PDA

View Full Version : Encouragement needed please - first outing on Friday...

ChristineReid
11-12-2013, 04:43 PM
Having been a closet dresser for about 40 years, then my wife finding out about 18 months ago (surprisingly benign) - this Friday I will be going out dressed with people I know. Admittedly it's under the guise of fancy dress - but I have taken the opportunity to go en-femme.

The theme of the evening (a Christmas party for my wife's dieting club) is musicals. The only 'excuse' I could come up with was to go as Priscilla queen of the desert. Now this presents a slight problem because I like to dress fairly conservatively when I go out and I don't like the drag queen look - I prefer (generally) to be more authentically my 50+ age. So I have picked an outfit that, hopefully, fits the theme (to satisfy everyone else) but allows me to look reasonably feminine (to satisfy myself). It is a pink 70's disco outfit with a silver wig (not sure if the mods allow a link here - but this is it http://www.joke.co.uk/disco-girl-costume~73404/).

Of course I will be adding my own breast forms, silicon hip enhancers and high heeled pink strappy sandals and will be applying my own (finely-honed over several years) make-up and will be able to walk quite happily in the heels. I will try to avoid the inevitable questions about all of this - how come you....? Where did you get...?

I'm really excited about it - surprisingly not nervous. It's a MAJOR milestone for me - hopefully it will go well - not sure where it will lead.

Wish me luck....

I'll let you know how it goes :facepalm:

kimdl93
11-12-2013, 04:49 PM
well, honestly, Christine, its about time ;) I think you'll look smashing in that outfit and you can excuse the excess to the party theme. Best of luck...as if you'll need it!

Erica Marie
11-12-2013, 04:50 PM
Costume parties are always a good way to test the waters. Get out and see the world through your girl eyes. Im sure it will be fun and Im sure you will knock 'em dead.

ChristineReid
11-12-2013, 05:06 PM
Thanks for the encouragement! Just to clarify - I've been out a lot on my own - but not with anyone who knows me as a man. I know a few people at this do so it brings it much closer to home and is a game changer for me...

Lorileah
11-12-2013, 05:15 PM
La Cage and Hairspray have TG parts. Also Rent has a very meaty part, Angel, who is TG and does not dress all the time like a DQ. May have to explain that to non-Broadway people but that would be the one I would choose
angel. (http://images.wikia.com/rent/images/8/81/Poster_angel.jpg)

AmyGaleRT
11-12-2013, 05:19 PM
Great outfit, Christine! Go out there and do your sisters proud! :)

- Amy

Rachelakld
11-12-2013, 05:24 PM
Sound like fun, I had you pegged as Sandy from Grease. I'ld be more happy as me in any role except drag but with good company and good wine, why not :)

Alice B
11-12-2013, 05:37 PM
I agree that is is about time.I know that the first time going out dressed is somewhat hard to wrap your mind around, but I promise that it will be fun and a great experience. Since it is with friends and with your wife makes it all the better. Have fun and let us know how it goes.

Cheryl123
11-12-2013, 05:45 PM
You Go Girl! I haven't made the plunge myself (getting there!) but your presentation is great and I know you will do fine. Make your entrance with a boom-box playing Abba's "Dancing Girl" and you will be a hit. :eek::o

For future reference you might consider "Hedwig, the Angry Inch" -- a true story of a punk rocker from E. Berlin. It's funny, and unlike many movies, it treats Transsexuals with respect.

Have fun and keep us posted, please.

MssHyde
11-12-2013, 05:47 PM
you will be super fine

reb.femme
11-12-2013, 05:49 PM
Room on the outing for one more Christine? The outfit is certainly not from your own wardrobe....eek, perish the thought. However, this is a fantastic opportunity to strut your funky stuff.

Your biggest problem will not be explaining the costume but how you walk so well in heels :heehee:. Seeing as it's showbiz, "Have a Ball darling".

Rebecca

Beverley Sims
11-12-2013, 10:16 PM
Just do it well when you present yourself to the world.
Look good and be happy. :)

Violet-13
11-12-2013, 10:19 PM
you can do it, and remember any one who says any thing is mad that they couldn't pull it off