PDA

View Full Version : femme music, or what you always listen to

mykell
11-12-2013, 06:49 PM
just a thought, do you listen to different type music when dressed or going out

Ceri Anne
11-12-2013, 07:16 PM
I listen to the same types weather dressed or drab. My taste is very eclectic, but I do have an overwhelming collection of chick music. I love the female singers. My all time favorite is Charlene's I've Never Been to Me. I don't think it gets any more chick than that. Love the song the first time I heard it in 82, long before I accepted having any female traits.

KayleeTaylor
11-12-2013, 07:34 PM
No, my taste in music remains the same. I also have a wide range of music, I listen to a lot of country, my fav artists are: Toby Keith, Taylor Swift, Alan Jackson, Eminem, Dr. Dre, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, t.A.T.u., Evanescence, In This Moment, A Skylit Drive, Xandria, The Cranberries, Fiona Apple, Britney Spears, Metallica, 3OH!3, I could go on.... :)

CarlaWestin
11-12-2013, 08:34 PM
My musical taste is and always has been whatever sounds good. Where I live, we're awash in good music all the time. The high end venues can get expensive. I like girl performers if I like the music. What's up with all this dee-dee-dee chicksy wicksy music lately, you know, like in the Prius adds on TV where they're driving through cartoon nirvana. My wife calls it lesbian music.

Linda E. Woodworth
11-12-2013, 08:38 PM
No, I don't have any specific music that I only listen to when enfemme. My tastes aslways run the same from Yanni to AC/DC, it just depends upon my mood.

Candice Mae
11-12-2013, 08:51 PM
Music doesn't change, Kreator, Overkill, Megadeth, Death, Vader, Destruction, Warbringer, Evile, Havok...ect

Christina Kay
11-12-2013, 09:25 PM
Nope, same music, drab or enfemme. Springsteen , I'm just a jersey girl :) hugs

Toni Citara
11-12-2013, 09:30 PM
I don't change my music according to my clothing... I'm all over the spectrum, literally. One moment I can be listening to Kenny Chesney, then Sammy Hagar, and later Kid Rock, Papa Roach, Marilyn Manson, Rob Zombie, Candy Dulfer, Dave Koz, Eric Church, Bee Gees, Mozart, on and on. I literally have over 2tb of music, and when I was a DJ in the 80s/90s I had a collection of LPs, 12" singles, 7" singles, and CDs that was just crazy. The moment a CD burner was available and in the "under $200" range, I got one and started experimenting with not just burning discs, but also making "gift discs" for family and friends. LOL

I'm such a music *****, I know.

Robin777
11-12-2013, 09:30 PM
Nope, I still listen to the same music dressed or drab. I like everything from 60's rock,Motown to bluegrass and some country. Taste doesn't change. Changes to one end or the other of this spectrum depending on my mood.

julia marie
11-12-2013, 09:31 PM
Just recently I've started to listen to more female singers when i've been en femme because it does help a bit in terms of working on my voice. If I'm driving for an hour or so, listening to female singers helps me to get into mode a bit.

Beverley Sims
11-12-2013, 09:53 PM
Music is music and I like what I listen to.
I do sing along with Helen Shapiro because that is voice training for me.
No use trying for a soprano again.
Burl Ives has a fascination for me....
The tune....
Mr, In Between.
The favourite line..
"To see all the men makin' time with their babies,"
"While I run around like a dog with the rabies"
Well Burl Ives isn't good for voice training.
Yep I am still Mr. In Between.

I see a new thread coming on here. :)

Cynthia Anne
11-13-2013, 01:59 AM
My taste in music never changes! I'm as country as country gets!

Jennifer Kelly
11-13-2013, 02:13 AM
Jennifer may not listen to as much Metallica, Disturbed, or Pantera as my guy self does but pretty much everything else is still on the table. Which makes me a rare thing. A girl who likes Rush. :)

BOBBI G.
11-13-2013, 06:22 AM
I'm the 60's through the early 2000's. Not crazy about the music of today. Can listen to jazz anytime, night or day.

Bobbi

iGenny
11-13-2013, 08:07 AM
When I started dressing, I wondered if I should like different music. Nope. My tastes are still all over the map, and I've kept the same general likes and dis-likes. I did open a Pandora account, though, and created my own station stuffed with women singers that I like so that, like others have mentioned, I can sing along in my upper range. I used to love singing along with Karen Carpenter when I was in high school.

Georgina
11-13-2013, 08:17 AM
No my music taste doesn't change. I am still the same person.

clarisse-tv
11-13-2013, 08:23 AM
No I don't listen to other music however I think that I dance easily when dressed other than this I remain myself :)

BLUE ORCHID
11-13-2013, 09:05 AM
Hi Mikell, I like the same music in both modes.

Desiree2bababe
11-13-2013, 11:04 AM
Shania Twain is always a winner. I also like some of the dirtier rap girls.....

Cheryl T
11-13-2013, 04:55 PM
What exactly is "femme music"?
I prefer smooth jazz and classic rock and that's that...

Vanessa5
11-13-2013, 07:28 PM
I enjoy everything but country. Just the twang of it drives me up the wall. Some of the hard core rap is also. Really if it has a good rythm and beat I'll like it.

AmyGaleRT
11-13-2013, 10:10 PM
I do have an "Amy's Music" playlist, and associated stations on Pandora, Spotify, and iTunes Radio, which helps me get in a feminine mood. It has music primarily from female pop artists from the 90's and 00's, e.g. Lady Gaga, Britney Spears, Spice Girls, Rihanna, Beyonce, etc. It also has some "boy band" music (Backstreet Boys, N*SYNC) and some music going back to the 80's. Sometimes I use it for vocal practice; one of my favorite songs to practice in Amy-voice is the Pussycat Dolls' "Don't Cha." :)

- Amy

Amy R Lynn
11-13-2013, 10:18 PM
I have found that my music taste has pretty much blended together. I listen to a lot of the top ten groups, girl vocals, rock, metal, country, rap. I have a very wide variety. I do tend to listen to more female vocal led bands when I'm in Amy mode though. I love to sing along. It helps me get more of my girl on.

Elisa Lace
11-13-2013, 10:26 PM
In the beginning, there was Jack, and Jack had a groove,
And from this groove came the groove of all grooves,
And while one day viciously throwing down on his box, Jack boldy declared,
“Let there be HOUSE!”
and house music was born.
“I am, you see,
I am the creator, and this is my house!
And, in my house there is ONLY house music.
But, I am not so selfish because once you enter my house it then becomes OUR house and OUR house music!”
And, you see, no one man owns house because house music is a universal language, spoken and understood by all.
You see, house is a feeling that no one can understand really unless you’re deep into the vibe of house.

So yeah... house is genreless and it flooooows in my veins freely in both chick and dude modes. :)

Eryn
11-13-2013, 10:53 PM
In either mode I listen mostly to classical music. That is rather fitting, since most of the composers were males who wore wigs. :)

Krystalina
11-14-2013, 12:27 AM
Listen to all types of music, and I can't even say I prefer specific artists. For example, I like Kanye West's "Power" and AC/DC's "Big Gun", but I don't like buying their CDs. Then, as an anime otaku, I love J-pop like Folder 5, Sambomaster, Asian Kung Fu Generation, and Shojo S(I think that is their name...they sung the Bleach 10 opening and the last Bleach anime opening), among others.

As a wrestling fan, I love their songs...Sheamus, The Miz(AWESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMEEEE!), Randy Orton's original "Burn In My Light", Ryback's "Meat On The Table"...so these songs are usually in my CD collection along with your Quiet Riot and Outkast. And damn the video games...Saint Row III and IV made me go look for "The Touch"(made famous in the 1986 Transformers movie).

BTW, personally I always hated the genderizing of music. I have friends that are the stereotypical "macho male" types(which is why I would never tell them I'm a crossdresser), and I remember one having a fit when I was listening to Boyz II Men's "Mama" in the car when I picked him up. Music is music, imo.

sometimes_miss
11-14-2013, 07:53 AM
I go from kpop to psychedelic, disco to jazz, swing, and rock of all eras (although punk and grunge aren't on any of my playlists). A little classical, a little country thrown in. The only thing I can't listen to is rap, it's like nails on a blackboard; it has the same effect on me as Pop goes the weasel did on Curly Howard (for the non 3 stooges fans here, basically a short period of listening to rap makes me want to punch someone in the face repeatedly until they turn it off).

reb.femme
11-14-2013, 12:13 PM
Vocal Trance whether I'm drab or fab! :battingeyelashes:
My brain is jelly after all the years of thumpety thump, so couldn't make a decision to change now.

Rebecca

reb.femme
11-14-2013, 12:16 PM
Music doesn't change, Kreator, Overkill, Megadeth, Death, Vader, Destruction, Warbringer, Evile, Havok...ect

Did you deliberately miss Andy Williams from that list? :heehee:

Tracii G
11-14-2013, 12:52 PM
I'm into the same music no matter which gender I'm presenting as.
Could be metal one day and classical the next and anything else in between.