 09:41 AM
I am in my mid 30's, been dressing for over 20 years. I am bi, but in my early years, I thought I was gay.

When I was a child, I got teased for acting like a girl, some kids in school even thought I was a girl. This was because I had long hair, my behavior was not very masculine, but I wouldn't say it was very feminine at that time either. Also, my parents were very "thrifty" when it came to shopping, all my clothes were either free or secondhand, the only jacket I had was a purple jacket, some of my clothes "might have been" girls clothes. Only reason I say "might have been" is now I have a 9 year old daughter, my mom likes to get her clothes the same way she got me clothes and a lot of the stuff that she gets for my daughter is boys clothes. I get mad at her and tell her that my daughter is not wearing boys clothes, all she says to me is that she got them for a good deal and that nobody is going to know the difference anyway. So, back to the point. I was a pre-teen getting made fun of for not acting like so-called normal boys should act.

In my teen years, I got good at hiding myself, or so I thought. I was caught in my teens by one of my friends, she saw that I was wearing a cute little g-string. I was ashamed and purged my clothes, for me being so young at the time, I actually did have a lot. I never did get the chance to explain myself to her. After that incident, it took me a few years to come to terms with "who I thought I was". At that time, I was 16, I left home and moved in with a mid-20's lesbian couple. They noticed how fem I was and showed me how to dress. They even took me shopping! Well, maybe after a month or so of living with them, I met my first boyfriend. We dated for a few years, but it ended badly, he got scary towards the end. Fast forward a few years later and I was living back home with my parents. Turns out, there are no free rides because the couple I was living with kicked me out because I didn't pay rent. Now, my parents are very conservative and do not like the LGBT community or my crossdressing, my mom caught me crossdressing when I was 7 ( I'll save that one for a different time). So, I was living back home and wanted to be away from there so I could be myself. Well, I decided the quickest way out was to join the military :( I soon realized that was a very bad decision, I came to that realization after basic training(latter in life, I learned joining the Army was a wise decision).

So, in my 20's I was in the Army, constantly going to training exercises in the field, living in the barracks with other straight-male solders. I had a lot of good times but I could not let my fem side out. After a while, I learned the solders off-duty routines were nothing more than going to the bars. So I got brave again and started a new collection of clothes in the barracks, when they would go out on Fridays, I would stay in and dress up. But I couldn't keep it up for very long. Living in the barracks, you would get your room checked for cleanliness and sometimes searched for sensitive items that go missing from time to time. Also, at this time, I didn't have any friends that knew about me. So, it was time to make new friends, friends who would accept me for me. I wanted to be seen as "just another soldier" to the rest of my friends in the Army, but I also wanted my own personal life outside and away from the Army. I was in my early 20's and had never been with a girl before. But I did have a lot of girls who were friends. One of my girlfriends had her own girlfriend :) She was also in the Army and wanted out of the barracks just as bad as I did. So, we got married, that way we would be allowed to live off post. We moved into a 2 bedroom apartment, since she already had a girlfriend, she took the master bedroom. Up until that point, I was very depressed and closed off. But with my new living situation and understanding and caring roommates, things were going great, I finally had a real chance to explore who I really was. Those were some really good times!

Now was my first chance to separate my identity. At work, I could be a guy and at home I could be a girl. This is when I found out that the guy in me really likes girls too. So, sometimes at home I would just be a guy. Because now, I could be a girl whenever I wanted too, well at home at least. At that time, I started dating other girls.

Time for me to take my daughter to school, I'll write more on this later.

:fairy1:

NicoleScott
11-12-2013, 09:48 AM
Keeping and wearing women's clothes in the barracks? That was either incredibly brave or incredibly stupid. It could have been bad if you got caught.

UNDERDRESSER
11-12-2013, 10:18 AM
Well, I was just identifying how that fitted with my early life...then it took some unexpected turns!

:eek:

Madilyn A.
11-12-2013, 10:24 AM
I agree with Nicole....you were ver lucky.

Kate Simmons
11-12-2013, 11:15 AM
I did the same thing between tours in Nam. I kept a stash bag in my locker when I was stationed near Washington DC. I would go to DC every weekend to rent a hotel room and dress. I even dressed full en femme once in the barracks when everyone else was at a picnic bash. I was lucky too I guess but never really thought about it. :)

KayleeTaylor
11-12-2013, 11:23 AM
Keeping and wearing wonen's clothes in the barracks? That was either incredibly brave or incredibly stupid. It could have been bad if you got caught.

I would say it was both. I was still young and did a lot of dumb things :)

When I started dating girls, I kept my other self hidden away. I was lucky enough to meet a girl who I thought I could spend the rest of my life with. We were seeing each other for quite a long time and I wanted to marry her. Before I did, I wanted to share all my secrets with her. Now at this point, my roommates had moved away and we had our marriage annulled. Now, I wanted to come out slow, so I replaced my shoelaces with hot pink ones and started wearing girls' socks. She didn't say anything about it, probably because I have pink polo shirts and she liked me in them. She did ask about the socks and I told her that sometimes I like to feel pretty. She asked me if I have ever crossdressed before and I said yes. Well, she broke up with me. I loved her and was ashamed of myself for coming out to her. I thought I had lost the best thing that had ever happened to me. So, I purged all my clothes again to try to have another chance at fitting in.

I got orders for another duty station, a chance to start over. So I got back into the dating scene and met someone, my second girlfriend. I decided to never tell her about my past, I didn't want to lose her. We got married and while I was married to her, I would secretly go to work early or come home late, just so I could pull over somewhere and dress up, drive to work as a girl and pull over outside of post and put my uniform on. As far as I knew, she never found out. Shortly after we had our daughter, I got orders to deploy to Iraq for the second time. Well, here is another time where I had to purge my clothes, but not for embarrassment, this time for secrecy. While I was deployed, my wife went back to her home state which just happened to be my home state. I found out that she was cheating on me. At first I thought that she had found out about me but she didn't want anything to do with our daughter. She would leave my daughter at my mom's house for weeks at a time, turns out, she wasn't ready to be a mother, or a wife and I wasn't ready to be a husband. So, I divorced her and separated from the Army. I got full custody of my daughter, sad thing is, she hasn't seen her mother in more than 8 years and she is 9 now.

I never have dated anyone else since. I take good care of my daughter, she doesn't know of me crossdressing, I just be the best daddy that I can be to her. So now, I work from home, so while my daughter is at school, I am at home as Kaylee.

KayleeTaylor
11-12-2013, 11:39 AM
Well, I was just identifying how that fitted with my early life...then it took some unexpected turns!

:eek:

Yeah, I have had some bumps in the road. I always found a way to deal with them

I agree with Nicole....you were ver lucky.

Yes I was, but I did get caught one time. After I left the Army, I went into the National Guard. So, when we were training for my 3rd deployment, for most it was their first, something happened. We were shipped to a duty station in another state for a 3 month training program for the deployment. I knew that my bags would get searched so I didn't bring any clothes with me. When we got there, people started buying things online for the deployment and I saw an opportunity to go shopping :) So I ordered a cami and some panties that I was going to wear under my uniform. I didn't get the chance to try them on because we stayed in an open bay. On the last weekend before shipping out, we got a pass. One of my buddies had family nearby, so I went with him. Well, I changed in his sister's bathroom, wearing my cami and panties underneath. I was planning on going out in town alone, but they were having a party and didn't want me to leave. I got a little drunk and started making out with one of his sisters friends, she was 22. She found the cami and I immediately went to the bathroom to take it off. I stuck it in my pocket and denied wearing it. Then, I left alone. My buddies sister told him and he was surprisingly okay with it. We became better friends through the deployment and he has seen me as Kaylee after we got back.

I did the same thing between tours in Nam. I kept a stash bag in my locker when I was stationed near Washington DC. I would go to DC every weekend to rent a hotel room and dress. I even dressed full en femme once in the barracks when everyone else was at a picnic bash. I was lucky too I guess but never really thought about it. :)

Good for you! Now that I think about it, I would have been depressed and miserable if I had not taken any risks.

Beverley Sims
11-12-2013, 01:29 PM
I am with Nicole on that one.
I was able to live off base, a great setup.
Never mixed service life and dressing.
Always avoided conflict.
Kept me on my toes.