PDA

View Full Version : What perks?

Kate Simmons
11-14-2013, 08:28 AM
What are the perks you expect to gain by spending the time, effort and resources to look and act like a woman? Some expect few to none, other than self satisfaction. Others expect a lot, including being seen and thought of as a woman. What perks do you expect to gain? This may offer some insight to SO's who can't seem to wrap their heads around why their man wants to CD. :)

Linda E. Woodworth
11-14-2013, 08:30 AM
I don't expect any perks and never thought of it.

I just try to look and act as femine as possible when I'm enfemme.

MarciManseau
11-14-2013, 08:38 AM
For me, it's all about being who I really am. I was never comfortable or happy looking like a male. Hated it!

One of the best perks for me is all the wonderful clothes and also the attention I get from cute guys.

Beverley Sims
11-14-2013, 09:17 AM
The only perks I look for are to stay out of trouble and have a pleasant interaction with those I meet.
Present sensibly and it usually goes to plan.

Kate,
I like your long hair, fantastic makeup, must have used lots or is that a cement base you are using.
I note you have really cinched your corset up today.
Your arms look skinny.
I would stop dieting. :)

robindee36
11-14-2013, 09:24 AM
Kate, not sure I see any 'perks' as I understand the term. I enjoy transforming into a woman, or the closest thing genetics and makeup skills allows for. I thoroughly enjoy the company of others like me and frequenting establishments that accept us. If we equate enjoyment of time enfemme to a perk, guess that would be my definition. Enjoyment = perks.

Hugs, Robin

Jennifer in CO
11-14-2013, 09:24 AM
sanity....

Zylia
11-14-2013, 09:32 AM
Doing something I enjoy in the little time I have.

EllenJo
11-14-2013, 09:37 AM
For me the only "perk I get from dressing is a feeling of complete calm and normalcy. For my wife, she gets a husband that wears skirts and blouses that loves to clean house and cook meals. I think we both win.
Hugs
Ellen Jo

mykell
11-14-2013, 09:41 AM
i like the way i look and feel when dressed in dresses and heels, didn't do it to fool anyone. i feel pretty.

karenfry
11-14-2013, 10:05 AM
I just feel more like myself when I transform into a woman,it seems so natural to be like this.

Tina B.
11-14-2013, 10:11 AM
sanity....

I have to agree with Jennifer, I don't dress because I want to, I dress because I need to.

SherriePall
11-14-2013, 10:34 AM
Ah, Kate, another of your questions to jog the brain cells awake.
The only perk for me, I believe, is that I feel good about myself when the hair goes on as the last finishing touch to my transformation. I am, then, myself. Not that person who claims to be me the rest of the time.

Kate Simmons
11-14-2013, 11:38 AM
One of my perks is that I can make my imagination a reality. If you note in my recent avatars Bev, the accent has been mostly on cleavage. That's coming along nicely mostly on it's own without too much help from me.The rest of it is just plain morphing. Mystique taught me that part ;). I didn't use to be a "cleavage gal" but that is changing.:battingeyelashes::)

Persephone
11-14-2013, 12:57 PM
I like Jennifer's answer, "Sanity." It is about becoming one with my lifelong identity.

For me the perk is moving into "girlworld," a bit like Alice going through the mirror. I become "one of the girls" and get to hang with my friends. It is the most incredible life.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Jackie7
11-14-2013, 01:52 PM
I never expected this: women friends relate differently with me, more sisterly and supportively like women ordinarily do with one another. I always had close woman friends. One aspect of dressing for me is learning from, even imitating, women I admire. The more effort I put into my femme presentation, the more warmth I receive from woman friends. I never expected this but find it a wonderful perk.

Rachael Leigh
11-14-2013, 01:55 PM
This is a great question, I guess for me it is about feeling good about myself. Don't know why but never liked my looks as a guy and this way I can express myself in a different way. I enjoy the fun and work to get pretty but that term is used loosely on me LOL
I feel more energy dressed and that is for sure one thing Ive never understood. I also do feel it enhances my sexuality for what that's worth.

Cynthia Anne
11-14-2013, 03:30 PM
I also think ''sanity'' has a lot to do with it! I just want to be me and left alone!

Jaylyn
11-14-2013, 03:57 PM
Can't really say I do the Cd thing for any little perks. I do it cause I feel relaxed when I am dressed and I love the feel of the softness of the clothes against my body. I guess the perks are it sometimes gets me aroused just looking at myself in the mirror. I love the makeup and posing around the house. Aye all these things are perks. Sometimes my nipples get perky..... Lol

Seana Summer
11-14-2013, 04:25 PM
I don't know that I can say I aspire to look and act like a women, I just really enjoy wearing womens clothing. So I am not sure that you are all that interested in my thoughts.............. but here they are anyway.

1 Perk is having friends in a community such as this, where we can share this strange obsession that has been with many of us from an early age. Like many other groups, we have a common bond, strange as it may seem to the outside world

2nd perk comfort. I think one of the most comfortable clothing combinations, male or female, I have ever worn is well fitting silky nylons and a soft sweater dress in the winter. I just don't understand why so many GG's shun nylons.

3rd perk- escape from being Responsible me. My corner of Society, IMO, dumps a lot of expectations and responsibility on men. Yes I know GG's have lots of responsibilities too but it is not true everywhere. I feel like I can let all that go for a short while when I change into a totally different set of cloths.

chrissy111
11-14-2013, 04:30 PM
My perk, likeing the way I feel and look when dressed.

Maryesther M.
11-14-2013, 04:32 PM
Well, we wouldn't do it unless there was some 'perk' along the line. For me it's the buzz I still get from climbing into femme things, which are a lot more form-fitting than drab and flattering, too.
I always arrange to take some pics. when I've gone to the trouble of getting all dolled up femme and the pleasure I get from editing these greatly extends the overall CD experience long after I've had to pack everything away from prying eyes.

I get quite a turn-on from looking at my femme pics, strange as it may seem. That's a perk, for sure!

M.

May(be)
11-14-2013, 04:36 PM
What perks? Nipples... perky little nipples.

Dressing gives me a certain bounce to my step.

suchacutie
11-14-2013, 04:50 PM
Tina is an adventure for both me and my wife. We were blown away by finding here 8 years ago and our curiosity about who she has been and about who she will be. Satisfying that curiosity, we felt, could only come about by letting Tina have a life (hence my bi-line). So for us it's the satisfaction of our curiosity, the closeness that my wife and I share through Tina, and then incredible anticipation and excitement the comes along every time Tina appears. After all, we never know what Tina will discover next, or what we will discover about her.

Lexi Moralas
11-14-2013, 04:54 PM
I guess to escape reality and have some fun for a little while

carhill2mn
11-14-2013, 06:11 PM
Perks? Enjoying how I look and feel! Also, I enjoy being treated as a lady when I am out.

wilt575
11-14-2013, 06:22 PM
Don't know if it is really considered a perk. Just wamt to be accepted as a female on the outside, as I feel I am on the inside 24/7 365. Also improve my some what natural curves and feminine physique with some good hormone therapy from my doctor. She already knows my feelings and is cool with them. Which surprised me about female doctor.

Vanessa5
11-14-2013, 07:45 PM
I am with the looks and feel crowd. One of the best perks though is just to be myself.

Jaymees22
11-14-2013, 08:27 PM
The biggest perk is the ability to feel this good by just changing our clothes. I think it's nearly impossible to explain this to a non crossdresser. I really feel that we are a small select group that has found a special yet secret way to cope. Jaymee

MissTee
11-15-2013, 07:06 PM
No perk. Just being me. All of me.

Diversity
11-15-2013, 07:10 PM
I do not expect any perks other than what you mentioned - enjoying the fun of crossdressing and gaining self-satisfaction from the 'adventure' of doing it! My journey is one of exploring this wonderful CD fog!
Di

Maria 60
11-15-2013, 09:21 PM
How never really thought of that, I guess doing something that my instinct tells me to do and it feels so good and enjoyable. If only other men really knew what they are missing. Good post it was very interesting to read what everyone else said.

CarlaWestin
11-15-2013, 09:44 PM
If by perks you imply extra life bonus, I get to live an average life knowing that, when I have a chance, there's this whole other world, just on the other side of the looking glass. That woman in the mirror, with the beautiful makeup, hair and figure steps away from the man she was. It's a euphoric experience that trumps any other life perk. YMMV

NathalieX66
11-15-2013, 10:03 PM
I've been to LGBT clubs, and one perk is I have had gay guys buy me drinks, even though I'm not really attracted to men.....I'm really just a cheapskate. :battingeyelashes:

What it all comes down to is I'm being me, there really is no perk required.

Eryn
11-15-2013, 11:20 PM
It is the ability to express myself more freely and perhaps to experience just a tiny bit of what Persephone refers to as "girl world."

Oh, and on occasion gentlemen have given us their seats. :)

Claire Cook
11-16-2013, 08:07 AM
For me the only "perk I get from dressing is a feeling of complete calm and normalcy. For my wife, she gets a husband that wears skirts and blouses that loves to clean house and cook meals. I think we both win.
Hugs
Ellen Jo

Works for me!

JenniferLynn0370
11-17-2013, 02:03 AM
Not sure about the "perks" aspect, but I do relish the feeling of looking like the woman I am on the inside!

HelenR2
11-17-2013, 10:00 AM
The major perk, for me, is a calmness that seeps into me as I am finishing getting dressed and stays with me until I have to undress.

sometimes_miss
11-17-2013, 12:27 PM
What are the perks you expect to gain by spending the time, effort and resources to look and act like a woman? Some expect few to none, other than self satisfaction. Others expect a lot, including being seen and thought of as a woman. What perks do you expect to gain? This may offer some insight to SO's who can't seem to wrap their heads around why their man wants to CD. :)
In fact, it will usually only cause a GG to see how blind you are to the difficulties that exist to being a woman, and you can expect it to escalate into quite an argument over which sex has it harder and easier in life, an argument no man will ever win, so why try that maneuver in the first place? It's just looking for trouble, and it won't end happily, I guarantee you.
If you're looking to find a reason to explain to a GG why you want to dress, make yourself up, and behave like she does, be very prepared to explain why you're doing all the things she does to attract men, if you're not doing it for that reason as well.
The perks a GG gets from being pretty and feminine are all related to being attractive to, and getting the attention and favors of, males. So be prepared to explain away your underlying homosexual/bisexual desires; because while it can be done, the chances of her believing you are slim indeed.
I'm just saying; you're opening up a very large can of worms here.

Kate Simmons
11-17-2013, 12:44 PM
I don't really think every SO will think their man is trying to attract the opposite sex Lexi, some of them just strive to understand it. I know many will think (like my wife did) that how she looks is not good enough, so that their man has to create his own "woman" who he likes better. That is rarely, if ever, the case. We strive to reach understanding of motivations but even if we don't succeed as the anwser is so nebulous, we at least try and that goes a long way with an understanding woman.:)

Persephone
11-17-2013, 02:54 PM
The perks a GG gets from being pretty and feminine are all related to being attractive to, and getting the attention and favors of, males.

Be prepared to have your male ego bubble burst. Women do not live in a perpetual state of desiring a male. Maybe pubescent teens spend a great deal of their time dreaming of guys, but most of the rest of the female population is far too busy to spend much time obsessing about men.

Most of the time women dress for many other reasons.

Hugs,
Persephone.

kimdl93
11-19-2013, 11:15 AM
As others have commented, I don't expect any perks, unless feeling fully at ease and at home in ones own skin is considered a perk. It's certainly a benefit.

Chickhe
11-19-2013, 01:40 PM
The largest perk for me was gaining self confidence...learning to feel good about something that I felt was wrong from childhood to being an adult and feeling free to experiment with gender. But, the real advantage to feeling self confident is peeling back all the onion skins on the other parts of my life when I felt repressed, fear...now in general I am more open, calm, outgoing, its hard to quantify it, but feeling like you are hiding or that you can't share something as harmless as cross dressing really takes a toll.

JuliaM
11-19-2013, 05:25 PM
Cd'ing "completes" me. I finally feel happy with who I am. And I love how I feel in girl mode!

Laura28
11-19-2013, 05:43 PM
Well, for me there was never a perk in fact i hated when the uge came although i did get excited by it ( the urge of getting dressed not sexual). Then i found this wonderful forum and all the wonderful people on it who are supportive and encourging, that is a perk. I have a very high stressed job and travel 3 out of 4 weeks on average, and dressing in my hotel room just gives me a little time to escape from the real world and just enjoyu being the woman i love when i look in the mirror.
MY Wife reminded me of her perk as well, she get a loving caring Hubby and girl friend who loves to do household chores lol. She always says give you a pair of panties and thi highs and sit back because i get all fired up to clean the house.LOL.

I think most of all the perk i get now is finally feeling whole and not ashamed of my little past time, and that is mostly due to this forum and all of you. Thanks

sometimes_miss
11-20-2013, 05:24 PM
Be prepared to have your male ego bubble burst. Women do not live in a perpetual state of desiring a male. Most of the time women dress for many other reasons.
Persephone.
Edit. I had a long explanation written, but basically it comes down to this. If we're going to talk, walk, dress, behave, emulate and do our best to look like beautiful, sexy women, real women will usually assume we're doing it to attract men. You can come up with any other reason you want; good luck convincing women of those other reasons.