PDA

View Full Version : Efficient dressing

Carmen
11-16-2013, 04:25 AM
As my girl time has been very limited this year, I had set several goals to make the most of the precious time that I do spend out and about en femme. I decided on establishing a casual practical look that would not require the usual 2-3 hours of prep time.
Jeans, tees, blouses, sweaters, comfy flats or lo-heels. I did a wig fitting last year at Vegas Girls, they matched me with a nice shoulder length dark brown with red highlights that has become my favorite. I also bought a long luxuriant wavy lace front for those special evenings.
Everything that I need fits in a sturdy canvas bag, undies, cosmetics, forms, hairpiece, shoes and clothes. I have 1-2 secure locations that I change at, (which includes attaching my forms). I will do my hair and makeup later, I wear a jacket and tennis shoes as I ;eave.

I did the McDonalds drive thru for coffee and a sundae, I park in a conspicuous spot.
Again my goal was to be timely and complete my look quickly. I had only the makeup that I needed, just one of each. I prepped my brow lift tapes earlier, so that task went quickly. The people at Vegas Girls wigs fitted me with a style that would serve to enhance my basic facial features. I am very pleased with the effect as I flip my long hair back. I like the smokey eye look but I don't overdo it. 20 minutes later I’m all done. Practice makes perfect.

As i toss my trash, I pass several people, no one pays me any real attention, I get a full length look at myself in the tall windows. Carmen smiles back at her reflection. I feel nice and relaxed as I drive out and enter the freeway.

I window shopped for a while. The sun was setting as people strolled past me, involved in their own lives. I catch one husband as he looks away quickly. Kohls was too crowded so I skipped that. Marshals was sparsely occupied so I walked right in. Yes I can sometimes feel the attention, but it never goes beyond that. I know my limits and I do not push them. I also know where I am welcome. I didn't find anything there...dissapointed.

So many of us here write about being confident about ourselves, and once I arrived at said confidence I stopped being afraid or insure and now I can truly enjoy my time out and about.

I treated myself to dinner at a friendly establishment. I sat and read one of my books. The waitress commented about my Southwest bling…namely my ornamental copper bangle. She said that it matched my skin nicely, also asked where I bought it. The funny thing was is that I was reminded of my appearance after I saw myself in the window next to my table. I love those moments of forgetfulness.

I skipped on the movie as there was nothing that interested me. 30 minutes later I am home and feeling very good.

Maria in heels
11-16-2013, 05:49 AM
Carmen...sounds like you had wonderful afternoon and evening...

JamieQ
11-16-2013, 06:49 AM
Sounds real good! I do about the same, usually 20 minutes or so start to finish sometimes even including makeup. I have found though, that the busier a place is, the easier to blend. I think it takes a while for most to come to that conclusion. I do stroll through some small town historical districts very frequently and check myself out in the reflections from the windows...I end up feeling good too! I was so engrossed doing that one time I was not paying attention and therefore bumped into a lawyer and his wife coming out of an office...They looked me up and down a few times, smiled and said "excuse us, have a nice day".

CynthiaD
11-16-2013, 09:50 AM
Dressing en femme usually takes me no more time than dressing in drab. All of my casual clothing is female clothing. The only things I need to add are breastforms and a wig. Makeup is only for special occasions.

Beverley Sims
11-16-2013, 11:08 AM
Sounds like efficient use of your limits also.