PDA

View Full Version : How many of you like really long hair?

esther22
11-16-2013, 12:11 PM
One of the main reasons I like being a woman is to have really long hair which I wanted ever since I was little. Am wondering how many of you feel the same way. esther22

paulaprimo
11-16-2013, 12:13 PM
i do and always did. my hair is still my own! i'm enjoying while i still have it lol :)

Nikki A.
11-16-2013, 12:16 PM
Not really, but longer hair does make for a more convincing look. There are lots of times when I wish I could style my own hair and skip the wig.

Lexi Moralas
11-16-2013, 12:27 PM
I love really long hair , long nails too

~Joanne~
11-16-2013, 12:34 PM
I love long, curly, hair :D I have bought a few short wigs to try a shorter look but believe me, I look better in a longer hair wig ;)

Dannigirl
11-16-2013, 12:35 PM
I enjoy it most of the time but it is also nice knowing that when I get tired of it - one quick pull and voila ! no hair :)

MssHyde
11-16-2013, 12:51 PM
I'd give a great deal to have the hair of my youth back. it was down past my shoulder blades, I loved the feeling of it being french braided, or the beauty shop treatment, wash and set.

Kate Simmons
11-16-2013, 12:58 PM
It's okay but long hair can be a challenge and can require a lot of maintenance.If you're good with that I say go with it. As long as it doesn't get too unmanageable, or I trip over it I like it.I've had a couple of really long Godiva type wigs, so I know. I'd say those ladies of the the past with the Gibson Girl and other elaborate updos had a lot of hair skills.:battingeyelashes::)

Jennifer in CO
11-16-2013, 01:15 PM
10 years ago my hair was at my butt...in a braid. Age and folical attrition are currently winning and its at my bra-strap.

I still love it

Beverley Sims
11-16-2013, 02:21 PM
Had it to just above my shoulders once.
Too long and I would attract attention.

marshalynn
11-16-2013, 03:32 PM
I love my natural hair, it come to below my shoulder blades. I keep it a light blond, one of my best day of the week is friday, because I go to hair dresser every friday and get it styled..

Cynthia Anne
11-16-2013, 03:49 PM
I've always had and liked long hair! Up till a couple of years ago my hair had not been cut this century! And that was a benefit for a needy family! And my hair has not been cut since!

Michaelasfun
11-16-2013, 03:55 PM
I feel the same way Esther, love a long mane whether it be me or a GG..

Erica Marie
11-16-2013, 05:22 PM
Had longer hair when it was popular for men ( 80's and 90's) then followed the trend to cut it short. Now that I am in search of who I really am and starting to go out now and then. I am slowly working on growing it back out. But I have always though a bob cut was so cute, I guess hair length and style really depends on face shape and personal preference.

Bethany38
11-16-2013, 05:34 PM
I have to say I have always loved long hair. As a child it as long then I too followed the trend of shorter hair. About four years ago I decided I could save a lot of money in not purchasing wigs and so I started to grow it out. I love my long hair. I have had a few health cuts so right now it is only a little over shoulder length, but it is getting there.

KayleeTaylor
11-16-2013, 05:43 PM
It really comes down to how the hair falls on your face. Some people look really good with short hair and and some with longvice versa. I did have long hair when I was younger, but when I joined the Army, it all went away. Now I am growing it back out, I don't know how long yet :)

NatalieGirl
11-16-2013, 05:48 PM
I love having long hair. Mine is down to bra strap length now, and I would like to grow it much longer.

mykell
11-16-2013, 06:42 PM
love the way it feels on my neck and shoulders, will be looking for natural hair wig in the future, sometimes i even play with it while sitting around.

Jaylyn
11-16-2013, 06:50 PM
Can't say because I have never grew it out and now am nearly bald or very fine thin hair, but do love my long hair blonde wigs....

SometimesJen
11-16-2013, 06:55 PM
I absolutely love long hair, but can't grow mine out because of my job. Most of my office is former military and if my hair gets long enough to touch my ears or collar I hear about it. Thank goodness for wigs!

Stephanie Morgan
11-16-2013, 07:15 PM
I would love to be able to grow my hair long so that I could style it, wear it in a ponytail, etc. But alas, my career choice means a short "mans" type haircut.
@NatalieGirl......You have really lovely hair.

Maryesther M.
11-16-2013, 07:53 PM
Same here, I'm a medic. and short hair was a must all my life. I secretly craved long hair and now that I have lost most of my own I wear long flowing wigs when 'en femme'. The great thing about them is that they can be instantly removed & stored away until the 'next time'. I would love to be able to afford a real hair wig.

M.

lynnef
11-16-2013, 08:15 PM
Nope, not at all :P (J/K :D) I have my own hair (to my hips, but i'm hoping for ~knee or longer....) I like how it's low maintenance (spend ~5 min brushing/oiling every couple days, and for bad-hair-days, just put it in a bun (w/a pretty wooden hair-fork)), plus I have an instant cape/scarf for the cooler days... It also feels so nice on my shoulders w/ a strapless dress (or tank-top)

Robinsinclair
11-16-2013, 08:17 PM
I like long hair on women - and myself when dressed.

But in male mode, short hair is convenient, easy to take care of, and given my age and male pattern baldness, pretty much mandatory.

The one thing I do find is that long hair is much warmer. In the winter, long hair would be really nice. Summertime, maybe not so much.

Allison Quinn
11-16-2013, 08:24 PM
I can't wait to have long hair c: I can't wait to be able to do things with it aside from just spiking it :P I can't wait I really really can't wait >w<!

AmyGaleRT
11-16-2013, 08:25 PM
I love long hair and I love my long hair. :) Just as importantly, my fiancee also loves my long hair! And I had a friend just tell me that, in male mode with it up in a ponytail, it looks "very techie." Just the impression I'd like to make. ;)

- Amy

CarlaWestin
11-16-2013, 08:26 PM
I had really long hair all through my illspent youth. And, it was very thick. Now I keep it short so wigs fit good and snug. Long wigs!

BLUE ORCHID
11-16-2013, 08:28 PM
Hi Ester, I still have a full head of hair I have a regular mens haircut with a wave in the front
If I would've been born about 30yrs. later I would probably have had long hair.
All my best wigs are below my shoulders I love big hair on women.

Phydelia
11-16-2013, 08:47 PM
Love my long hair... been wearing it long for 20+ years, since junior high school. My Wife's is even longer, which is great... i'm not a fan of short hair on women at all.

JenniferYager
11-16-2013, 10:00 PM
I definitely look better in a longer wig

Amberhea
11-16-2013, 10:45 PM
I think having a long hair is part of what makes a woman, a woman. I would kill to have natural long hair, but unfortunately the hair gods were not kind and took my hair. So now I have to wear a wig. If someone would come up with a way to end baldness they would be a very wealthy person.

PattiAllison
11-16-2013, 10:48 PM
I have not cut my hair in over a year now and it is now down past my shoulders. I love being able to style it in a feminine style and I can pull it back to look less feminine when necessary. I don't mind wearing wigs, but nothing quite feels like having your face framed with your own long hair.

Jilmac
11-16-2013, 11:35 PM
I have always appreciated long flowing tresses on women. My wife and daughters all wore their hair at or below the shoulders. I have to rely on numreous wigs to achieve the length of hair that I consider an asset to femininity. Alas, I'll never be able to grow my own hair because of male pattern baldness but as long as I have my wigs, I too can enjoy the long hair that the females in my life had.

Michelle55
11-16-2013, 11:43 PM
I love long hair on women. I have a couple wigs with long hair too. But after wearing the longer hair for a while, I understand why most women our age either pull it back or put it up for all but special occasions.

I wear a wig with hair a little above my shoulders most of the time when I go out. I blend in better. When I do wear my longer hair I get noticed more. I'm never sure if that's because I'm read or just appreciated with the long hair more.

Marissa
11-16-2013, 11:44 PM
I so relate.. and i kept my short for 2yrs..then said F them since i was told that I can't move up in $$ unless i move to another area.. so i started letting it go.. yes i get the comments and jokes..but who cares..it won't put $$ in my pocket if i conform.. lol. i do my job to the best of my abilities.. and not many can say different..hair or not..

LilSissyStevie
11-17-2013, 02:27 AM
I used to keep my hair about 1/8" long until I retired a few years ago. I haven't cut it since and my braid is almost to my waist. It's now longer than it ever was in my teens but not half as thick, white instead of black and receding on top. There is nothing feminine about it at all. I look like a crazed hillbilly. Dogs cower and whimper away when I walk by. Children grab their mother's leg. I'm starting to get tired of it. Maybe when it gets to my belt I'll donate it.

Krystalina
11-17-2013, 03:05 AM
Love it, love it, love it.

Cheryl T
11-17-2013, 08:04 AM
I've always loved long hair and wish that I could have back the hair I had in college which was pretty long at the time.
Now that Mother Nature has decided I can't have it anymore I wear my wigs and enjoy it shoulder length. I do have a shorter style that I love, but I certainly do prefer my hair longer.

PretzelGirl
11-17-2013, 10:38 AM
I think having long hair is a big part of me. I am not the most creative person, but I do like trying to do different things with it. I do wish it was a little healthier, but I have it. As far as work goes, I am just the hippie among the masses. I recently went for a new position in the company that would require a lot of high level and customer exposure (this is a fairly large company) and was told my hair might hold me back. I got it. It is nice to know that your employers looks at your output and not discount you over irrelevant things.

sometimes_miss
11-17-2013, 12:12 PM
For me, long, beautiful, silky hair spells 'female'. I love it on women, I love it on myself. As I grew out of the age where I could grow my own, I substituted wigs. Now, I substitute a GG so I can play with her hair. Whatever it takes to get through the day.....

Algoma
11-17-2013, 12:51 PM
I have had long hair "for a guy", my whole life. It gets longer or shorter with current trends, I do need to keep up a professional look, I am remebered for my longer hair. Below the chin now and growing it out. I wear wigs to change color or style, the longer the better. Just LOVE IT. Algoma

joanna4
11-17-2013, 09:13 PM
I like long hair more than short hair. I think girls are pretty with long hair and I like the way I look with long hair. All personal references.

SaraNZ
11-18-2013, 03:49 AM
I sooooo wish I could have long hair. Of all the things to have, a full head of long hair is #1 on the list

donnalee
11-18-2013, 08:59 AM
Started growing it out when I retired 4 years ago. Although it has survived a couple of disastrous haircuts (one self inflicted, one by a so called "professional"), it is currently at the bottom of my shoulder blades and is gradually heading south. I just have a little grey at the temples which ain't bad for someone pushing 70, exposed in a ponytall, but easily concealed when down.

linda allen
11-18-2013, 09:07 AM
I had relatively long hair in the 60s when the Beatles were a popular band. Since 1972 or so it's been a normal "men's" length and cut.

Long hair looks out of place on an older man unless it's kept really nice and that's a chore. Otherwise one looks like a homeless person. So, I wear a wig when crossdressing.

Chickhe
11-18-2013, 02:46 PM
I tried growing mine out. It looked very good (actually, I was surprised how good with some color, length, straightening and conditioning), except for my temples where I've got male pattern. It was manageable with hair spray up to a certain point in male mode and then the hair hit a critical limit and it wanted to fall down in my face which made wind and bending over or doing any hard work a challenge. I decided a wig was the best option because even though real hair was a great experience, it wasn't practical for both male and female.

Lady Catherine
11-18-2013, 03:04 PM
I had my hair long for as long as I can remember until recently. It's now too thin and receding too much and had to be cut. I still hate getting it cut. Every time I go in, it kills me a little inside. If I ever get the money, I will look into hair replacement and see if it will work for me. I hate wigs.

Abbey11
11-18-2013, 03:13 PM
As Lexi said earlier, long hair and long nails... Yum!

Nadine Spirit
11-18-2013, 03:24 PM
As a teen I had my own long hair and I really liked it. I never did anything fun with it, as I had yet to CD, but I still liked my long hair. Eventually I started losing it, and with great sadness I shaved it all off. Now my natural hair is kept buzzed to my scalp and actually I find it to be far easier to care for and live with.

Wigs though have been quite a venture. With my latest one, I went to a stylist for the first time. I asked her to cut some more layers into it, as completely straight long hair does nothing for my look. I think my looks are enhanced by having some strands curling around my neck and under my chin, it helps to not make my neck look so big. So the stylist complied and cut the layers, which looked great. But then I asked her to cut all of the hair a bit shorter, as I thought it was too long. She played with the hair a bit and finally said, "Yeah, I think you should keep it long. It looks good, and having long hair is half the fun of being female, so you should keep it." I followed her advice, and I love it. But I am happy it is a wig and I get to take it off. :)

Tracee-Anderson
11-18-2013, 03:51 PM
To my waist in my youth. Would love to have enough to do that again,but alas.........

Judith96a
11-18-2013, 06:30 PM
Sorry to be a cliché but I think that well groomed long hair looks exquisitely feminine. I've never had my own hair long but love wearing long wigs.

sarah378619
11-18-2013, 10:09 PM
I like my hair long. I used to have it to mid back in my 20's.Now I have had to try a natural hair wig to mid back for now. I so miss my hair.
Sarah

Diane Smith
11-19-2013, 12:02 AM
I adore having long hair and have kept it below the shoulders for many years. But MPB is catching up with me now and I have seriously thinning hair at the crown of the head, and a seriously receding hairline in front. I'm afraid my days of wearing my natural hair long will be ending soon and I'll be in wigs full time in the near future.

- Diane

Shanine
11-19-2013, 12:06 AM
Like others have said, I love the feel of long hair, just cant grow it on my own. So I go with long wigs. Love long hair swishing across my shoulder blades.

NathalieX66
11-19-2013, 12:06 AM
My hair brushes my collarbone, but it is not 100% even. It will take another year or so to even out.
In my self image, I feel like the person I want to be. I feel girly, and I love it!.....don't know why, just is.

kimberlybates
11-19-2013, 02:52 PM
I have always enjoyed keeping my hair cut long. Sometimes it can be a lot of work. But it feels good sweeping over my shoulders.

Brittany CD
11-19-2013, 02:57 PM
That's the best part. Putting on the long hair is the crowning moment!