PDA

View Full Version : Goserelin

Bunny Girl Zoe
11-17-2013, 11:26 AM
Start getting goserelin injections tomorrow only month one then next one be three month one every 3 months after that if all ok. Also got take cyproterone acetate for first couple weeks to stop t from spiking from goserelin.

I Am Paula
11-17-2013, 12:08 PM
I had to google it. I couldn't find a mention anywhere of it's use in transgender care , but I'm certainly not a Dr. It seems to work about the same as Lupron, which drastically cuts both T, and E production. I can't figure out why some Drs. use it either.
If anyone knows, just for curiousity's sake, please let me know. My wife takes Lupron to reduce E, due to cancer.

mary something
11-17-2013, 12:28 PM
I was wondering the same thing, did some reading and it blocks both t and e. What is the purpose of gosserelin for a ts?

Bunny Girl Zoe
11-17-2013, 01:05 PM
Thinks just blocks natual hormones so helps other work so block t so help e.

Angela Campbell
11-17-2013, 07:43 PM
I see here that it is used for reducing testosterone for MtF therapy.

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/757128_3

Megan Thomas
11-17-2013, 08:46 PM
Good luck. The injection works by causing T to stop being made. It's a more effective way to reduce T levels and kinder on the body than drugs which try to deal with T once the body has made it. For me it was a wonderful feeling once it took effect and finally gave me the hormonal peace I'd been seeking. Prior to injections it always felt like my T and E were having a bit of a power struggle.

Bunny Girl Zoe
11-18-2013, 07:01 AM
That how I felt that t and e where fighting with each other, just back from having goserelin injection and booked for next one. Was not painful at all just little sting for second or two. So bye bye naughty testosterone.