PDA

View Full Version : The ritual, a tribute to Mom (long)

CarlaWestin
11-13-2013, 05:36 PM
I'm nearing the end of a nice vacation that I've had the house all to myself for seven days. I haven't had this much private Carla time in over three years so I've savored every moment. The first day was spent catching my breath and then shopping to accumulate everything needed for the next day's transformation. Makeup, fishnets, makeup remover (very important), applicators, deodorant, razors, etc.

For some reason I was thinking back about growing up the youngest of five in the early sixties. My mother worked a full time office job and I would watch as she got ready for work in the morning. There was a ritual to it. She would bath, powder up, pull on panties and girdle, put on her bra with those little foam falsies, pull on stockings and connect the garters and step into high heels. Then she would sit and apply her makeup and fuss with her hair until everything was perfect. And then, clip on earrings. She never had her ears pierced.

Before she put her dress on, she would run around the house tending to all of us and fussing with my father and finishing her coffee all while dressed in fabulous white functional lingerie and sheer stockings and high heel pumps. Every time she took a sip of coffee she would re-apply her lipstick and leave a nice red half kiss on the rim of the cup. It was quite a memorable scene. Kinda' like growing up with Bettie Page running around.

So, on my morning, I mimicked the same ritual and just had the best time. Stepping out of the shower and powdering up. Fully dressed in lingerie, stockings and heels applying makeup and fussing with my wig. Right down to the lipstick on my coffee cup. Before my dress went on, I fed and attended to all of our pets. Then, feeling rather scandalous, I stepped outside and walked out to check the mailbox which is on the street between me and the neighbor. I don't think Mom would have done that. I sat on the back patio and finished my coffee. I had to get to work! Back in the house I put on my new maid's dress and petticoat and got to work sweeping the pool deck. When I checked the video camera I found the nice shot which is now my profile picture.

Have any of you ever honored a role model or life event when femulating?

Kate Simmons
11-13-2013, 06:00 PM
I got the impression that Mom was watching you do that and was happy and proud of you for being yourself. :)

Beverley Sims
11-13-2013, 10:29 PM
I often think of my mother's dressing ritual.
Means more to me now than it did then.

Shari
11-14-2013, 06:22 AM
My Mom was my very own June Cleaver in my house.
The femininity was thick and the memories of those times are oh, so sweet.

ruthie801
11-14-2013, 07:32 AM
Very sweet story I can relate to you very much. I came from the same place almost. I remember doing that same ritual in my mother's things so many years ago.

Rhonda Darling
11-14-2013, 07:53 AM
Carla:

My own memories of Mom are similarly fond. When I was quite young I remember Mom dressing much as you describe your mom. However, I recall her having me help fasten her bra, and she taught me to file nails, remove cuticle, and paint her nails, skills that are very beneficial now. I also learned how garters attach to stockings and the proper way to put on stockings without running them.

I'm glad others have similar fond memories.

Best, Rhonda

Robbin_Sinclair
11-14-2013, 08:12 AM
Similar memories but more contemporary. My wife. My mother was a trip. Not sure about her morning. Jerky movement, never the same thing day by day. Often up middle of night. Liked her beer.

For me, that is a great part of my CD experience. If alone, I go about a routine...an established routine...and spend a period of time in blissful femininity. My mindset as a woman is very pleasant.

Like now. :hugs: rBBn