PDA

View Full Version : Breast management advice please.

I Am Paula
11-19-2013, 09:35 AM
I posted last week that, at long last, my boobs were sore. Yipee! Now I need some advice from those that have been here. The girls are very sore, just to the touch, and the areolae are protruding just enough that everything rubs and irritates them.
I have been wearing forms for thirty years. Going 'flat' just doesn't seem to be an option. I look at myself in the mirror, as I usually present, but boobless, and I feel like I can't even leave the house. Vanity, I know.
I've been wearing my forms anyway, but a couple hours in, and I get uncomfortable, and achey.
Yesterday I bought a couple of nice soft A cup bras. They help with the chafing, and at least add some sweater lumps, but I really miss the girls, as fake as they are. I tried some 'two sizes up' pushup bras, but they feel really artificial.
Am I just hoping for too much, to find both comfort, and the figure I'm used to? Do I have to adjust my mindset to a year or more of going with no/tiny boobs?
I'm usually a full 38B with my forms (they're not big),so if anybody has a suggestion
that gives a relatively natural look, while cradling the developing booblets, please share.
I've been wearing forms 24/7 for so long, they're like a part of me, so this is really important to my self esteem, which can take a few blows during transition at best of times.
Thanks in advance.

"From small things Mama, big things one day come"- Bruce Springsteen.

linda allen
11-19-2013, 09:39 AM
I think you could find something at a mastectomy shop that's made for women who have lost part of a breast. At least the folks there would probably know of some solution.

mary something
11-19-2013, 09:39 AM
I've been wondering the same thing, not too sore yet though but it's probably coming. Guess there is always this (http://news.bme.com/2006/10/12/saline-breast-inflation/) lol (NSFW)

:eek:

just kidding, seriously no one should do this!

Angela Campbell
11-19-2013, 09:49 AM
I started a while before getting on the hormones, reducing the size of the forms I used to get used to it. Now I use a good push up bra with some "chicken cutlets". I like them because they kind of stay to the side - not over the nipple so they do not irritate. You can also use a Nu Bra (under the regular bra). They stick on and protect the nipples, if using the forms over that and the girls are too sore, it may be the bra is too tight or something.

arbon
11-19-2013, 11:01 AM
I think wearing forms while they are going through that initial coming to life would be way to uncomfortable.

LeaP
11-19-2013, 12:01 PM
I agree with Arbon. If you don't like push ups, a plain padded bra would add a little volume without the discomfort.

FurPus63
11-19-2013, 12:17 PM
First of all, when I was experiencing this, I threw my forms in the garbage with a vow never to wear them again! It was a relief to me to stop wearing "artificial boobs" and just wear a bra alone without them. I understand how you feel, but it's like learning to ride a bike. Sooner or later the training wheels have to come off! So even though your forms feel like a part of you. Once you stop wearing them and just embrace your new-born boobies (small as they may be) I think it will do a lot more for your self-esteem and be much more supportive of your transition as well.

"I really miss the girls...." you said. True, we always have an emotional attachment to things we have had for years. But they are things. Posessions. They're not real. They're not made of flesh and blood like your natural breasts (yes formed by artificial means, but still natural in their development). IMO I think you should let go of the forms and move-on. Move forward!

Paulette

Angela Campbell
11-19-2013, 12:28 PM
I feel the same way. I just cannot stand to have anything artificial if I can help it. No forms, no wigs (soon) and no body shaping garments when I can. I still do some of this but it irritates me when I do. I just do not want to be fake in any way.

Kimberly Renee
11-19-2013, 12:32 PM
Yesterday I bought a couple of nice soft A cup bras.

Would wearing the A cup bra underneath your forms help?

anonymousinmaryland
11-19-2013, 01:10 PM
You may want to try nursing bra pads. Relatively inexpensive, very comfortable, found in big box stores. Designed for the breast, to be worn in the bra. Best wishes.

Angela Campbell
11-19-2013, 01:14 PM
Or possibly even foam forms. The weight of the silicone may put pressure on the tender breasts and the foam would be very light.

jackielou
11-19-2013, 01:20 PM
hello and i understand your problem with sensitive nipples and sore breast i use a molded cup bra so the nipples are not mashed i also use the nursing pads as mentioned and i coat my nipples with Vaseline so the pad provides comfort to the nipple if you want to email me i can provide you additional info i am afraid to say to much i have been chastised for being to direct buy as a man with 44DDD breast and large nipples i know what i am speaking of

thechic
11-19-2013, 01:21 PM
Hi there I agree with Anonymousinmaryland I ditched the forums for nursing pads, that's the way I've gone

jackielou
11-19-2013, 01:24 PM
try a moulded cup bra and the nursing pad as mentioned i use them and coat my nipples with vaseline to help them stay soft and the pad to stay in place and with 44DDD breast i know what i am speaking of if you want to email me i can offer more help

I Am Paula
11-19-2013, 05:59 PM
As always, thanks for the insight ladies.
Shortly after writing this post, I headed to Walmart to see what I could find along these lines. I found some sports bras with small built in enhancers. (Haven't tried them yet), as well, I bought some nursing pads (great minds thinking alike here?), and another A cup bra with some padding. The padded bra, with a nursing pad works very well. Not quite as big as I'm used to, but still definitely some breasts showing. Very comfortable. After a lot of looking in the mirror, I think this will work. Damned vanity!

Angela- I agree. When I went full time I stopped wearing hips pads, cinchers, and wig. I want to show the world the real me. I still usually wear a bit of a padded derriere. The forms are next. I can get used to the smaller bust, cause it's mine.

Please somebody tell me if this is really weird- I find myself poking at my own boobies, to make sure they still hurt.

Angela Campbell
11-19-2013, 06:05 PM
Paula, it will come and go. For a while it is every day and after a few months it gets less so.

StephanieC
11-19-2013, 07:56 PM
I never used forms so there was no adjustment for me. I've always gone natural.

I did touch them ever so often just to see if they still hurt (and, therefore, still growing).

But even after they stop growing, they will still remind you they are there.

Rachel Smith
11-19-2013, 08:02 PM
When I first started on hormones mine hurt so bad I didn't even want to touch them so I just bought a foam "B" cup bra as that's what size my forms were. I have to say though at first I did miss the weight of the forms but it doesn't bother me now. Then when they quite hurting for a bit I just wanted them to hurt again so I knew something was happening, lol.

Rachel

KellyJameson
11-20-2013, 12:01 AM
It may not be vanity Paula but identity which as we all know is very powerful.

I took warm baths and placed warm moist towels on my chest in the beginning and for some reason drinking lots of water helped reduce the tenderness.

I almost exclusively wear a sports bra with wide straps designed for high impact from "Moving Comfort". You can buy them online.

It seems counter intutive but I found the compression of the sports bra helped but I'm small on top so that may be a factor.

BOBBI G.
11-20-2013, 05:43 AM
Thanks for asking this. As a relative new applier of hormones, I am not at the "hey, I'm here" stage yet. All information has been stored in my messed up memory for future use. Thanks again.

Bobbi