PDA

View Full Version : 10 out of 10 for passing.

susanjane
11-19-2013, 03:02 AM
My wife normally gives me 9.5 out of 10 for passing, but this morning I got made up and dressed. I wore a pencil skirt in black, jusrtbelow the knee, a lovely waist slip, the lace just peeps through the kick pleat at the rear of the skirt. a purple long sleeve top with a scooped neck line. 3inch heels. I have my rings and new jewelry on. I put my red coat and scarf over the top together with a shoulder bag. She said I looked lovely and gave 10 out of 10 for passing. I felt a million dollars. I gaver myself an extra spray of perfume. I just wanted yo share my delight. Love Susan Jane

Lynn Marie
11-19-2013, 04:26 AM
Congratulations. Good to hear your wife approves and grades you so well. I doubt I'd get anything even close to that for passing, although I might do well in the style points category!

Candice Mae
11-19-2013, 04:44 AM
Kind of odd to get 9.5, then a 10. Whats the difference between a 9.5 and a 10?

susanjane
11-19-2013, 04:50 AM
When my wife gives 9.5 it is because she doesn't quite think I pass, so a 10 out of 10 means she does. So you can imagine how pleased this makes me.

Candice Mae
11-19-2013, 05:11 AM
Just kind of seams odd that its all over .5 .

Zylia
11-19-2013, 05:31 AM
Pics or it didn't happen :D

9.5 is not a passing grade? So what's a 5?

Beverley Sims
11-19-2013, 05:36 AM
Gee Candice,
Do your maths, it is .5 on the ten scale or 95 percent passing, or failing.
I like the fries that have ten percent less fat.
On the "Passability" test I might score 53.27%.

As for a score, I tried scoring years ago
My real "Passability" score is summed up in the next two sentences.
My wife says, butt ugly. Then it's back to the makeup table.
If she says nothing, I pass. :)

Candice Mae
11-19-2013, 05:44 AM
I understand the math Beverly, its the scale that seams a little unrealistically skewed.

Rogina B
11-19-2013, 06:39 AM
Pics or it didn't happen :D

9.5 is not a passing grade? So what's a 5?
Angry mob with torches and pitchforks just waiting for those "5's"....

Allison_Leslie
11-19-2013, 06:55 AM
and you didn't get a pic???

Erica Marie
11-19-2013, 07:06 AM
Everyone has their own opinion and here is mine. I thinking passing is impossible for a guy, unless you are on hormones, have natural long hair and can speak in a female voice. Then we shift to blending. That all depends on the outfit and the venue. I guess we should ditch the points scale. Decide if we are aiming for passing or blending. Then go with a "go or no-go" rating.

Zylia
11-19-2013, 07:35 AM
I agree, although I'd rather go for 'improbable' instead of 'impossible'. To some, 'passing' is being seen without being noticed, to others it's not being read under scrutiny. I think a few of us can certainly pull off the former. In any case it requires a certain amount of 'blending', depending on your ability to look like a natural woman.

linda allen
11-19-2013, 07:48 AM
The emergency rooms use the one to ten scale. "On a scale of one to ten, how bad is the pain?" Well, for some folks everything is a ten. It just doesn't mean the same to each of us and when something like this comes from a wife, there's no telling what it means. Some wives would give a nine or ten every time, some would give a one or two every time.

Here's a more meaningful test: See if your wife will walk out the front door with you. Go shopping with you. Go to a restaurant with you. If she will, the "ten" was honest. If not, she was just trying not to hurt your feelings.

nhlighthouse
11-19-2013, 07:50 AM
.5!....................

NicoleScott
11-19-2013, 08:19 AM
Be careful with that extra spray of perfume. It might attract unwanted scrutiny.

kimdl93
11-19-2013, 08:22 AM
Good for you. I'm sure you thank to your wife for the guidance, constructive criticism, reinforcement!

suchacutie
11-19-2013, 08:29 AM
Let's ask the real question. ...what was different and can you continue? Else it was just luck.

Sara Jessica
11-19-2013, 08:32 AM
Be careful with that extra spray of perfume. It might attract unwanted scrutiny.

I don't think it was the perfume!!! ;)

If 9.5 is "not quite", I'd hate to see what a 5/10 looks like!!!

Echo the comment above, pictures or it didn't happen.

robindee36
11-19-2013, 08:50 AM
Ahhhhh the elusive butterfly of passing. The goal so many pursue but never attain, not totally. There is always a tell or several of them. I'm with Erica on this, in my own manner, to strive to blend in and be the cutest CD I can. Then I can 'pass' 100% of the time as a cute CD, and that's just fine with me.

Short of HRT, SRS, etc and a lot of practice, doubtful anyone of us can achieve this standard all of the time. To pursue it as the end game of dressing seems a fools errand. Its one thing to pose out a lovely photo shoot and a completely different game to circulate in the real world. Perhaps we would all benefit from taking a step back, reassessing why we dress and just start having fun with it. Trying to compare your 'passing' with someone else's is pretty meaningless if you both are not having fun with it. Reminds me of another thing guys are always quick to want to compare ;)

Perhaps the most lofty goal I would ever pursue is blending, flying under the radar when dressed. Never attract attention, just move about freely and unnoticed in public. Other than that, if I'm not having fun with it, why the heck would I waste the time, money and effort.

Hugs, Robin

mary something
11-19-2013, 09:25 AM
It was probably that darn russian judge who gave the 9.5, can't trust them a bit! Echoing Sara Jessica pics or we can't just blame the judges. Passing is really, really difficult!

susanjane
11-19-2013, 11:45 AM
I am sorry I even posted now. I was delighted. My wife and I have been away on holiday previously and I have stayed enfem for a week at a time, shopping, sight seeing etc.

I am not prepared to post any pics, as I am afraid it will out me.

Karren H
11-19-2013, 12:14 PM
Congratulations! Bo Derk would be proud!

docrobbysherry
11-19-2013, 12:30 PM
I am sorry I even posted now. I was delighted. My wife and I have been away on holiday previously and I have stayed enfem for a week at a time, shopping, sight seeing etc.

I am not prepared to post any pics, as I am afraid it will out me.
Now, I'm confused, Susan! You brag about your look, go out dressed for a week at a time, your wife thinks u pass 95 or 100% of the time, and you're worried about being outed posting photos on a trans web site? Where many of the girls that do post photos don't show there faces?

Something just doesn't sound rite. What am I missing?

Nadine Spirit
11-19-2013, 12:36 PM
Congratulations to you! Getting complements like that from GGs makes my day, so I am sure it was wonderful for you too. As well as coming from your wife, wow, extra special!

Debra Russell
11-19-2013, 12:37 PM
...go ahead post a pic I wanna see - your outfit sounds fabulous -- who would know? were all in the same boat........................Debra

Alice B
11-19-2013, 12:38 PM
That is really great and what a wonderful wife. For me a 2.5 out of 10 would be great.

linda allen
11-19-2013, 12:39 PM
It's a shame you seem to be offended by the replies, but you have to expect to see something you don't like from time to time. That's how web forums work. There wouldn't be much point if people were only allowed to answer "good for you" or "you look lovely in that dress".

You can post photos with your face turned the other way or blurred and they won't out you.

Rachael Leigh
11-19-2013, 12:42 PM
Erica I so agree that blending is the best for most of us, and in many ways Im ok with that I mean when I don't wear makeup and just wear something sorta femmy I to a degree am blending. I know I will never pass and I do hope someday I have the courage to go out enfem and be out there blending.

Susan as for you hon Im glad your wife accepts you and you are proud of your look but I understand the girls who would like to see you. This is a place where most here are just CD or TS and even if by the oft chance they know you I think for them would have a hard time explaining as to why they were here in the first place seeing someone they knew.
I too was a little concerned about posting pictures of my face but I doubt anyone would know it was me and prob would not even ask and if they did I would just say wow that person does look like me, I must have a twin LOL

Candice Mae
11-19-2013, 02:20 PM
This kind of seams like claiming passed so well that you got an appointment with a gynecologist and they thought you were a woman until they seen your.... Versus you walked down the street and no one pointed, laughed, and shouted freak. We all can post claiming that we look like a supermodel, and that we pass 100%. This is the internet you can be what ever you want to be, there's no limit. But to make outlandish claims with out backing them up, will not make you many friends here or get your input taken seriously.

As for the picture outing you, if you really look as good as you claim then you should not be recognizable as your male self. Blocking your face doesn't work, passing is from the top of your head to the tips of your toes. There's no hidding from the judgemental and non-accepting public.

Princess Chantal
11-19-2013, 03:46 PM
Jeez, this "Pictures or didn't happen" statement sounds like something that could be heard in an elementary schoolyard. Let's see there are so many people on here that claimed to tell their wives or mothers, I guess without pictures it didn't happen either.

Lexi Moralas
11-19-2013, 04:36 PM
Wow ! Tough crowd in here !
I think the long and the short of this thread is ,Susan Jane received a better complement on her appearance from her SO. It made her feel good and she wanted to share it. I for one am happy for her.
Congrats Susan Jane !

susanjane
11-19-2013, 04:59 PM
I realise that some of you girl don't believe me without a photo, but I won't be goaded into posting one as it could just destroy my relationship with my family. I didn't mean to brag, it was that I was so delighted to receive a 10 out of 10 for the first time. I try so hard to look good, and I wanted to share my delight.

Sara Jessica
11-19-2013, 05:05 PM
Jeez, this "Pictures or didn't happen" statement sounds like something that could be heard in an elementary schoolyard. Let's see there are so many people on here that claimed to tell their wives or mothers, I guess without pictures it didn't happen either.

So the next time I hear "I'm passing on a 10 out of 10 scale" my response should be "alright, you go girl!!!" ???

I don't think I'm alone in being curious about what a "10-pass" looks like.

NicoleScott
11-19-2013, 05:16 PM
Many previous threads have debated "if you don't post a pic, what you say lacks credibility". There are lots of reasons people don't post pics, including not passable, don't want to be recognized, don't have a camera, and the best of all - don't know how to post a pic.
Are these the same people who want to shame CDers out of their closet? Just wondering.
Anyway, of you're a Doubting Thomasina, withold your Attagirl and move on. Like me.

AllieSF
11-19-2013, 06:22 PM
Candice, instead of picking the fly shit out of the pepper (0.5) why not just ignore the thread instead of bashing the OP for trying to enjoy a special moment for herself? The OP is just celebrating whet her wife told her and that made her day. It made her feel good, and that to me is much more important that your constant reaffirmation than your correcting comments, which really are out of place. She did not say that she went out and thought that she passed 100%. Give her a break!

And for all of you who want picture proof, why not just go pound sand. We have had those threads in the past. She does not have to prove anything, especially to all you naysayers.

Susanjane: Congratulations for having such a cool wife. Most of us here would wish for the same thing. It was a wonderful comment that made you feel good, I can only hope for the same.

Sara, Chantal did not say what you should do. You can read into her comment whatever you want, but I read it as give the OP a break from all this BS about proving it and whether she actually does pass that well. It really does not matter, does it? Re-read the OP and tell me where she bragged about really passing. Do you always carry that big bucket of cold water to rain on other's parades? Your original comment and then your insistence to reinforce that comment with sarcasm is unneeded. The OP from what I can tell was not bragging that she passed. She was celebrating a wonderful comment from a supporting wife.

Lorileah
11-19-2013, 06:48 PM

don't let those jealous people get you down.

C'mon folks, Susan got a ten from the most important person in her life. If she says it was a 10, then it was a 10 for her. It might have been an 11.5 for half the members here

Oh and if you can't be nice or don't have constructive information for the OP, don't rain on her parade. The "pictures or it didn't happen" is now getting a little worn and redundant. Chill out

Take this as a warning...don't make me get all bitchy moderator here, I am a day short of my next estrogen shot and I am not in the mood...get it? Good you got it

Zylia
11-19-2013, 06:57 PM
Jeez, this "Pictures or didn't happen" statement sounds like something that could be heard in an elementary schoolyard.
That's because it IS something that is heard in elementary schoolyards, or the internet equivalents of it. It's just a joke people make and one should not get their panties in a bunch over it.

This thread got pretty serious pretty fast. The OP said she got a 10 out of 10 for passing from her SO, not that she actually is a 100% pass. I don't need photographical evidence of that.

That said, I do like pictures.

alwayshave
11-19-2013, 07:03 PM
Susanjane, I am very happy for you. Not only are you confident in your appearance, you have someone in your life to give affirmation. There is nothing more important.

Candice Mae
11-19-2013, 07:11 PM
Candice, instead of picking the fly shit out of the pepper (0.5) why not just ignore the thread instead of bashing the OP for trying to enjoy a special moment for herself? The OP is just celebrating whet her wife told her and that made her day. It made her feel good, and that to me is much more important that your constant reaffirmation than your correcting comments, which really are out of place. She did not say that she went out and thought that she passed 100%. Give her a break!

If you read what I wrote I didn't bash anyone, I was just inquiring what the difference was between a 9.5 and a 10. Its a small difference numerically, but seamed to make a world of difference to the OP. I was just curious, and although she doesn't directly say passing 100%. 10/10 for passing seams equal to 100% passable to me...
But what do I know I'm just a weekend warrior data analyst.

Tracii G
11-19-2013, 07:23 PM
Sounds like high praise from your wife so good for you.
My ex says I make a fairly attractive woman but with her I don't know how to really take that.LOL
You say you have been out numerous times enfemme but yet you say posting a pic here will out you? That statement doesn't make a lot of sense.
Chances are better that you could be outed by a friend that sees you when you have been out enfemme.
Here at least if you get outed its by a friend that is a member here so the fallout would be minimal at best.
If someone sees you here and says I saw you on a CD site then ask him so you troll CD websites? Are you a CD?

Genesis
11-19-2013, 07:32 PM
LOL, most of the posts are funny to read at first, then get OLD.....I think it was a wonderful day for her and then others try to pump themselves up by picking at something that is soooooo ridiculous, ( .5 ) or " no photo, didn't happen ". The thought of her happiness makes me happy, I don't read into it and try to sound smart while bashing someone in a good mood. I would like to know what happened before they invented cameras though------OH that's right------nothing LOL. Love all the gurls here and wish everyone a wonderful week ! XOXOXO, Gen

StacyChambers
11-19-2013, 07:39 PM
Susan - good for you for getting a 10/10 from your wife, and for not being pressured to post a picture.

Princess Chantal
11-19-2013, 07:41 PM
Here is my interpretation of the difference between the usual 9.5 and an unexpected 10.
"Looking very nice, Love you dear <kiss>", off to work she goes = 9.5
<smooch><smooch> "Umm WOW!!!" <smooooooooooch!> {I L-O-V-E U} (slightly etched on your back with her fingertips), she's not going into work today = 10

Thank you Allie, you did read into my post correctly

susanjane
11-20-2013, 02:03 AM
I am pleased that some of you girls appreciate that all I was trying to do was to show my delight. Thank you for stating it.

AmyGaleRT
11-20-2013, 02:14 AM
Susan, it always makes me feel good when I get acknowledgement from my fiancee that my look is especially good, or when she comments on my makeup, "You're getting better, girl!" You got similar acknowledgement from your wife, except my fiancee doesn't quantize it quite like she does. :D That's really great, because not only is it a comment on your skill at presentation, it's her acceptance of you as a woman. This should delight you, and I'm pleased to see that's true.

- Amy

Amanda M
11-20-2013, 02:40 AM
Whay is there always someone who simply cannot share another person's pleasure without finding fault? Congrats, Susan.

Launa
11-20-2013, 08:51 AM
As a CD I think I'm a 9 out of 10. LOL

Just like the old song by Trooper - you're just a 3 dressed up as a 9!

joank
11-20-2013, 01:06 PM
And where were you headed? Sounds like a shopping trip to me.

mary something
11-20-2013, 01:38 PM
If someone sees you here and says I saw you on a CD site then ask him so you troll CD websites? Are you a CD?

Exactly! folks are here for two reasons unless they are a SO, either because they dress or because they like people who dress or sometimes both. I was one of those people saying pic or it didn't happen but i wouldn't take it so personally if I were you. Most folks were just trying to encourage you to post a pic, it's scary at first, it took me a long time to get the nerve to do it myself. We are all in the same boat here so why not have some fun with it?

if you are that worried about people finding out and that it could ruin your family you shouldn't be going out because eventually you will run into someone you know...

Sheelah
11-20-2013, 01:57 PM
You have what most of us really want. I am happy for you!
I am pleased that some of you girls appreciate that all I was trying to do was to show my delight. Thank you for stating it.

Marcelle
11-20-2013, 08:35 PM
Wow . . . I thinks some of you gals have been sitting at the "mean girl's table" a bit too long. I don't get the OP was stating "I got a 10 out of 10 so in your face ladies", but that she was sharing a loving and happy moment she had with her SO. Are we not about mutual support and feeling happy for each other. Instead she gets lambasted with "where's the pic" and "10 out of 10 are you serious". I'll be sure to make sure someone takes my picture the next time I use the ladies room before I discuss it in a thread.

Susanjane,

I am happy you have such a great wife who is supportive. You sound like you have a great relationship.

Hugs

Isha

GeorgeA
11-20-2013, 08:43 PM
I realise that some of you girl don't believe me without a photo, but I won't be goaded into posting one as it could just destroy my relationship with my family. I didn't mean to brag, it was that I was so delighted to receive a 10 out of 10 for the first time. I try so hard to look good, and I wanted to share my delight.
Congratulations! I'll take your word for it. No pictures are necessary.

JamieQ
11-20-2013, 08:50 PM
Congratulations! I'll take your word for it. No pictures are necessary.

Yep...pics are not necessary if you do not feel comfy about posting them. I did not post them for a while, but one day I decided I was comfy with it so I did. We all have our reasons...

MissTee
11-20-2013, 11:40 PM
Susanjane, that's just wonderful! Having a supportive spouse is a great blessing. Having one that compliments you as well is quite the treat.

I have to say I've never asked my wife to rate me. Probably because I don't want to know what I don't know. I stand as much chance passing as a female as a canary does passing as a camel.