PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the crossdressers?

Imeni
11-16-2013, 11:10 PM
First off, let me clarify the title with some context. Where are all the guys who just wear the clothes/makeup/wigs/forms without wanting to live life as a woman or even be generally passable on the whole?

I know there are a multitude of people here on the forums with so many different lifestyles and ways about their goings on, and I wish nothing but happiness for them but as I lurk here on the forums reading all the stories and questions, I notice a very real lack of just... "Dudes in a dress".

Like for me, I don't have a girl side. No other personality or change in my person. I am very much still me, just in something frilly. When I do dress up, the rush of... whatever it is feels like ive been sitting for awhile and I got up to stretch. A headrush, heart beats faster and it feels like stretching a muscle that hasn't been used much. Several ladies that have known about it claim that im more affectionate when we're alone and I do it but I blame it on that im finally alone with them. The women that frequent my bedroom, which isn't much might I add, are the ones who ever see me do it. -shrug-

Just kind of wondering where the guys are hiding at?

Steph_CD_62
11-16-2013, 11:18 PM
I am here.

I have never tried to pass as a woman.... First I have no desire at this time to do so, Second I am sure there is no way I could pass as a woman.

I never thought my personality changed when I was dressed up, however my wife has told me it does a little. It isn't great changes just little things. Like the way I sit and walk around the house.

So to let you know, you are not alone here.

Jilmac
11-16-2013, 11:26 PM
I consider myself a crossdresser bacause I simply love the look and feel of feminine clothing, however, I do believe there is a feminine side to my life. It's a more sensative, caring side where I'm able to display my feelings rather than stuff them.I have also discovered that as my male self I can take on almost any task requiring a man, but shun those same tasks when presenting as a female. If that makes me anything more than a crossdresser, I fail to see it.

Marissa
11-16-2013, 11:32 PM
So are you looking for those that crossdress for show and tell..like a stage.. like drag queens? they do it for the show without wanting to change over.. or are you talking about the person who dresses..loves that its his body..but such lovely attire.. that would be me on a good day..lol

Rachael Leigh
11-16-2013, 11:50 PM
I sorta fit your category because there are many days when I just dress up no makeup nothing of that sort. I always workout in female workout attire so I guess I fit

Imeni
11-16-2013, 11:54 PM
I suppose I'm simply looking for just the forum browsers that are no different as a man than a woman might act, despite I can tell you right now that ive met some ladies out there who are WAY more manly in the ways I would expect a man to act than I do. >.> Do I know anything about cars? Sports? Talking to women? lolnope.

Jason+
11-16-2013, 11:55 PM
Imeni,

"Dude in a dress" is generally hurled as an insult; an atrocity worthy of ridicule. In my case it's simply the reality when I put one on.

docrobbysherry
11-17-2013, 12:03 AM
MOST of us here r crossdressers, Imeni. Altho cd.com may have many thousands of members, most r occasional visitors or lurkers. Who read but don't post very often. I would guess most r closet dressers?

The majority of active posters jn the general forums here r usually the same ones over and over. I guess am one of those. And, I am, for the most part, a closet, man in a dress, dresser. I don't seem to have a "female side" and am the same person no matter how I'm dressed. Just more excited and stimulated when I'm Sherry!

Brittany CD
11-17-2013, 12:11 AM
That would be me!

Krystalina
11-17-2013, 12:16 AM
Right here!

In fact, the name "Krystalina" is a holdover from the time when I thought about having an actual female identity. Nowadays, I'm cool just being me, abet I'm working towards a more androgynous look. I love and adore women clothes, and do women things like paint my toes and shave my legs. However, I detest male clothing and stereotypical male traditions...

Michelle V
11-17-2013, 12:20 AM
I get what you are saying BUT we are all different, like we are all different in the real world, there is not just one way to go about it. A lot of us would never post a picture of our male side for all to see. Some are more than happy to show both their sides and some do show their male side in a dress. In my case that feeling you are describing grew into who I am today, I can say at first it was identical to what you describe. As soon as I was old enough to understand myself I realized that I wanted to be more girlish but never had the guts to follow thru. After I came out to my wife and was accepted and supported,the idea of looking mostly female living the life I love as a male helped me found,or at least understand who I am a lot better. After joining this forum and reading of all the people out there like me helped me to continue to understand and accept my nature nature with more clarity more and more each day.
I am sorry I wrote so much but it is a great question.

GaleWarning
11-17-2013, 03:18 AM
That's me!

Vickie_CDTV
11-17-2013, 05:30 AM
When I go out in public dressed, I try to pass. I am not a TS by any means though, and I would just wear a skirt or whatever en drab in public sometimes, if that was an option.

Stephanie Voorhees
11-17-2013, 06:26 AM
You describe me pretty well. I love football and cars, and many other "manly" things. I just prefer to do them in pantyhose and heels. "Heather" is really no different from my male self. When dressed, I'm still my same, hairy self (except my legs). I love my male self, but I hate male clothing.

Christina Kay
11-17-2013, 06:31 AM
Couldn't have said it any better than Michelle V. ,,great answer :) Hugs

Breanneb
11-17-2013, 06:39 AM
I agree full with Aretha and Michelle

Beverley Sims
11-17-2013, 07:31 AM
The ones you see are the ones that haven't acquired the skill or don't want to.
The ones you don't see of course have slipped under the radar. :)

Georgina
11-17-2013, 07:52 AM
I do not wish to be a woman but I want the clothes. I don't see why I should not wear dresses because I am a man.

Raychel
11-17-2013, 08:09 AM
I guess I fit in this as well, Pretty much the same person, no matter how I am dressed.

Deedee Skyblue
11-17-2013, 08:14 AM
I would like to be able to wear heels, skirt, peasant top during my daily life - but I have no desire to be a girl. I like being male.

Deedee

Ressie
11-17-2013, 08:18 AM
Interesting question. Imeni, You've included wigs, forms and makeup which I consider a step toward female impersonation. So you're coming along! We're all at different levels of CDing with different reasons for doing it. Many started by wearing a few articles of clothing once in a while. I know that "dude in a dress" is just an expression, but with all the choices of women's clothes, wearing just a dress would be very limiting.

You're trying to divide CDs into two groups. Those with a "girl side" that want to pass and those that are men that wear women's clothes. Most of us are on a sliding scale somewhere between the two. Acting like a woman is half the fun. But some people don't have a desire to act or have any talent in that area. And for others it isn't an act, but an expression of who they are.

Marcelle
11-17-2013, 08:18 AM
Imeni,

CDing is a broad spectrum and I think most start somewhere along that spectrum and either stay or push the ball further down further down the field. While I will present in public in an effort to blend it is not because I want to be a woman, it is because if feels right just as it feels right when I am "male me" in the world. With the exception of presentation, I don't consider myself more feminine when "en femme" or for that fact more masculine when "en boy". I am just me whether I am wearing a dress or a suit. I hold no illusion that anyone sees anything other than a dude in a dress when I am out and about. So those CDers you are looking for . . . we are here, just dressed a bit differently and with more make-up.

Hugs

Isha

Krististeph
11-17-2013, 08:26 AM
Great question, because I think it shows a division as important as whether or not one is gay or not.

NOT THAT IT MATTERS TO US OR THAT YOU SHOULD BE JUDGED OR TREATED ANY DIFFERENT! But it is a good thing to know about yourself, and that there are others who are NOT JUST LIKE YOU, but share some commonality.

Personally, vacillate- I would like to pass, but for my own sake. Then again, I'd like to feel comfortable being able to dress and pass in public to go out and shop. Or to live and work en femme sometimes. But not always.

i guess only if it was transparent. But I do like the dressing up part of it- I still like putting on a prom dress, cheer uniform, etc. I won't ever get SRS, but not just because i like parts of my male life.

Guess I'm the wrong person to answer this question, i can relate to several issues each on both sides of this fence.

No wonder i'm considered a 'cross' dresser- more like 'completely confused and contradictory' dresser.. :-/

Sheesh, the he!! with this thread, i'm going to go try on my new Nine West holiday/suit dress... :-) (there, that's better...)

Krististeph
11-17-2013, 08:39 AM
Working out is girl' clothes is a great motivator to look better and fitter! At the gym it's always girls shoes, and socklets- androgyn looking though they are. Cycling- i can wear most things except the fitted cycling tank tops- even usually wear clear or buff nail polish, and a neutral shade of lip balm rather than a clear.

Really helps me on that 3rd hour of hard cycling, or on the last half hour of a 1 hour vertical mile, or sitting back down for another set of reps on the heavy leg press- I love the dichotomy of a guy, dressed in not un-cute shoes and shorts, shaved legs, pumping out a huge stack of iron. It helps me think I am 'passing' in terms of people thinking i might shave my legs because i'm an athlete, rather than a cd, but i do realize down deep either they are not fooled, do not care, or don't notice.

Still, it is fun, though kind of hard to justify a cute tri suit or cycling bib pants set if i am not going to wear that in public...

Though the more CD is accepted, the more i think about it. But yes, great reason to exercise and try to stay young looking. :-)

Majella St Gerard
11-17-2013, 08:44 AM
I consider myself a crossdresser, I do not wear a wig normally, I do wear make-up, I do not try to "pass". I am a "dude in a dress".

candykowal
11-17-2013, 08:52 AM
A guy in a dress????...that's me too.
I am in guy mode way more than when I am in girl mode, but I do try very hard to emulate a lady when in a dress.
I do get out once in a while while feeling feminine...it's my heaven!

reb.femme
11-17-2013, 10:52 AM
Hi Imeni,

It's very difficult to precisely label anyone on here. We each have our own desires or targets in our dressing.

I don't really have a completely girl side, I am still a man in a dress, but I do try to be more femme when dressed, plus some of it happens more naturally. Yes, I would love to pass but the paradox is, I would get hit on by guys and that's one thing I don't want. So, maybe I fit the criteria in this way, a definite man in a dress.

Rebecca

DW
11-17-2013, 04:14 PM
Yep, that's me. I don't do wig or makeup, and have a mustache. Still...I love to dress in the femme whenever I can.

PurryCross
11-17-2013, 04:23 PM
me too... i like nylons,skirt,thungs and stuff on mee...this filing is something special....sexy.....hot.... i dont have a wish,that i be a woman...but i love girls dresses,....

devida
11-17-2013, 04:39 PM
I personally don't find it helpful for me to consider myself feminine in clothes that women usually wear or masculine in clothes that men usually wear since I wear both, most often at the same time. I also wear makeup, but not as much as some women wear or as many cders seem to wear when they are en femme. I'm really not trying to be either male or female. I'm biologically male and spent many years trying to be psychologically male. I am very happy to have stopped trying. But that doesn't mean I'm psychologically female or have any wish to be biologically female. There's a broad spectrum of gender identity between the extreme binaries of alpha male and ultra female and I think the spectrum may be so broad that actual gender identity may, ultimately, be as unique as each individual is unique. Why not? I'm not going to be a dick (or pussy) about it. I don't require an individual pronoun. You can refer to me as male if you want or whatever you like. But that's just convention. It's just what we need to be able to communicate with each other and that's fine. I know it doesn't really describe my own or anybody else's psychological truth. It's just words, and we're all so much more than words.

Alice B
11-17-2013, 04:46 PM
I'm also here, always have been and always will.

Judith96a
11-17-2013, 04:54 PM
Where are all the guys who just wear the clothes/makeup/wigs/forms without wanting to live life as a woman or even be generally passable on the whole?

That would be me too except that I do try to at least blend in!

Martha G
11-17-2013, 04:57 PM
I basically do it for costume parties ( but not all of the time either).

I just find it fun and get a lot of great comments.

That's why I like to perfect my characters. Walk, voice and so forth. I consider myself a master of disguise rather than a CD.

Sheelah
11-17-2013, 05:01 PM
Just cause I sometimes pass, doesn't mean that's the main goal.
I dress for myself. It's a kink. I LOVE girls. I do not want to BE one. I do like to PRETEND to be one!
It makes me feel sexy when I'm sexy en femme.

Beth Wilde
11-17-2013, 05:35 PM
I'm a crossdresser and I don't pass but I really enjoy the clothes, wig and makeup and the feelings that go with it. I categorically do NOT want to BE a girl, but sometimes I like to look like one!

Jenniferathome
11-17-2013, 05:40 PM
I think you are overwhelmed by the vocal minority. Your Joe Average cross dresser is less demonstrative.

Kate Simmons
11-17-2013, 06:35 PM
Not sure what you are saying but I'm guessing CDers are a hodgepodge group and a rag tag fugitive fleet. :battingeyelashes::)

Jenniferathome
11-17-2013, 06:45 PM
I'm a crossdresser....I categorically do NOT want to BE a girl, but sometimes I like to look like one!

Perfectly stated Beth. To me, this is your average cross dresser

Tracee-Anderson
11-17-2013, 06:53 PM
Add me. From the neck down I'm HAWT! (Just because I said it doesn't make it not true)
Somehow the facial hair seems prohibitive to being all girl??
Someday I want to shave the face and give makeup a try for the experience. I believe life is simply a collection of experiences. So why would I limit myself?

Stephanie_Birch
11-17-2013, 07:14 PM
I have never tried to pass and I'm not really sure if I could. I'm not sure if I want to either. When I dress, which is usually just in lingerie or a nightie, I feel like I am getting in touch with a feminine side of myself. I feel girly. I'm not sure if this is true, but it seems to me that some people want to be taken as a girl by other people and being able to in some sense become a girl is what some might be after. Maybe its just a matter of degree, but I don't take it that far.

Cara Lacey
11-17-2013, 07:49 PM
I am a crossdresser… a straight guy who likes to wear women's clothes. If I take on any female traits while dressed, it is because the clothes necessitate it, like crossing my legs when in a skirt or dress.

My female name is actually a reference to my wig, each wig has a different name. The one I favor now is Cara, the last wig I had was Marianne.

My dressing has progressed over the years, starting with being satisfied wearing only bras and panties, which I still do when I am too lazy to put on makeup, etc, and eventually i dress to look like a woman, all the while holding on to my manhood.

I am who I am. :)

BTW I have never gotten tied up in titles. I am a crossdresser, a transvestite, a transgender, An alternitive lifestyle, a dude in a dress, a weirdo. Call me anything you like, just don't call me late for the bra sale!
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54780662/Cara%20walkingsm.JPG

sarah378619
11-17-2013, 08:11 PM
I am a girly girl. So I am more than a guy in a dress because a real part of me is female. Gender disphoria is stronger in some than others. I make no apologizes it is just who I am.I am not 24/7 Sarah but take every opportunity to be Sarah. I guess it is what you feel in your heart.If the clothes just turn you on that is fine too. It is being happy that counts.
Sarah

paddy
11-17-2013, 08:26 PM
Count me in, another dude in a dress. However, I'm wearing a skirt tonight!