PDA

View Full Version : Pink fog salon adventure

BethanyCross
11-17-2013, 12:38 PM
I was out and about this morning and the urge hit me strongly. I saw a cost cutters that was empty. Not my first choice of salons as I like more feminine salons but the pink fog was on me. I used the 'lost a bet' ploy and said my hair had to be in tight curls and really girly. I told her I would be a good sport so do whatever she wanted - curls, ribbons, whatever to make it really feminine. The hairdresser loved it. She said "glitter?" I told her it was up to her. She curled my hair all over and backcombed it. Then she put on pink glitter. When she asked another girl to find a flower, I was in heaven. Now I have a nice fluffy, curly hairdo with pink glitter and a big red flower clipped on the side. It feels so right!

Of course, if an acquaintance had walked in, I would have been outed terribly, but my luck held. The pink fog can be dangerous!

jenni_xx
11-17-2013, 12:56 PM
I can't help but wonder why you weren't just completely honest.

As you were lying to the girl who did your hair, then if an acquaintance had happened to walk in, then you wouldn't have been outed. You could have just continued your lie.

The pink fog is not dangerous. It's simply an accentuation of who we are.

BethanyCross
11-17-2013, 02:01 PM
Jenni, I am quite in the closet and risking letting this side of myself come out just would not be acceptable to me. Normally if i do something like this I go out of town where the chance of meeting someone I know is quite small. this time, I was in town and really took an unacceptable risk - hence my comment about the dangers of the pink fog.

Persephone
11-17-2013, 02:46 PM
Hi Bethany!

Welcome to the group!

Wow! Your experience and your hair sound lovely! Hope you took a picture or two.

It also sounds like the fog rolled in pretty thick with its Shadow-like ability to cloud minds. As a CD you must always carry a bottle of this:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/AntiFog_zps9960bb57.png

Enjoy your new hairstyle! And enjoy the forum!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Kate Simmons
11-17-2013, 03:58 PM
I'm betting a lot of salons do guys who have "lost bets" and are probably used to it. A customer is a customer to them, you know? :battingeyelashes::)

MssHyde
11-17-2013, 04:18 PM
thats a cute story, sound like a thing I'd do.. but keep in mind they hear this stuff and see a lot, I bet they knew it was a story and wanted you to feel OK with it all.. they had fun you enjoyed it.. thats what counts.. (plus they made a sale and you maybe back)

Jamie Lynn
11-17-2013, 04:27 PM
Pink Fog?????? More like a Pink Out!!!
Assuming you made it home just fine. How long do you get to wear it that way?

Michaelasfun
11-17-2013, 04:30 PM
..or at least a Pink Fogg (two g's as it was really thick LOL) - wonderful story, that's so great!!

AmyGaleRT
11-17-2013, 05:24 PM
Bethany, I know the feeling. Last time I went to the salon, I had a similar "pink fog" moment. Unlike you, I went as Amy, and I just had my long hair trimmed and styled, not curled or with glitter and flowers. :) But, in the process, I got a scalp massage, an arm and hand massage, and had my makeup touched up after my hair was done. I felt like a princess! It was probably the most wonderfully feminine experience of my life. One day, I have to go back. :)

- Amy

Jenniferathome
11-17-2013, 05:44 PM
Despite your excuse, no one in the salon bought it. They all thought you were a cross dresser. In the"bet" scenario, the winner would be sitting right next to you giving you shit every second.

BethanyCross
11-17-2013, 06:02 PM
If they knew and played along with it they were good actresses. Actually I don't really care, as the fiction made both me and the hairdresser more comfortable. I was not admitting to crossdressing and she did not have to address doing hair on a crossdresser - which many women are uncomfortable with. they sure seemed to be having a lot of fun with it. My hairdresser mentioned doing my makeup and one of the other gals suggested red lipstick but I laughed it off and declined - would have loved it though. Maybe that makeup talk was a little bit of a test?

I still have my hair style, though I will be washing it out soon. Worried about getting rid of all of the pink glitter!

Stephanie Morgan
11-17-2013, 08:22 PM
Sounds like a great time. I have to agree with some of the other girls that the hairdresser probably didn't buy it for a second. Glad everyone involved had a good time. Beware the pink fog and also the pink glitter!!! Last time I played with any glitter, I almost never got rid of it all..lol.

Nikki A.
11-17-2013, 08:45 PM
Sweetheart, if you walked around with a hairstyle like that you ain't in no closet anymore

Beverley Sims
11-17-2013, 11:48 PM
In order to be a masochist you should have had it permed.

"Then you would have been imprisoned in your own head". :)

Brave or silly, I hope the experiment was an enjoyable success for you.

kelly10
11-18-2013, 02:04 AM
I wonder what the creative hair styling genius, when I am enveloped in the blindingly pink fog, will create from the 3 hairs on MY head! Can't wait!:daydreaming:

ElizabethTaylor
11-19-2013, 07:41 PM
Hi Bethany, it sounds like you had a ton of fun! I'm do happy you enjoyed your girlie time! Next time you should get your hair style en femme!

Sarasometimes
11-20-2013, 08:16 AM
I routinely go to salons enfemme but since I'm still in the closet I go a good distance from home and always have to change back into guy mode before returning home. Bethany, if I understand you correctly you not only walked back to your vehicle looking like that but you went home looking like that as well and also weren't seen. If so you were quite lucky. The hairdresser knew the deal and she wisely went along with it. Were you the only client? No a days, few could do that without someone taking a cell phone pic as you walked down the street. Hope they didn't.

To Amy, you should most definitely go back. The treatment you got as Amy the first time is very likely to be repeated the next time (barring a change in staff).

CarlaWestin
11-20-2013, 08:33 AM
So, next time go in and say, "I'm a gender explorer and I would like to have my hair and makeup done so I look unmistakingly female and I can blend in all day out in public." Then you can really get a fabulous result without all the glitter and blinking lights and stuff. Ever try to get glitter out of hair and clothes?