PDA

View Full Version : Goobal Gobable

Debra Russell
11-18-2013, 01:14 PM
Anyone ever see the movie "FREAKS" ? - made in the "30s and ban from viewing until the early 50s A circus sideshow of freaks who when accepting someone into their circle of confidence would chant "gooble gobal, goobal gobal one of us, one of us" - sometimes wonder if we fit the mold of freaks - perhaps as society sees us, oh well just a thought, or at least maybe a bumper sticker for likeminded recognition .............a new cd secret code so sisters can relate........Debra

Marcelle
11-18-2013, 01:33 PM
Hi Debra,

Saw the movie some time ago ... very creepy for it's day. I am sure some see us that way but I think most see us as a curiosity.

Hugs

Isha

Kate Simmons
11-18-2013, 02:07 PM
I saw a small part of it on TCM not too long age while channel surfing. What I did see of it was pretty intense. Maybe I'll watch the whole thing one of these days. As far as myself, I'm who I am Hon and others can either like it or lump it really. ;):)

Beverley Sims
11-19-2013, 06:10 AM
The movie is a little like dressing.
Both took time to get accepted into society.

susan jackson
11-19-2013, 06:27 AM
Anyone ever see the movie "FREAKS" ? - made in the "30s and ban from viewing until the early 50s A circus sideshow of freaks who when accepting someone into their circle of confidence would chant "gooble gobal, goobal gobal one of us, one of us" - sometimes wonder if we fit the mold of freaks - perhaps as society sees us, oh well just a thought, or at least maybe a bumper sticker for likeminded recognition .............a new cd secret code so sisters can relate........Debra

The chant was also used by The Ramones in the song 'Pinhead' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BBfybCPkjA

Zylia
11-19-2013, 06:28 AM
Hah, every time someone says something along the lines of "you're one of us" in the introduction section of this forum, I have the sudden urge to post this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBXyB7niEc0

:D

Debra Russell
11-19-2013, 01:14 PM
Thanks Zilya.....I think we all need to do the chant! and put "one of us" bumper stickers on our cars for cd recognition ................Debra

Mink
11-19-2013, 05:56 PM
GOOBLE GOBBLE!

haha!

it cracks me up so much!

also the guy with no arms and legs with the knife in his mouth...

oh god?

i mean really

what's HE gonna do!