PDA

View Full Version : I know I've been quiet awhile...first day at therapist today

Torrey
11-18-2013, 06:23 PM
It has been awhile since I posted anything...there's nothing wrong, though. Anyway, at my first therapy session today, I was asked how long I have been living full time. I told her I began in April. The next question floored me.

"How long Have you been on hormones?"
"Umm, I'm not..."

followed by:

"Really..."

That sent me off in a great mood for the rest of the day. I have a feeling she would have given me the okay for HRT had I made that more clear earlier on, but I think I caught her off guard.

mary something
11-18-2013, 07:55 PM
That's probably not what she expected to hear lol, usually it seems that folks want hrt before going full time. You look great and what works for one might be different for another. Glad you're in therapy and hope you keep posting :)

Torrey
11-18-2013, 08:23 PM
I have done nothing in the order one would expect, but that is simply me.

I Am Paula
11-19-2013, 08:49 AM
I have a history of doing things either bass-ackwards, or just my own way. I'm glad you do too.
I went full time more than a year before starting therapy for HRT. Result- Therapist was ready to give me my readiness letter right away, and when I asked her about starting RLE, she simply said my RLE was done. In my case, putting the cart before the horse worked out well.

Jorja
11-19-2013, 10:48 AM
We all have our own path to follow and the way we do things is unique unto ourselves. Now, if Torry asks for hormones, the therapist will more than likely just write a letter recommending her for HRT without months and months of waiting and trying to figure out if she is for real or just fantasizing.