PDA

View Full Version : Busted!

Persephone
11-20-2013, 03:33 AM
Yep! It finally happened to me.

This morning we had an election. Since I'm still registered as a guy I figured it would be quicker and easier if I went in a men's poloshirt and a leather jacket. O.K., the jacket is really a women's, but it looks a lot like Fonzie's jacket and generally passes as a guy's jacket when I want it to.

On the way home from voting my spouse and I stopped at a local station for some gas for the car.

I'm just about to get out of the driver's seat when my manicurist drove towards me, heading for the other side of the pumps!

Crap! I don't want her to see me like this!

I quickly bloused out my jacked to cover my shirt and look a bit boobier and asked my spouse if she would please go pump the gas.

My manicurist and I smiled and waved at each other as she pulled further down the row of gas pumps. I never got out of the car, and she, probably in a hurry, never came over to my car either.

I have a manicure tomorrow so we'll see if she says anything. But wow, being busted feels pretty awful!

Hugs,
Persephone.

MichelleinEugene
11-20-2013, 03:55 AM
Great post, Persophone. Near miss getting caught in drab drag. Just tip her extra for her silence. Xoxo

KristyE
11-20-2013, 04:58 AM
Probably a none issue for her, you should calm down and see. As you see, often our fears are usually greater than reality. Enjoy your manicure sweetie.
Love Kristy

Cynthia Anne
11-20-2013, 07:17 AM
Sounds like a mild case of being busted to me! If she enjoys you as a customer I doubt that you will ever know weather she has put two and two together!

linda allen
11-20-2013, 07:42 AM
My manicurist is from Vietnam and speaks very little English ("You want cut short?", "You wash hands.", You want clear polish?", etc.) so I don't think seeing her in public would be a problem. The whole buch of then talk constantly in the salon and I have no idea what they are saying.

I Am Paula
11-20-2013, 08:08 AM
Before I went full time, I had separate gas stations, banks, and supermarkets to go to. I sometimes got reverse clocked in guy mode. Embarrassing!

Christina Horton
11-20-2013, 08:41 AM
Look Hun. If she does your nails all the time she probably already knows your cd and most likely does not care. She knows you as you. I bet if she says anything it will only be positive. Don't worrie.

Sara Jessica
11-20-2013, 09:40 AM
Wow, a "reverse-bust"!!! Given your out-&-about-ness, I totally understand where you're coming from. There's a decent chance she just perceived you as the woman she knows without any makeup.

Amy Lynn3
11-20-2013, 10:38 AM
What happens at the gas station should stay at the gas station. I have that agreement with my housekeeper. What she finds of mine, stays here at my house and she tells nobody.

Beverley Sims
11-20-2013, 02:09 PM
Barbara,
Surprise, surprise.
Bummer. :)
Ihave been seen by others that know me but all it did was mess with their minds.
No one has ever said anything.

Persephone
11-20-2013, 09:26 PM
Update:

I went for my manicure and she said absolutely nothing about us crossing paths at the gas station. We simply went into our usual discussion of our lives. Maybe she really didn't notice me at all!

BTW, my manicurist does not have any difficulty with the English language, she is a local woman who grew up right here. We know each other's families.

It was a non-event but I always dread running into people when en drab.

Hugs,
Persephone.

kimdl93
11-20-2013, 09:44 PM
I understand the feeling. While out en femme, I've befriended a few people that have asked if they'll ever see me in male mode. I told them, not if I could help it...I hate to ruin the illusion, such as it is!

Eryn
11-20-2013, 11:11 PM
At worst she would have seen "frumpy Barbara" not a guy.