PDA

View Full Version : Observations of males wearing skirts etc

Helen MC
01-01-2006, 04:04 AM
I'm not referring to TV and CD events, meet-ups in hotels etc but in everday life. How often and in what situations have you observed a male wearing a skirt, dress or other quite obviously female clothing?

Here in the UK in recent years I have seen a few instances. I one case I was coming back from London one evening and walked from the Railway Station to my home. In the queue for a Club frequented by the 18-30 age group stood a couple, boy and girl of about 22 or so. Both were identically dressed. Black velvet jacket, white blouse, and a matching knee length skirt for BOTH partners, and black knee length boots. Both also had long black hair but he had a neaty trimed beard. Without making my staring too obvious I did observe him closely and it was not a "skort" or wide shorts but an identical "A" line skirt as his girfriend was wearing. The interesting thing was that nobody in the queue seemed to mind or make any adverse comment and even the bouncers on the door let them both enter the Club as I passed by. Is this a sign of greater toleration by the younger generation? One can only hope!

I was also walking through a suburb one afternoon when a teenaged boy of about 16 I'd say came out of his house to meet a female friend who had called at the door. The interesting thing was that he was wearing a girl's grey pleated skirt. At first I thought it was a rather "butch" and flat-chested girl with short hair but when I heard them speaking as I passed the voice was quite male not at all girlish. Again he was definitely wearing a skirt not grey shorts, nor a kilt of any type. Given the time of day I don't think he was going to a party in fancy dress or anything and again neither he nor the other person seemd to be concerned that they had been seen by a passer-by (me), as my being in drab at the time they had no way to know that I was sympathetic.

I have also seen a man in his 20s in a Sarong as worn by David Beckham. When he famously wore one a few years ago now, and alos admittedcthat he wears his wife Victoria's (Posh Spice) Thongs, I had hoped that this would have started a fashion amongst British men but this came to nothing, perhaps because Beckham has as many people who strongly dislike him as he has fans. What is needed is for a widely popular man, maybe a music or media star, to openly Crossdress and start a trend.

As for men wearing women's underwear, over here in the UK that is more difficult to detect as for many years now many men and boys have worn underpants which are identical to women's panties in many ways, having no fly opening in the front, elastic round the leg bands, a double gusset and being in various colours and patterns. I have however when getting changed to play Golf observed a few other players wearing Women's Sloggi Briefs as I do myself , in one case a bloke wearing a pink pair. Of course I didn't remark on this and was careful not to let him see me looking. The man in question didn't look feminine in any way and you wouldn't have gven him a second look in the street as he changed from his Golfing clothes into the jeans and polo shirt he was wearing.

Have any of you had similar observations of males in skirts, dresses, panties or other female clothing in ordinary situations, that is not at CD/TV gatherings or meet-ups?

Stormgirl
01-01-2006, 04:07 AM
A bit off topic here and I apologise since Im really intoxicated but god damn I LOVE what the female officers in the Army wear.I wish I could borrow their clothes just a while :\

Helen MC
01-01-2006, 04:11 AM
It's New Year so anyone can get a bit drunk!

Yes, some female uniforms are fun for CDs, schoolgirl uniform, nurses, Female Police uniform, Female Armed Forces with those lovely tight skirts etc.

LeatherPixie
01-01-2006, 04:25 AM
Yay! It's New Years!

I too, am quite the intoxicated girly! I have to say, schoolgirl uniforms are RAWR! Yummy!

Although, any woman with a gun makes Pixie a bit nervous *giggle* :confused:

Anyways, Happy New Years!:p

Helen MC
01-01-2006, 04:32 AM
Aubery, I assume you have Army Surplus stores both walk in and Internet in the USA as we have in the UK. I have used these to buy some nice women's uniforms and airline hostesses too, nice bum (butt) hugging skirts.

Rikki Elisabeth
01-01-2006, 08:40 AM
Europe [the UK] seems to be the trend setter. Other than another CD, I have only seen one male wearing a skirt. He got a look of stares and whispers. I wear them frequently when running to the store, etc., but I always have my wig.

Thank the Pilgrims and the Puritans for the way we lag behind.

eleventhdr
01-01-2006, 08:53 AM
For sure it is still hight time males be allowed to wear skirts dresses as seen fit wether or not they are feminine or not either way skirts dresses for males Here here all around. So let it be now at long last. Suzy!. And then underneath of them also slips panties whathave you for us males as well I thinmk and feel they are very nice and comfortable. And very praticale for males as well. Oh well!. Suzy!.

Rikki Elisabeth
01-01-2006, 08:56 AM
Hmmmmm! Call them togas and the ad could be: "Make a every day a toga party!!! You animal!

JennyCD
01-01-2006, 08:56 AM
On topic: I live in a very redneck-centric area so no men wearing skirts here. It's too bad really. It would be great if skirts became acceptable for men as they are just so much more comfortable.

It's not surprising that the younger people would be the ones to start tearing down the taboos, as it's always been that way. Sadly, most become more conservative as they get older, but every once in a while some of those taboos remain down.

Tiffy
01-01-2006, 10:08 AM
Jenny, I agree that it is to bad. You would think here in the south some man would have worn a skirt in public just to cool things off. I know there are many times in the summer when I tell my wife I wish I could just wear a skirt. To dang hot here in the summer. Skirts would be a very good thing.

Kisses, April Marie

Helen MC
01-01-2006, 10:26 AM
No disrespect intended and I am sure there are many fair and open minded folk in the South -after all didn't Bill Clinton come from Arkansas and isn't that a Southern State? However apart from Dubya you have all those "Christian" Right Bible Thumpers such as Pat Robertson, Pat Buchannan, Oral Roberts (now that is a name to conjure with) , Jesse Helms etc, not to mention the KKK! I fear that a man wearing a skirt or dress in some parts might well be beaten up if not worse. :(

KathrynW
01-01-2006, 12:06 PM
No disrespect intended and I am sure there are many fair and open minded folk in the South -after all didn't Bill Clinton come from Arkansas and isn't that a Southern State? However apart from Dubya you have all those "Christian" Right Bible Thumpers such as Pat Robertson, Pat Buchannan, Oral Roberts (now that is a name to conjure with) , Jesse Helms etc, not to mention the KKK! I fear that a man wearing a skirt or dress in some parts might well be beaten up if not worse. :(
Beaten up if not worse, is putting it too lightly. In my area, any male attired in a skirt in public would more than likely end up wearing his @$$ for a hat...
You simply don't ever see this happen in most of the south, midwest and/or rural areas. ;)

Darlena
01-01-2006, 12:18 PM
As long as I have longed for acceptance I quite hesitate to embrace the neuvo conceptualized "Skirts For Men." I believe that when it is considered normal and commonplace for a hetero-male to wear a `Man Skirt' then I'll resign my status as a cross-dresser, since there would be nothing to cross over to.

tammie
01-01-2006, 12:40 PM
Hi All and Happy New Year: I have never seen a man in a woman's skirt in Phx Az. (next zip code over from hell), I have seen men in kilts and both men and women in utilikilts.

I am in a pipes and drums highland band and we wear kilts whenever we perform, I always wear VS panties under mine. When ever women ask what I am wearing under my kilt I always look them straight in the eye and answer "socks and shoes lassie". I always get either a squeal or giggle.

I have been saluted by non coms on an airforce base while in my kilt, they were appearantly not sure who I was. And I had a great experience that Aubrey will appreciate. I was walking to my car, and I was crossing paths with this beautiful young USAF officer in her dress uniform. She gave me a 300 watt smile and said "U look great in a skirt", I smiled back and said " U look better"! and believe me she did. Who would have guessed that beautiful young women in the USAF would be wearing 4" heels and such hot tight skirts. I now have a new fantasy woman.

I have a kilt that I wear for going out to parties, a Black Watch Tartan 13oz full 8 yrds and it looks great. I wore it to a Christmas party and was the only man there in a kilt. It seems some women love seeing a mna in a kilt as I have been told several times " I love a man in a skirt". If they only knew.

I just placed a abid yesterday on a black pleated short skirt [20 in.] on ebay. I have a blackskirt now, but it is below my knees and I just adore short pleated skirts.

Rachel Morley
01-01-2006, 05:36 PM
As you know I'm a Brit who now lives in California. You'd think that perhaps I would of seen at least one "alternative guy" in a skirt maybe, but no....none.

In Sacramento where we live....never. I've been to San Francisco a dozen times....no, not there either. Marla and I spent a week in New York City in the spring and although we did see "alternative people" there were no men in skirts.

So I can honestly say that as far as I am concerned, here in "my America" the only guys I have seen in anything other than jeans or shorts was a couple of guys in Kilts in a parade once in San Francisco, but I don't think that counts does it?

When I last vacationed in the Canary Islands about 5 years ago, we were walking along the beach front area where all the bars and shops were and I saw two guys looking pretty tanned and muscular with tight fitting white t-shirts but they were also wearing multi-colored/patterned ankle length sarong skirts. That's the only time I've seen it.

Julie York
01-01-2006, 05:52 PM
I saw a guy on a bus a few years back wearing a two piece women's business suit and shoes to match. But I don't think he really counts. He also had a full beard and told me he was Jesus.

KathrynW
01-01-2006, 05:59 PM
I saw a guy on a bus a few years back wearing a two piece women's business suit and shoes to match. But I don't think he really counts. He also had a full beard and told me he was Jesus.
Well...that's just greattttt...
Now we find out Jesus is a crossdresser...:evilbegon
btw...how high were the heels? ankle straps?
:naughty

JennyCD
01-01-2006, 06:30 PM

Hey, you never know. Maybe he was. :eek:

Butterfly Bill
01-01-2006, 06:53 PM
At Rainbow Gatherings and at concerts of the Greatful Dead and the bands that inherited their following, like Phish, men in cotton wrap-around skirts in Madras patterns have been a common sight. You might also see them at a hippie event in the city sometimes. And at a coffehouse in Tulsa where lots of 20-somethings come in goth punk attire I sometimes see a male in a skirt.

And I live in Oklahoma and nobody has beat me up yet. I've even been able to visit Oral Roberts University in a rayon dress. There are just a few bars that you won't find me going into (in drag or drab).

Jesse69
01-01-2006, 07:23 PM
I posted a past thread about a man wearing a skirt in my neighborhood (Wicker Park, Chicago - IL) and that he got laughed at. He had a good beard and moustache too. It was a long skirt over sweat pants that he was wearing. Another time I saw a man dressed in a femme pants outfit by the bus stop. No one bothered him. The I saw a cdr in full drag at my grocery store - shopping with his sister or girlfriend ?

So if I went out in full drag I would be an unusual sight too. But I think I'm passable but to chicken to go out.

KathrynW
01-01-2006, 07:34 PM
I posted a past thread about a man wearing a skirt in my neighborhood (Wicker Park, Chicago - IL) and that he got laughed at. He had a good beard and moustache too. It was a long skirt over sweat pants that he was wearing. Another time I saw a man dressed in a femme pants outfit by the bus stop. No one bothered him.
It's definitely not the same thing as a cd being in public. This person is obviously not making any effort to "pass" as female. I don't think any male with a beard and/or facial hair wearing a feminine skirt would be considered a cd by the general public. I think the public would be far more likely to assume this person is an escaped mental patient or someone with severe psychological issues, and stay FAR away. 0.02

Sweet Susan
01-01-2006, 08:18 PM
Helen, or is it Montforth Cherub?,
You didn't mention (unless I missed it) if in any of the instances you described where the man was wearing a skirt whether or not his legs were shaved. A man in a skirt with hairy legs is simply a guy being silly, but with the legs shaved, well, everything is quite different. That's how I see it, anyway.

KathrynW
01-01-2006, 08:41 PM
Helen, or is it Montforth Cherub?,
You didn't mention (unless I missed it) if in any of the instances you described where the man was wearing a skirt whether or not his legs were shaved. A man in a skirt with hairy legs is simply a guy being silly, but with the legs shaved, well, everything is quite different. That's how I see it, anyway.
Susan~
I agree 100%.
I'm a bit confused here....what forum is this?
The Greatful Dead "Old Burnt Out Hippie" Forum? The Cheech & Chong "Let's All Smoke A Bowl" Forum? The Freak Show Forum?
NO...I don't think it is...
:Pullhair:

JennyCD
01-01-2006, 08:56 PM
It's definitely not the same thing as a cd being in public. This person is obviously not making any effort to "pass" as female. I don't think any male with a beard and/or facial hair wearing a feminine skirt would be considered a cd by the general public. I think the public would be far more likely to assume this person is an escaped mental patient or someone with severe psychological issues, and stay FAR away. 0.02
Sorry, but since when did trying to "pass" determine if someone is or isn't a crossdresser? I'm pretty sure the definition of a crossdresser is someone wearing the clothing of the opposite sex. Remember, there are almost as many different "levels" of crossdressing as there are crossdressers. Not every CDer is trying to "pass". That doesn't mean they aren't a CDer.

KathrynW
01-01-2006, 09:26 PM
I'm pretty sure the definition of a crossdresser is someone wearing the clothing of the opposite sex. Remember, there are almost as many different "levels" of crossdressing as there are crossdressers. Not every CDer is trying to "pass". That doesn't mean they aren't a CDer.
I'm Sorry, but I'm going to have to disagree with you big time here.
Yes, some cd's can certainly "pass" better than others, that's a no-brainer. But, I don't believe your definition of crossdresser is accurate. IMHO, someone who makes absolutely no effort whatsoever to look female, doesn't fall into the classification "crossdresser". Someone with a full beard is obviously making no effort. :-

JennyCD
01-01-2006, 10:19 PM
I'm Sorry, but I'm going to have to disagree with you big time here.
Yes, some cd's can certainly "pass" better than others, that's a no-brainer. But, I don't believe your definition of crossdresser is accurate. IMHO, someone who makes absolutely no effort whatsoever to look female, doesn't fall into the classification "crossdresser". Someone with a full beard is obviously making no effort. :-

Actually, it seems your definition of crossdressing is inaccurate. While it may be your "humble opinion" it is not fact.

From Wikipedia:

Every society throughout history has had a set of norms, views, guidelines, or laws, regarding the wearing of clothing and what is appropriate for each sex. Cross-dressing is behavior which runs counter to those norms and therefore can be seen as a type of transgender behavior. It is not, however, necessarily transgender identity since a person who cross-dresses does not always identify with another sex.

Cross-dressing in general is the act of wearing the clothing of another gender for any reason.

From the dictionary:

To dress in the clothing characteristic of the opposite sex.

From Speaking of Crossdressing:

For the most part, a crossdresser is an individual who wears the clothing normally associated with those of the opposite sex. Although people of both sexes crossdress, for the purposes of this discussion, primarily I am speaking about men who feel a need to wear women's clothing. Often it's done in private, sometimes beneath their masculine outerwear, and occasionally as the primary attire. Crossdressers do not always affect a full, feminine presentation; many are quite happy to combine a full beard and a frilly blouse.

HaleyPink2000
01-02-2006, 02:53 AM
Well years ago now there used to be this Guy in Effingham Illinois that would walk down the same streets all the time waving at people coming through that town. He always looked like a Man in a Dress. But He'd wear every kind of femme clothing you could think of.

At that time I was way into denile, and would not try to pay attention to Him.
But the other people with me, as we would drive through town. Would point Him out all the time and comment. They would wave back at him. He was always around the same gas station on the main highway through Effingham Illinois.

I haven't been down that way for over 20 years. So I don't know if He's still around. But He was always dressed in something pretty and usually had a frilly umbrella with Him.

Haley:)

Helen MC
01-02-2006, 04:17 AM
Helen is my "girlie" name, the name of the female persona I have. I used "Montfort Cherub" when I first came here as there was another "Helen" and these are the brand names of the knickers (panties) belonging to my older sister Anne that I first wore from the age of 12.

On the matter of what is a "CD", I would say that this is a person who enjoys, feels more at ease with themselves, and in many cases obtains sexual arousal from wearing clothing usually intended for the opposite sex. For example a man such as myself who wears women's panties 24/7 instead of male underpants and has done so since adolescence, and who also wears other female clothing such as skirts and dresses but in my case only indoors at home. I would not pass these days in my middle age even as a "Granny". To me it is the wearing of the female clothing, especially panties, and skirts and dresses indoors, which is a turn on. I would like to be able to wear a skirt outdoors but would not even attempt to pass as a woman.

To me a "TV" is one who not only enjoys in all the above senses wearing the clothing of the opposite sex, but who also tries to appear as realistically as a such and in public. This is of course far easier for the Female to Male TV as it has long been accepted that a woman can go about in public wearing male clothing even very butch attire, have very short hair etc and attract no adverse comment in most cases. For the Male to Female TV as we all know life is far more difficult to say the least! Whether in public places or in work as one case discussed on this website illustrates, a Man in Women's clothing, make up etc is likely to attract adverse attention if not physical assault.

The reason for this thread was to gauge if there was any change either here in the UK or in the USA (or elsewhere) with males being seen to wear skirts or dresses even if these males were not attempting to pass as female as such a move in the accepted dress codes would make life much easier both for those who are TVs and for other males who may not wish to go as far as wearing beast forms or make up but do want to publicly wear a skirt rather than be enclosed in trousers.

In the examples I mentioned I didn't see if their legs were shaved. The young man dressed identically to his girlfriend had knee length boots as she did and the teenager was wearing long dark socks possibly pop socks and in both cases I didn't want to stare.

Angela Burke
01-02-2006, 06:14 AM
I used to travel daily to Edinburgh and there was a guy who got the same train as me who always wore a skirt, it was definitely a skirt not a kilt.
He was middle-aged with horned rimmed glasses and a very bushy full beard.
He always wore black knee-length socks which made his spindly legs look even spindlier.
He did look very odd, but I never heard anyone passing any comment about his skirt, I think people were just too polite, but I could visualise him in different circumstances at a different time, a Saturday night say, when he would have been in real physical danger.
When I was at secondary school there was a guy who would occasionally
wear a shool skirt and knickers, which I found mind blowing as I was doing the same at home.
It turned out he wasn't a crossdresser though, he just liked causing a fuss.
He used to turn up in winter wearing just a pair of shorts, with his clothes on backwards, and once in pyjamas!
I've only ever worn a skirt outside when I've been fully dressed and with a crowd.

Love Angela XX

jenny_centaur
01-02-2006, 11:05 AM
There was a guy at uni who used to go to all the rock nights wearing a leather mini-skirt, black tights and knee length fm boots, with an ac/dc t-shirt and bike jacket. He looked quite effeminite, but he insisted he wasn't trying to look girly.

Sadly, he was often beaten up by 'locals' because of what he chose to wear.

Sam-antha
01-03-2006, 03:28 PM
I have noticed a change in the style of underpants. In general they have stopped being underpants and started to be shaped.
Come to that the men have started developing a massive tummy shape too which just does not suit the slip style that a lot seem to wear.
Me, I like the slips or the thongs.
Sloggi was mentioned at the beginning and I remark that they are comfortable but, I object to privately displaying the trade name round my middle. True it is mostly private, and it does fold down out of sight.
The other objection in the shape of the front. It seems designed to maximise whatever size bundle it covers and I do not mean the belly that is sort of over it, but has escaped upwards.
My current preference is for the HOM series, the slip with the one inch side. It seems that many major shops are trending that way too. Thank goodness, but I wish they would not change the style so often.
Thank goodness also that I can boast a 28" waist for the HOM style.

Midnight_Minx
01-03-2006, 05:55 PM
As far as men wearing skirts or the like, what you described seemed to be close to the gothic subculture - which seems to have quite a few men wearing long skirts and CDing.