PDA

View Full Version : Time to lose weight.

thisgal16
11-19-2013, 04:27 PM
I have decided that after my makeover from a few weeks ago that my next step to becoming more comfortable with my dressing is to lose the weight that I have wanted to lose for some time now anyway. It has become very obvious that the only possible way for me to be comfortable dressed up is to he comfortable with myself to begin with. If you have any possible recommendations I would love to hear them thanx

Florence
11-19-2013, 04:32 PM
Seems watching our weight and dieting is a universal feminine trait whether GG, TS, TG or CD. Personally I have had success following the Atkins Low Carb Diet and must admit never feeling hungry.

BillieJoEllen
11-19-2013, 04:36 PM
I've lost over 50 pounds this summer and fall. My secret which is really no secret is MOVE MORE and EAT LESS. Works every time. I'm also diabetic and most days I don't have to take insulin anymore.

wanabe-Leona
11-19-2013, 04:46 PM
Well for me I told the wife a fue years ago (I think close to 5) that I was going to lose she asked why. I did not realy have a reason at that time not even for me. Now down 40 lbs some people say its too mutch but I'd like to lose at least another 10 or so. Sarted at 220 holding at 180. Good luck the only thing I can say is you have got to want to do it that was my thing.
Keep us posted on how you are doing?
Leona

Jaylyn
11-19-2013, 04:50 PM
The basics to losing weight is also the hardest. Burn more calories than you consume. To make a life change is what one has to do. They must comment to doing that. My suggestion is always lose weight slow. Remember exercise but also began slowly and build up. Most try too much too fast. Take each day as a new day. If you should succumb to eating too much one day just start the next day anew with the attitude and telling yourself you are going todo better today. Now here is the best part every time you lose five pounds buy your self a treat. Ummmm let's see maybe some nice hosiery, the next five pounds maybe panties... Pretend you are starting on a whole new ward robe. Start on the cheap stuff first and when you get to your goal weight buy something you can wear and look stunning in. Be sure to wear it at least once a week and when it starts getting tight get back to work.... This works with rewards and taking baby steps makes it easy.

cyndigurl45
11-19-2013, 04:52 PM
Pre-transition I weighed at 250 lbs. now several years latter I am 165 lbs. when I compete IFBB I get down to 12% body fat, my husband can get his down to around 9% but I wouldn't trade my E for T ever again but what I did and still do is this:

Before you can do any good with a workout or diet (that doesn't work anyways exercise and portion control and if it’s white don’t bite will do it all ), you have to get your heart going to your Aerobic level 85% of max (220 - age) X .85= aerobic heart rate. Here is my one hour workout routine: 5 minutes stretching, 25 minutes on the treadmill with this routine 1 minute @ 2 1@3 1@4 1@5 1@6 then back to 1@2 and so on, repeat this cycle 5 times 25 minutes total, 5 more minutes stretching then 25 minutes of free weights doing simple stuff curls, squats, lunges and crunches finish with a good recovery drink.

Good luck sweetie.....

Karren H
11-19-2013, 04:53 PM
I've lost over 50 pounds this summer and fall. My secret which is really no secret is MOVE MORE and EAT LESS. Works every time. I'm also diabetic and most days I don't have to take insulin anymore.

da truth! I lost 50 ten years ago... and have kept it off... ice hockey... salads and no snacks after dinner....

Carmen
11-19-2013, 05:03 PM
This summer I dropped an inch off my waistline, which is now down to 31 inches rah!
I've always been slim but that unsightly spare that was taking root really turned me off!
Now my jeans fit much better and no more waist cinchers!

My method? I stopped 'grazing' between meals, I eat more sensibly, and I stair climb for 30 minutes every day.
(I added 1 inch to my inner thighs)

Andi.Devine
11-19-2013, 05:06 PM
In the spring of last year my weight was 195lbs, I am 5' 10". By the fall my weight was 165lbs. I have found, at least for me, that I need to combine exercise with an eating plan. I used an Atkins like, low-carb, diet along with running in the morning and the DVD Insanity workout in the evening.

There have been a number of studies comparing Low-Carb, Low-Fat, Low-Calorie diets. There seems to be some concurrence that the Low-Carb diets tend to work a little faster.
http://tomnikkola.com/what-do-18-studies-say-about-low-carb-diets/

Although right about the New Year I thought, hey, I am down to where I want to be, if I keep exercising I can go back to eating all the other stuff I have been missing. Probably would have been alright if I kept the portion size down, but I didn't do that either. Put back on the 30 pounds in 9 months.

I just started last week on my eating plan again, Low-Carb style, along with my running in the morning. I am back down 9 pounds this week. Always lose alot the first week on a low-carb diet. Usually it is quite easy to drop at least 2 pounds each week though.

Good luck. And I'll race you to our goal weights. :)

-KD

phred
11-19-2013, 09:36 PM
Drop carbohydrates and sugar-- i've lost 30 lbs in the last 3 months on diet change alone. Watch for hidden sugars in food and kick the bread habit. Also watch for the snacks after dinner!

Allison Quinn
11-19-2013, 09:40 PM
Watch Calories.
Move more
Exercise (run run run!)
Drink water :) I notice that I feel full more quickly when I drink the 6 to 8 glasses of water a day.
Get some good sleep too! It will help you not eat late at night, and if I remember correctly it helps with losing weight in other ways but I don't feel like looking up just how at the moment :P I know that I lost more when I fell asleep at a decent time each night though!

Also if I am remembering correctly the diets like Atkins where you put no carbs into your body what so ever are not entirely healthy. They put your body in a fake sort of diabetic state since no sugars are being broken down. My teachers have told me that most people who go on those diets too gain teh weight back rather quickly. Obviously cut back on carbs though :P There are a LOT in places you wouldn't expect. Juices are HUGE sources of them, then there is syrup, sodas, cereal etc. Just watch them :)

Also for calories rule of thumb is about 3500 calories = one pound :)

Paula T
11-19-2013, 09:43 PM
As I have gotten older I just eat less and low and behold I have lost weight but my stomach needs a little more work.

Rachael Leigh
11-19-2013, 10:44 PM
I've found a product that I now sell called Plexus that is an all natural health drink and products. I've lost 15 pounds 2 inches and did it in less than 6 months. It curbs cravings and as we say it's just a pink drink a day, seems like a great product for folks like us. Private message me for more info

docrobbysherry
11-20-2013, 12:40 AM
It's simple if you're serious about weight loss. All u have to do is develope a plan for eating and drinking that works for u!

Remember, diets don't work in the long run. U must change your eating/drinking habits to lose and keep weight off. Here's some things that work for me:

Switched from beer to red wine.

Don't buy crap snacks for your home. I buy carrots, cukes, turnips, sardines and rice cakes.

Cut back on carbs and fast foods. Or, eat their salads, turkey burgers, etc.

I drink unsweetened tea with lemon or milk. Never drink sodas.

Splurge at lunch, not at dinner.

Don't eat late at nite.

Don't deprive myself. I buy lo cal ice cream. But, don't eat any until at least an hour after I've finished my meat, veggies or salad, fruit, and hot tea dinner. Often, I forget about it or lose desire for it. A half gallon will last us over a week, depending on my daughter.

I don't worry about splurging when out with friends or on special occasions. Because I know I can diet for a few days and lose the 2 to 5 pounds I've put on. Then, back to my usual eating pattern.

Find an eating pattern that works for u. Remember, if you're losing a pound a week and can maintain that, you'll get wherever u want to be eventually!

Persephone
11-20-2013, 03:24 AM
Two words -- Weight Watchers. It is a great program that includes solid methods for changing your eating and movement habits. Can't recommend it enough. It works.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Traceyjo
11-20-2013, 04:46 AM
The most important thing is getting your diet right, especially reducing carbs but exercise is of course very important. The most efficient form is high intensity workouts, it achieves much faster results than walking or jogging and takes up much less time. Look up HIT or Tabata on the internet and you'll get great information .
As mentioned above just including lots of moving about in your daily routine is also an excellent way to burn up more calories. If you are really motivated it's not so hard. Good luck

Marcelle
11-20-2013, 06:42 AM
The thing about weight loss is that what works for some does not always work for others. While weight loss is plausible we are defined by our genetics to some degree so some will have to work harder than others. Age factors in as well as our metabolism slows when we get older. Best tip is eat right and healthy but don't starve yourself. We are biologically and genetically predisposed to slow our metabolism when our body feels we are starving (this is a hold over from the hunter gatherer days). Eat your three meals a day, eat sensibly and stay away from complex carbs. Someone mentioned weight watchers and I think this is a great place to learn about diet and eating healthy. Stay away from fad diets.

Exercise - aerobic conditioning will shed pounds rapidly (running, cycling, swimming). I jump rope for 50 minutes each day. However don't discount weight training in moderation. Yes guys can pack on muscle pretty darn fast and bulk up but if you stick to high reps/low weights it will help tone you and provide an athletic look to your body which can be quite feminine depending your body type and genetics. I am personally not a big guy (5'6" and 155 lbs - down from 180lbs) but interval training has help to give me a more athletic frame (lean muscle mass) which can look quite convincing in the right femme clothes.

Hugs

Isha

Tracii G
11-20-2013, 11:40 AM
What worked for me was portion control no second or third helping just one.I ate what I liked just less of it.
I quit eating fast food and cut out 50% of the red meat and ate more turkey and chicken.Incorporated more salads too.
If I wanted a snack I would make a small salad and use a low fat dressing.Don't eat after 9:00 pm.
Walking a couple of miles every night helped a whole lot too.
I'm 155 now down from 250. and have kept it off for 7 years or so.Basically it takes changing how you eat.
I still eat what I want and have a treat every now and then.

Lacyfem
11-20-2013, 11:46 AM
Yes always watch calories and do exercise. There are two things other than that I've found to work and are proven to work. One is Garcia Gamboa and the other Green Coffee Beans. Look them up as they are safe and do work. Both come in pill form and are proven to allow weight loss without the total lifestyle change. However, it will work better and faster if you can control your food intake and get more exercise but you don't have to kill yourself. Also honey, stay off the carbs.

robindee36
11-20-2013, 12:00 PM
Its all about what goes into your mouth. Yes, exercise is a helper but you must control what you eat. Without knocking any of the many 'diet suggestions' you just need to eat less. When I had to loose weight for medical reasons, my approach was pretty simple (for an engineer). Measure everything I ate, know the caloric and nutritional content and record it in a daily log. Once the day's intake got to 2000 calories, I was done. This was a 2 lb/week loss rate which totaled 30 lbs when I was done. After that, it was just maintenance of the newly formed eating habits.

Now, the measuring is a pain at first, but it allowed me to 'standardize' a number of meals. Once I knew the makeup of a particular meal, it was just a single line item......'standard lunch - 450 cal'. I always ate the same variety of foods as before the 'diet' it was just a matter of portion control.

I never ate 'fast food' but restaurants were always a challenge. No way to rate the caloric content but so long as it is not a nightly event, a little overage won't set you back too much. In these cases, you can revert to the Okinawan Diet 'stop at 8 parts full' (based on a 10 parts measure) . Unfortunately, most restaurant portions if fully consumed, leave you 20 parts full ;)

Best of luck in your endeavor. It is not easy, but it is so well worth the effort.

Hugs, Robin

Nadine Spirit
11-20-2013, 12:10 PM
About 10 years ago I lost 50 pounds using Atkins. I tried losing it through exercise alone, but that only got about half the weight off and then nothing. I then modified my diet through Atkins/low carb eating. Wow the weight just melted off. Since then I have been able to maintain my weight through moderate exercise and mostly being careful of my carb intake.

Best of luck! :)

Beverley Sims
11-20-2013, 02:05 PM
Jennifer,
I found putting a time lock on the refrigerator helpful.
I go touring and walking every couple of years. This helps lose weight.

Megan Nicole
11-20-2013, 07:14 PM
I went on Weight Watchers On-line back in September. Stuck too it to a "T". Have lost 16.5 lbs so far and feeling great. Little pricey to get strted....$60 or so. Well worth it though. You just have to be determined!

Megan

kfsteve391
11-20-2013, 10:14 PM
I have been on a low fat, lot cholesterol and low salt diet for five years. Also go to the fitness center four times a week and walk five miles a day. If you want to wear sexy, revealing clothes it is important to maintain your weight.

JamieQ
11-20-2013, 10:46 PM
I am down about 40 lbs this year. I basically done the "good carb vs. bad carb". Its sort of an Adkins or South Beach Diet thing...BUT!...I strongly suggest to stay out of ketosis. For those that do not know what it is...its sort of basically you starve your body of carbohydrates to the point it takes fat and muscle for energy, and then you create waste ketones (acids?)that get removed by kidneys. Its real hard on the kidneys...then I was walking 15-25 miles a week. I might loose 10 more... then I would have to buy new clothes!

UNDERDRESSER
11-20-2013, 10:49 PM
Don't "diet"

Try to eat real foods, not pre-packed crap, stuff that you know what it's made of. This is the best way to minimize sugar intake. Sugar, and all substitutes, i.e. High Fructose corn syrup, Honey, molasses, is too prevalent in our food. Avoid that as much as possible, and control your portions and grazing, and GET MORE ACTIVE.

I eat stuff that would freak most people trying to lose weight. Between me and the GF, we get through pounds of butter. We could both possibly lose about 10 pounds each, or more accurately, put on a few more muscles, but neither of us overweight, and we both look a lot better than almost everybody our ages.

BillieJoEllen
11-21-2013, 11:42 AM
If it works for you then by all means do it. I could just never see paying someone else for losing my own weight.

Lvjim
11-21-2013, 12:00 PM
For me carbs are the problem
I went low carb high protien and exercise

cindyinsatin
11-21-2013, 08:27 PM
nothing like trying to wear women's clothing to make one realize they need to drop a few pounds!

Michelle Fox
11-21-2013, 08:47 PM
It's been said before, but I'll say it as well, what works for me, may not work for you.

Last January I was 55lbs heavier than I am now. Since April I have only fluctuated 1 or 2 pounds from my current weight of 134. The downside is that I had to "purge" my closet. Funny saying that referring to my guy clothes. I went from a size large to a size small.

Here's what worked for me:

After watching the movie, "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead", I bought a juicer and replaced some of my meals with fruit/vegetable juice. Took some getting used to, but I began to feel great.

All but eliminated processed or refined foods from my diet. Now eat, salads, fruits, veggies, nuts (especially almonds) Greek yogurt. Protein drink in the morning. If it's raw and healthy, I didn't bother counting calories. Still practice portion control on the nuts since they are so high in calories.

Drink a lot of water.

Work out six days a week on the exercise bike. I ride at a tempo that keeps my heart rate in the aerobic range. Typically burn between 500 - 650 calories a day.

Here's what didn't work for me: counting calories, low fat diet, Atkins diet.

Good luck, find something that works for you and stick to it!

Josie P
11-21-2013, 10:40 PM
I guess I have taken the most extreme method of weight loss. I had bariatric surgery. This was not the band but a reduction in the size of my stomach. Since the decision to have the surgery I have lost 130 lbs. I have to say that you need to change your mental status regarding food. I use to live to eat now I eat to live.

thisgal16
12-04-2013, 04:59 PM
Sorry for the late response, I've been out of the country with out Internet. Thank you all for the advise I think I have a direction to head in and hope the pounds start going away.

michelle.foster
12-05-2013, 06:05 PM
Thisgal16,
I would like to weigh in on this. I am a health coach for Take Shape for Life. We are teaching a program created by a Critical Care Doctor who got tired of just reacting to peoples ailments and discovered that most real cause of most illnesses is imflammataion. He has developed a "life changing" program and started to get America Healthy one person at a time. I started this program in Feb. and by July I lost 45lbs and have never felt this good. My wife lost 25 in that same time period.
The problem with the "diet" is that when you have hit your goal weight, the pounds start coming back. We show you how to avoid this with a support system for the rest of your life at no cost to you.
PM me if you would like more information.

Michelle789
12-05-2013, 10:50 PM
It's simple if you're serious about weight loss. All u have to do is develope a plan for eating and drinking that works for u!

docrobbysherry - you said it perfectly.

I would add a few things. Disclaimer: I am speaking from my experience. I am by no means offering any medical advice. If you need medical advice, please go see a doctor.

1. Don't count calories. All calories aren't created equally. Count carbs instead. Carbs include sugar and anything that turns to sugar (starches). I once consulted a nutritionist, who gave me sound advice. For meals, stick to 30-60 grams of carbs. For snacks, stick to 10-20 grams of carbs. This is what my nutritionist told me, and it worked for me. Keep in mind the amount of carb intake may vary from person to person, if you want to know for sure, please consult a nutritionist.

2. Exercise. Do 45 minutes 4-5 times per week. It's not necessary to do strength training. Once per week, walk on an incline. You can do this either at a gym, riding a bike, or walking outdoors. In fact, I'd avoid too much muscle building if you want to pass as a female.

3. A 12-oz can of regular soda is the worst thing you can put into your body (and so is white flour). A 12-oz can of regular coke contains 72 grams of sugar, more than the 60 grams allowed by my nutritionist for an entire meal, all in a drink. A 12-oz strawberry frap at Starbucks, with whip cream, has only 41. I'm not saying drink a strawberry frap every day, but as an occasional treat it's way better than a soda. And IMO, more tasty too, and you'll go to the restroom less frequently. Don't deprive yourself, have the occasional treat.

4. Drink your coffee straight. Don't add sugar or cream. It might take time to get used to the taste, but you'll avoid the unnecessary sugar and fat. Also, I find I get a better caffeine kick if I drink my coffee straight than if I water it down with sugar and cream.

5. It's okay to slack off once in a while. Maybe once per 2 months, slack off on exercise for a week. Don't stop exercise, but cut back for a week every other month. It tricks the body the same way a cheat day does.

6. Drink alcohol in moderation only. Your best bet is an occasional glass of wine. Avoid beer and mixed drinks, which contains high amounts of sugar. Binge drinking is not allowed, I guarantee you weight gain from binging, plus you might do something you regret and mess up your liver.

7. Don't smoke. Smoking not only makes you lethargic, and may cause you difficulty doing exercise, but many people who quit smoking gain weight immediately after they quit. Usually it's because you replace the cigarette with food, often sugar.

hazelm
12-06-2013, 12:23 AM
nothing like trying to wear women's clothing to make one realize they need to drop a few pounds!

So true.

Adriana Moretti
12-06-2013, 03:01 AM
I am trying to lose a few myself right now..i found the best way is obviously diet...i went vegetarian...stop all those urges...eat to live, not live to eat. ...i also run for 60 minutes before breakfast in the morning..60 minutes is alot but i am trying to lose some muscle mass as well and from what i read this is the best way to lose your muscle. If you jog say 20 minutes first thing in the morning before any food you will be running on strictly your bodyfat ...the weight comes off fast and you feel great. I also do an ab workout , followed by 30 minutes of aqua fitness. The pounds are coming off quick, looking forward to showing you gals the results too! Set goals..stick to them, have fun...listen to music..create a sexy playlist...you will have more energy too...good luck