PDA

View Full Version : Feeling like I am starting

Megan72
11-12-2013, 10:44 AM
Well after much internal debate and struggles I have finally contacted a therapist that I believe will be a good resource for me. I just finished filling out a gender questionnaire she asked me to do and sent it to her. OMG that was pretty enlightening and provided a great framework to put a few things into perspective. I remembered things that I have long since forgotten. Not always easy things to remember but useful none the less.

arbon
11-12-2013, 11:12 AM
Thats great and I hope you all the best on this journey. :)

Nicole Erin
11-12-2013, 12:05 PM
what kind of questions?

Megan72
11-12-2013, 12:12 PM
Nicole

Well among the generic medical and suicidal stuff that I think they have to ask...
When thinking about your gender and sexuality, describe what help you are seeking from counseling.
Describe how you feel about your gender.
Explain how you are currently expressing your gender in your everyday life.
Describe what problems or conflicts with gender you are experiencing.
Describe any difficulty you experience between your gender and biological sexuality.
Do you identify with any specific gender or sexual group?
Describe any important impressions about your childhood and family life.
And then there was a life story I had to write. It was 4 pages alone.
There are other questions but that is the majority of the gender stuff.

Barbara Ella
11-12-2013, 12:40 PM
COngratulations Megan. This sounds like a wonderful start. I know that remembering things from my past have helped me understand where I am today, and how i really got there. Still amazed, but feeling so much more at ease. Keep on journeying.

Barbara

Angela Campbell
11-12-2013, 01:09 PM
Wow that sounds like it saves a lot of time. I answered the same questions but did so face to face.

kimdl93
11-12-2013, 01:20 PM
That exercise must have been enlightening. It seems your counselor was seeking responses we often read on these pages.

tgirlamc
11-13-2013, 01:24 PM
Congrats Megan!!! :)

Megan72
11-17-2013, 08:33 AM
Well, I have my appointment set for November 25 at 9:30 in the morning. I know it's a relatively small step but it seems huge for me.