PDA

View Full Version : daily life

GabbiSophia
11-18-2013, 09:43 AM
The grind.. thats what they call work. Then add stress of life and kids mixed with a side of what the hell... then top with gd... thats a grind.. anxiety is a b!@!#. I see some people want to change, want the other life. Yeah I thought thats what I wanted but I know its not now. This doesnt make the grind any easier or make the anxiety any less. People always say you have to do something to ease the gd... yeah... well I don't want to.. were is ttlhe like line start to just let live the life I want... pain in the arse this crap is.. finding just enough to keep the gd at bay and live is the grind... be nice to have it take a break but I guess this is just life.... you will see what your made of when fighting for something you want ... either way...

LeaP
11-18-2013, 10:15 AM
I get the grind of daily work and family life adding to stress, but for your own sanity, you really need to separate this from GD itself.

You are describing that special hell that is short of transition necessity but which doesn't necessarily lead to a happy life. But then, transition isn't about having a happy life per se anyway. You will still have your family, perhaps in much the same way you do today, and you will still work. Stress and anxiety for those isn't going away.

I don't view transition as an "other life." I don't care if the grass is greener over there or not. And it will still be my life when I get there, hopefully with much of it intact.

Many who are gender variant or who have chosen the "middle path" arrived at a level of comfort by accepting it as their best compromise. After that, life is what you make of it.

stefan37
11-18-2013, 10:33 AM
You need to find a level of comfort, but to do that you have to take steps forward to help alleviate your gd. Nobody is suggesting transition, but there are things you can do. You may find alleviating some intensity of your gd other things in life become less stressful. For me the introduction of estrogen resulted in the anxiety I felt was due to life obliterated. I still have the stress of living a life, work, family, personal relationships etc. But I can deal with them on a level I was not able to. If you are suffering you have to change something, otherwise nothing will change and we will see you back in a couple months complaining how life and gd sucks.

GD does suck, but you have to do something to alleviate it, or your life will be conflicted with emotional pain forever. As Lea mentions I know many middle pather's that have found some level of comfort as it affords them some internal peace. You have to follow your heart. Or deal !! No 2 ways around it. Life is hard, it is unfair, it how we deal with life that defines who we are a person.