PDA

View Full Version : Hrt started today

Kandy Barr
11-12-2013, 06:37 PM
Excited and have no doubts about this path I've taken. After getting so much support from those who have gong before me on this path I thank you and would welcome you to share you're experiences of the effects I can look forward to as the hormone begins to take me to where I was always meant to go.:hugs::battingeyelashes:

I Am Paula
11-12-2013, 06:51 PM
Do you take your first dose in the car, outside the pharmacy?
Happy rebirth day!

mary something
11-12-2013, 09:04 PM
Congrats! First thing I noticed was my scent changed within a couple days. The muscles around my mouth and cheeks felt different, tighter maybe? I noticed that I found myself holding my face differently, I was smiling more lol. Within a couple weeks breasts were puffier and my skin especially on face was better. For the last few years I had dark areas under my eyes where the fat deposits had thinned and now no more dark circles under my eyes.

Leah Lynn
11-12-2013, 09:32 PM
Congratulations, Kandy! I've only been at it a month and a half, but already noticed breast shape and this morning I got the tender (OMG, don't touch!) nipples. I think something is happening mentally, as I'm much more relaxed and cry at dumb stuff.

Leah

S. Lisa Smith
11-12-2013, 09:41 PM
Good luck, have fun and be careful!!!

JohnH
11-12-2013, 10:21 PM
I guess I am comparitively an old veteran with the M2F HRT. I started estrogel in Sept 2011 and went to injectable estradiol in Sept 2012.

Long term - there is been a total elimination of the male scent. The skin has grown softer, and there are the beginnings of fat redistribution - I no longer have that Alfred Hitchcock profile. Also the face has become feminine in the appearance. I also have B cup breasts and I still have growth pains in my breasts.

I am a lot calmer and have a much more level disposition.

Johanna (John)

Marleena
11-12-2013, 10:48 PM
Congrats on your new journey Kandy!

I think I must be the strange one here because I started HRT out of necessity to control the GD. I found nothing exciting about starting it.

Rianna Humble
11-13-2013, 04:44 AM
Congratulations on taking the next step, Kandy. I think each of us has a slightly different recollection of what we first noticed so don't bee worried if you don't have the same miracle effects as Mary mentioned. For many of us it took a lot more than a couple of weeks to notice any significant change in the breast area.

I remember that for me, the most noticeable thing was a feeling of calm because this was "simply right".

A lot of people (including me) have noticed more difficulty with weight loss but a small number did not.

For me, the key was to relax and get on with becoming who I was always meant to be.

Angela Campbell
11-13-2013, 05:25 AM
For me the effects were subtle but noticeable after time. It has been almost 6 months I have been on estrogen. I have a good bit of breast development but the thing I like the most is the skin and face changes. I see a difference in the strangest places. My wrists, my arms, my face....the skin is softer all over. Body hair is almost gone, but I had little to start with. The feeling inside is hard to explain now. At first it was like , wow! I did feel a change but now it just seems natural and I feel like me, I cannot even remember what it was like before to compare anymore.

I first noticed changes in the breasts after 4 or 5 weeks. Not growth but a tingling and soreness.

The changes are visible to others as I am more often called she or her when I am not even trying. For instance when I go to the store and just didn't bother with makeup or a wig. Not really trying to look like a boy or a girl. I will still have to appear as a male at work for a few more months and it is getting harder to do so. In fact next week I have a meeting with my companies management to discuss how we are going to go about the transition at work. I plan to do so as soon as I get the legal name change.

The hormones have definitely increased my desire to transition completely. I cannot imagine not doing so. The seriousness of this has hit and my outlook is so different than it ever was before. I have reached the point of absolutely no room at all for BS.

Megan72
11-13-2013, 08:05 AM
Yay! Congratulations!

mary something
11-13-2013, 08:55 AM
didn't mean to make it sound "magical" lol, probably just excited ;) My chest area has always been man-boobish when relaxed, to the point that my endo asked at least three times if I had ever experimented with hrt on my own during my first couple visits with her. The difference after about a few weeks to a month was that it was slightly puffier (pointed out to me by my fiancee), the shape is slightly different and high beams almost all the time.

Marleena
11-13-2013, 10:04 AM
If you are on a T-blocker and not a low dose of estrogen you should feel a sense of calmness and feeling right within a couple of weeks. That was the most important thing for me and confirmed I was on the right track. Next it was a change in the skin (softening) and soreness in the breasts. The timelines and other effects will vary from person to person.

Barbara Ella
11-13-2013, 02:10 PM
Kandy, I am so happy that you are happily continuing on your journey. Just maintain this positive outlook through all that lies ahead. Depending on your med type and dosage levels, your reactions will have a wide variety of times when you begin to notice. Trust me, you will notice them. I have had breast growth, small B now, with significant nipple growth. much softer skin. Hair is much finer. I am weaker, and now that winter is arriving, I feel the cold so much more than before. I bruise easier, and the skin cuts easier, etc. etc. The biggest change is that i am just so much more frikken calmer than at any point in the last 5 years, and likely my life.

Enjoy and embrace them dear.

Barbara

thechic
11-14-2013, 12:58 AM
Congratulations and all the best, I know its an exciting time , just not being able to wait. all ways remember my first dose, then latter on the results.

Persephone
11-14-2013, 01:52 AM
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Hugs,
Persephone.

paulaprimo
11-14-2013, 02:21 AM
you do sound so much happier already. wishing you continued success and the very best :)

ArleneRaquel
11-14-2013, 02:30 AM
Congrats & Best Wishes !

Ellie52
11-14-2013, 02:51 AM
Best wishes K from the bottom of my heart. Marillion sang a song called "You get what you deserve" and you deserve the very very best.....Love E

gonegirl
11-14-2013, 03:09 AM
Dear Kandy,

I would really like to hear more about the path that led you to taking this big step forward. Also, are you under the care of an endocrinologist or are you self prescribing?

Sincerely,
Simone

Jennifer Marie P.
11-14-2013, 08:11 AM
Congrats Kandy your on your way.

DeidraDee63
11-14-2013, 09:31 AM
Congrats. and Good luck, I hope you enjoy the journey.
Hugs XXXX

Gigi
12-04-2013, 06:44 PM
how's it going Kandy??