PDA

View Full Version : My wonderful weekend, and week.

Barbara Ella
11-15-2013, 04:30 PM
Since this is Friday, it must be last weekend (to paraphrase).

Wife and i went to Chicago on Friday to meet up with a dear friend I made here on the forum, and her wife. She was in for her FFS. This was set up so my wife could meet her, and spend some time with the wife. We planned on spending Saturday with the wife waiting on the 8 hour surgeries.

I got to meet a virtual friend and change her into a real life person. We all went out for a fantastic dinner at Jamesons at the Glen. She was dressed, but alas I was not, as i had agreed many weeks ago not to go as me just so wife would feel more comfortable. It felt so wonderful to hug and look someone in the eyes and talk out in a public setting. My wife thought she was a treasure, and we were both immediately drawn to the wife. A truly wonderful evening talking about the trials and tribulations of being a trans couple, and the facts of doing RLE.

Saturday morning (at 5:45 am) the center kicked the wife out, they did not want her sitting around for the 8 hours of surgery, and then more in recovery. So that morning we took her out for shopping to stock her up for the week of recovery. We let her nap, and then took her out for a late lunch, and made sure she took several doggie bags to enjoy later. The two wives had what was a most enjoyable day, shopping, eating, and talking. Alas, i enjoyed it, but not in my true form.

Friday and Saturday evening, in bed, my wife was overcome with a reality of peacefulness at this situation, and also with my situation. for the first time, i sensed true acceptance with my being trans, and a sense she knew what it really meant. Neither of us are going anywhere, and she knows what i could be doing in the future, given i am 67 years old. This peacefulness has continued all week, a time period where in the past she would have gone through several emotional periods of crying. None of that, and total encouragement to talk and share with her.

She even relented about telling our daughters, and we have already felt them out by telling them we met this couple waiting for a seat at the restaurant, and liked them, and shared a table together. The daughters both applauded us for getting out of our rut of a life, and showing acceptance of different individuals. The die is cast.

My dear friend and her wife will be going back home on Sunday. I cannot express the joy I have received having met them and spent some (too little) time with them. i cannot emphasize enough how being in a real life situation drives everything home so much more than what we can achieve here in this wonderful forum.

I know we all will get to spend some more time together. Thank you so much Ann and Shelly Basketfield. The next time we meet, i will be Barbara now. I know that now my family will be with me.

Barbara

Dawn cd
11-15-2013, 05:36 PM
A lovely story, Barbara. I sense it was wonderful for you because it was so enriching for your wife—as if the whole process suddenly came into focus for her. Those of us who are married understand: it gives us joy when our loved ones are happy.

Alice B
11-15-2013, 05:48 PM
That is truly heart warming story and a major step forward for you and your wife. Thanks for sharing.

mary something
11-15-2013, 10:58 PM
That is wonderful Barbara! I am so glad that this experience was so beneficial for your wife and you :) Isn't it nice knowing that the future doesn't have to be so scary and uncertain? And all the best to Ann and Shelly too :)

Marleena
11-15-2013, 11:02 PM
Sounds like things are taking a nice turn for you and your wife Barb. It's nice to hear.:)

Nigella
11-16-2013, 05:32 AM
Sometimes people need to see the "reality". I'm glad that things went well for you Barbara and hope that the positives continue for you :hugs:

Rachel Smith
11-17-2013, 07:35 PM
Congrats on the good news Barbara. Starting my journey at 56 and my wife wanting a divorce because of it I can relate to the joy this must bring to you.

Rachel

DeidraDee63
11-20-2013, 10:51 AM
That is a fabulous story, girlfriend. I am so happy for you it is a major step forward and I pray it will continue without any major issues.
Hugs, Deidra