PDA

View Full Version : Casual femme wear in public.

Reana
01-01-2006, 12:22 PM
[[["First off happy new year to all my sisters!!
Well this morring I thought that jennifer had been such a good girl this year that she deserved something special, so I went out to sears and did some SHOPPING, so you say, well I bought my first pair of womens jeans, levi's 550 petite 14p short, and omg they fit so great that I don't think I'll buy mens jeans any more! same time I got two pair of sweat pants one pink and one gray. these are the first items of girly things I can wear out side, except the pink sweats,and no one well know but me, it was so cool and they were on sale too, what a score!! had to share....xoxoxJennifer"]]]

The above quote is from a new thread started by Jennifer about women's jeans. I started to simply reply to that one but then had the bright idea of staring my own. I like to be out, on a limited basis, wearing all femme items but items that are not just screaming female clothing. That would include slightly femme tops, ballet slippers or certain other forms of soft soled femme footwear, and (of course) women's jeans.
So, here's the question. How many of you out there have been, or would like to be, out in public at times wearing all femme wear but dressed only to the level that you would only be noticed by someone that was especially observant? That would seem to be the best of both worlds for some of us. We know we are dressed femme and enjoy that knowledge but don't have to worry that much about the outside world getting that involved. I continue to believe that the average person out there pays little attention to others because they are so involved with their own interests.
I'm sure there are other forms of casual femme that others prefer in addition to what I mentioned above. Please, anyone that would like to mention their favorite form of casual femme for outside wear, feel encouraged to bring that into the replies. R. :)

GypsyKaren
01-01-2006, 12:44 PM
Hi Reana

The only time that I wear guy clothes anymore is when I'm at work, and that's only because I don't want to get my real clothes dirty and greasy. When I go out I'm usually dressed, on the few times that I'm not I'm wearing all women's clothes, right down to my gym shoes. The guy clothes in my closet haven't been touched in months, and my wife is about ready to give them all away. Now there's something that would really break my heart!

GypsyKaren

karen marie
01-01-2006, 02:16 PM
if anyone notices,iv'e really never had anyone comment
to me.i wear girly shorts,gender neutral blouses,women's
sketchers and socks and women's jeans,i sometimes wear capris
when bike riding.maybe it's because i'm usually with my wife.
i think people are so caught up in their own lives that they don't
have time to bother with what others are wearing.
hugs,karen.

knelson
01-01-2006, 04:43 PM
I usually wear something that is feminine in public. I have several pair of jeans that I wear as well as several pair of shoes that can pass when in drab

Rikki Elisabeth
01-01-2006, 05:31 PM
I have worn dress slacks, jeans, womens crew sweaters, flats. If anyone noticed, they didn't blink.

Rachel Morley
01-01-2006, 06:03 PM
Hi Reana,

This is an interesting thread. I like wearing women's clothes (obviously):D but I want to wear them as much as possible..even as a guy, so I openly wear women's clothes in "guy mode" all the time. I guess that I come over as a rather wimpy feminized male.

Now, don't get me wrong I don't wear skirts as a guy or anything like that, and when I am at work although I am wearing women's dockers pants and women's tops and sweaters etc they are not very "in your face". I never look manly though.

When I'm not at work I think it's fairly obvious to most people that I am wearing women's clothes, but my clothes wouldn't be particularly feminine on a woman but are decidedly feminine for a guy. How many guys do you know that wear women's cardigan sweaters, tight fitting low rise boot cut jeans and pink trimmed tennis shoes? In the summer I wear women's t-shirts, women's shorts, shaved tanned legs and women's sandals.

Apart from the odd double take from people, no one has ever said anything. Women sometimes smile at me but men don't seem to notice, of if they do they don't show it.

Karren H
01-01-2006, 06:38 PM
I love a sweater and a simple skirt that is casual and dressy depending where you go.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/karrenhutton/slideshow2?.dir=c6b8&.beg=0&.src=ph

Love Karren

StacyP
01-01-2006, 06:53 PM
Hi Reana,

For work it is visually "guy mode" due to the people and the area I have to interface with, but what is underneath -- they will never know. And luckily I am not required to wear a neck choker, and shorts are not appropriate, but other than that as long as it is "guy".

After work and the weekends, anything goes.
I do work on 'puters so I probably have atleast a bra showing the strap bindings and maybe the #3 enhancers and sometimes I hit the grocery store with the #3 full forms but with a shirt that does not let the curves show that much.
I have 3 pairs of "women's fly" Kathy Lee slacks. Have noticed lately at Walmart that everything is getting to be "guy fly"....kind of a let down when I have the chance to dress.

Several times I have gotten to the car, started backing out, looked down and
realized -- Maybe I'm just a bit over done for situation.

My take on it [used on a mother after her ~9yro smarted of at the store]
Simple question, 2 answers.
Who's the pervert......someone who:
1) purchases and wears what they want
2) mentally undresses a stranger to "see" what they are wearing underneath
[at the time it was teaches their child to.......]

kneehighs
01-01-2006, 07:21 PM
I wear womens clothing all the time, but always to appear as a man. (nothing against those that have different objectives).

Here is what I wore to last nights New Years Eve party in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.

Tuxedo Blazer: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/creditech/tuxedoblazer.jpg

Mens Hugo Boss long sleeved t-shirt: see pic below

Women's Linea Pelle woven leather belt: see pic below

Women's Seven For All Mankind Bootcut Strech New York Rinse jeans:
http://store.shopbop.com/item.jsp?item=SEVEN1017210972&category=15

Nine West Untouched Knee High boots:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/creditech/NineWestUntouched.jpg

Here is what the outfit looked like all put together, sans the heels:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/creditech/Decemberpublicshoot2021-2.jpg

I absolutely adore it when women compliment my outfits, because they are largely made from womens articles of clothing. About the only parts of my outfits that truly violate socially constructed symbols of masculinity are my high heels. Thus, I choose to refer to myself as a Fashion Freestyler.

Katrina
01-01-2006, 07:28 PM
...Apart from the odd double take from people, no one has ever said anything. Women sometimes smile at me but men don't seem to notice, of if they do they don't show it.

Angel, I think that if a guy admitted that he checked you out, that would be admitting that he checks out guys. Its different for women who seem to compare themselves to each other more openly. That said, I would love to see what you get away with on a daily basis. I openly wear my boot cut and flarey jeans, but never fem tops. I also have two pairs of ladies loafers that I wear to work but those are very masculine for women's shoes as I have seen almost identical mens shoes.

Rachel Morley
01-01-2006, 08:20 PM
Angel, I would love to see what you get away with on a daily basis.
This is the sort of thing, although I have some jeans that are tighter in the butt and thigh and also more boot cut than these.

Rebecca Jeanne
01-02-2006, 09:25 AM
My most recent shopping trip was to Nordstrom with a specific purpose to purchace a Ralph Lauren cable knit sweater. I was wearing a white shirt and jeans, ladies watch (Talbots), tan lace boots (Eddie Bauer) and had a wonderful time trying on things and chatting with the associates. Unfortuanatly didn't find what I really wanted but the sales staff was so nice.

Next stop was Bloomingdales where they did have the sweater I was looking for. This was a delight to try on and after paying for it I went back into the dressing room to put on and wore out of the store. This is the second time in several weeks where I have wore a decidedly femme sweater with my outfit out of the store, last store was at Talbots. The sales associates at these stores couldn't be nicer and more accepting.

One other point is, I'm wondering how many of us use our femme voice when shopping.

A pic of the sweater

Kimberly
01-02-2006, 09:34 AM
If I plan to go out during the day/casually - then I'll wear casual gear. It's been said time and time again that those who are read out-and-about are done so because they wear things inappropriate to their situation. So I'm going to follow this advice: jeans is a must whilst out casual, (although at the moment long skirts work too.)

Going out at night, though... is another matter. :D

SarahP
01-03-2006, 04:32 PM
Angel,

I would love to see some picks of those reeboks you got for Christmas. I am thinking of getting a new pair and would like to get some with a nice pink trim. I currently wear reebok princess shoes but they are almost wore out. Thanks a bunch.

Sarah

Jasmine Ellis
01-03-2006, 04:44 PM
sorry but jeans are a no no for me. skirts or dresses for me all the time. But it's up to you what you wear and I must say you do look good love

Karen Francis
01-13-2006, 01:03 PM
I wear women styles as much as possible.Camisole tops under long sleeve cotton/lycra tops, with various neck styles. Always feminine jeans- stretch and pretty snug. Always panties/tights/ pantyhose underneath. If not in mood for jeans, pull on slacks, no pockets also a little snug, somewhat feminine colors. Sweat shirts, gender neutral colors, slightly feminine graphics, long if possible to cover the rear.
Several pairs of Easy spirit slip ons, black fabric. I would love to wear ballet style flats, but haven't done it yet.
The total look is important, as is where you are going out.

Julia Cross
01-13-2006, 02:27 PM
Angel, that's a great look. I hope through actions like yours and similar ones I do at work, more men will feel comfortable dressing how they please. And you are absolutely correct, people are far too busy to concern themselves with what we are wearing.
Julia

pattied
01-13-2006, 02:34 PM
if anyone notices,iv'e really never had anyone comment
to me.i wear girly shorts,gender neutral blouses,women's
sketchers and socks and women's jeans,i sometimes wear capris
when bike riding.maybe it's because i'm usually with my wife.
i think people are so caught up in their own lives that they don't
have time to bother with what others are wearing.
hugs,karen.

Something to aspire too!!!

I will get there, but am not there yet... first, I need the clothes. Next, my wife and I need to discuss somethings about my wearing women's clothes more often 'out'... we have isssues to tend to in that regard:( Soon though!