PDA

View Full Version : What next?

Amelia08
11-13-2013, 03:54 PM
So I have recently wanted to start getting a little more serious about my dressing. A couple terrified trips to the store, buying more clothes and that kind of thing. I just don't know what the next step is or where to start. I have always felt somewhat lost and awkward in regards to crossdressing. I am also really terrible at makeup. I really want a girl to help me out. I have dressed around my girlfriend of a year for most of our relationship and really she hasn't even said anything about it and pretty much ignores it these days. Every other girl I have showed pictures to has had a brief conversation with me about it and never really mentioned it again. I even told a good friend the other day just because I thought I could get a rise out of her. All she had to say was good for you. I just don't know what to say without sounding obsessed or pushy. Ugh maybe I just needed to rant.

teri222
11-13-2013, 04:09 PM
I think you need to find a good support group in your area, like maybe tri-Ess. You could
look on line for one close to you. Sounds like you are needing a good outlet for "dressing"

Cynthia Anne
11-13-2013, 04:24 PM
Get really brave and visit your beauty shop! I bet they can help you more then you may think!

kimdl93
11-13-2013, 04:25 PM
ok. so are you waiting for your GF to volunteer her assistance? It might be a long wait. Instead, why not engage her in a conversation. I presume you want to tell her what you told us - that you suck at make up and desperately need her help. So, tell her that.

Asking for help isn't being pushy.

CarlaWestin
11-13-2013, 04:33 PM
You kinda' got the rant part out of the way. I would suggest a good next step would be to go and have a professional makeup session at a place like MAC. Or, better yet, just invest some time and effort to perfecting your own makeup.

That's what I did recently since I :facepalm: chickened on the MAC thing.

Amelia08
11-13-2013, 04:40 PM
A professional make up session would be a dream. Mostly I am just surprised at how you can tell someone your biggest secret and they really just don't care.

Julie Gaum
11-13-2013, 06:58 PM
Wrong Amelia, your present GF and others do care but don't understand where you're coming from. For the majority of females do not have a clue and for those that do --- most of them, due to parental upbringing, religion, conservative areas of the country and so on, have an inbred loathing, hate, fear of gender deviation; in fact what one doesn't understand or seems strange creates barricades --- human nature. Not their fault really just don't know any better. Reading books and Internet, exposure to CDs at regular meetings being held in most cities, Tri-Ess being a national endeavor. There are perpetual threads on this Forum as to how to go about explaining the very wide spectrum of dressers --- what they do and why they do it--- huge variety! And it does take time, rejections and some sucesses. Get started.
Julie

Beverley Sims
11-13-2013, 10:22 PM
f they know and accept, DON'T remind them all the time.
This is one of the biggest failings amongst CDers is that they continually ask opinions of their butt ugly appearance from those alread accepting.
You know when you are making progress when you receive gifts and compliments.
Getting out shopping together is a great boost to the ego, just let your partner take charge and lead you.
NOT you leading your partner.
What next? :)
Wait for her next move, show some signs of invisibility, this brings the best out of your partner.