PDA

View Full Version : ohhh happy day

MaryAnn40c
11-17-2013, 03:42 AM
:):) A couple of weeks ago I went in to see my doctor to get an appointment with a GID doctor...wellll the call came in:daydreaming: My appointment is September 9,2014...yippy oh so happy:D....

tgirlamc
11-17-2013, 04:59 AM
That's wonderful MaryAnn!!!! Congratulations!!!! :)

Nigella
11-17-2013, 05:01 AM
Heck that is a long time away, hope time goes fast for you :)

thechic
11-17-2013, 05:08 AM
Congratulations ,I don't know if I could ever wait for a appointment that far away . but the years do fly past fast now.

Rianna Humble
11-17-2013, 05:35 AM
I remember when my first Gender appointment came in 48 weeks after I had been referred and I was feeling a bit upset about the wait. A friend commented to me that I had waited 54 years up to that point so in that context 48 weeks wasn't so long. It was meant kindly and did help a bit, but those 48 weeks seemed almost like a year!

tgirlamc
11-17-2013, 09:29 AM
As far as the wait, a good transitioned friend of mine told me to not focus solely on the end goal but to really enjoy the ride to get there too. I've made "enjoy the ride" my motto for this whole process and wrote it on page one of the journal I started so that I can remember all the details and how I got there when I'm an old lady!! :)

Take Care,

Ashley. :)

I Am Paula
11-17-2013, 09:31 AM
Congratulations.
That's some serious wait time. I'm assuming that you are going thru CAMH, or some provincial program.
I contacted CAMH, and , a year later they sent me notice of an assessment for two years hence. Three years to be assessed?
Fed up, I found out who in my area was prescribing HRT. Got my GP to refer me. The Endo got me an appt. with a therapist for the coming Friday. Six weeks later I was on HRT.
If you think government programs are slow, the whole cost of doing it privately was only the therapist fees, and the drugs. Just food for thought, as I have no idea what your level of GD is, or what your timeline.

Angela Campbell
11-17-2013, 09:34 AM
It may be a long wait but there are plenty of things you can do while the time goes by. Work on your hair, makeup, wardrobe, lose weight, excersize, get used to going out in public, mannerisms, the list is endless. No need to be static you can keep moving. If you suffer from GD making progress is the only thing that offers relief. Use the time!

Oh I nearly forgot.....start on laser - electrolysis yesterday!

Tammy Nowakowski
11-17-2013, 09:46 AM
Congratulations

Leah Lynn
11-17-2013, 11:19 AM
Congrats, but so long to wait! I told my primary care giver in August, and by the end of September I was on hrt. I do hope the time goes quickly, at least til then.

Hugs,

Leah

MaryAnn40c
11-18-2013, 05:30 PM
I will need to get a another appointment with my local doctor to see if I can get a jump with HRT...hmmm