PDA

View Full Version : Surreal Experience

Judith96a
11-12-2013, 10:34 AM
OK, here's the deal - I'm in the closet. My wife doesn't know about my cross dressing (either that or she's not letting on).
A couple of days ago I went to get my hair cut (same hairdresser that my wife uses - lovely girl). I'm sitting there daydreaming about Judith's next opportunity to get all dressed up - mostly thinking about what to try to improve in my makeup routine and how to approximate to a more feminine eyebrow without doing anything too drastic - when the hairdresser asks "would you like me to trim your eyebrows?"!!! Guess who nearly fell off the chair (she's never suggested eyebrow trimming before and they weren't too hairy-caterpillar-like). "Err em OK" says me after I recovered. Nothing too drastic done, just a tidy but... Darling wife clams NOT to have put hairdresser up to it but I'm not convinced! Little did she know what I was thinking about!

Still feels rather surreal

kimdl93
11-12-2013, 10:36 AM
I think you're reading too much into this. Hair dressers routinely trim male brows. Its likely she just got around to asking.

Barbra P
11-12-2013, 10:41 AM
My old barber, I now do my own hair, always asked if I wanted my brows trimmed and not just me, he asked every customer. Maybe the hairdresser has just been a little ship-shod in the past, realized it, and is trying to improve her customer service.

SherriePall
11-12-2013, 10:42 AM
I have been asked a couple of times at my barber shop. A couple of times I have not been asked and they trimmed away. And my brows already lean to the femme side. It only happened to me in the last couple of years.

Di
11-12-2013, 10:45 AM
Agree wishfull thinking.....they are based on services sales.

Part that bothers me

My wife doesn't know about my cross dressing (either that or she's not letting on).

:brolleyes:

Kate Simmons
11-12-2013, 10:56 AM
My GF always asks me that when she cuts my hair and so do most barbers, hair dressers, etc. :)

Jaylyn
11-12-2013, 11:36 AM
As you get older I have many barbers ask me if I want my eye brows trimmed. They never pluck them but just lay a comb on them and cut.

Tina B.
11-12-2013, 11:42 AM
I had mine brows trimmed in a shop for the first time when I switched from a barber to a hair dresser.

Donna St. Marten
11-12-2013, 11:42 AM
Welcome to being middle aged. As men get older hair starts growing widly everyplace, except on our head. I wouldn't read anything into it about your wife putting her up to it.

Jodi
11-12-2013, 12:33 PM
I get my eyebrows trimmed with each haircut, have done so for as long as I can remember. That is just part of good grooming.

Jodi

EllenJo
11-12-2013, 01:10 PM
I agree with most of the replys. When I passed 40 barbers began asking if I wanted my eyebrows trimmed. Now my wife cuts my hair (at least what's left of it) and always trims the eyebrows and ears. I wouldn't read too much into it if I were you.
Ellen Jo

Beverley Sims
11-12-2013, 01:12 PM
As a man I always get my eyebrows trimmed and they are not excessive either.

Sarah Doepner
11-12-2013, 01:37 PM
Yes, don't worry about that. It's when they start asking if you want your ear or nose hairs trimmed that you need to be paying attention.

KayleeTaylor
11-12-2013, 02:24 PM
When I used to get my hair cut, they would always trim my ear and nose hairs, I never got asked if i want my eyebrows done. Maybe I need to go to a salon :)

Seana Summer
11-12-2013, 02:40 PM
Wow, this is the first I have heard of a stylist asking to trim male eyebrows. I have to trim my own random hairs.

I don't blame you for being surprised by it, I know I would be.

Stephy
11-12-2013, 03:46 PM
Yes, don't worry about that. It's when they start asking if you want your ear or nose hairs trimmed that you need to be paying attention.

Yeah, my hairdresser always asks if I want my ear hair trimmed! Despite the fact that I trim it myself regularly. The stuff grows like weeds when you reach your mid-thirties.

Tammy Nowakowski
11-12-2013, 05:07 PM
i had mine waxed two weekends ago for the 1st time

Linda E. Woodworth
11-12-2013, 06:14 PM
Although I agree that you shouldn't read too much in to this, I have never been asked by any of my barbers if I wanted my eyebrows trimmed.

I guess I'm just not lucky enough like all the other girls who've experienced this.

Judith96a
11-12-2013, 06:27 PM

I'm not worried, just the timing (the coincidence of where my thoughts were at that moment) that was surreal! As for the ear hairs, she already just trims those without a word! The joys of middle age!